Installing Pro CFW on a PSP 3000 (PSP Brite)

Heads up: 1 Year Playstation Plus Code $39.99 (33% off) on Amazon again (as of 11/20/2017, 2pm, JST)

Translations for this article:

Important note: the following guide is valid on all regional variations of the PSP 300x: PSP 3000, PSP 3001, PSP 3002, etc… up to PSP 3009.

Installing a Custom Firmware on your PSP 3000 has never been so easy. In this page I’m describing the easiest possible way for you to install the most reliable Custom Firmware on your PSP: Pro CFW.

Installing Pro CFW on your PSP3000 is simple, free, and is not much risky than installing a Firmware update on your device. It does not require any advanced hack technique or hardware modification. There’s basically 3 easy steps (you were expecting more? Sorry to disappoint):

1. Download the necessary files

2. Update your PSP To firmware 6.60

Skip this step if you already have Firmware 6.60 installed on your PSP.

In order to install Pro CFW on your PSP, you will need to first update your PSP to the 6.60 Sony firmware (which, at the time of this writing, is the latest firmware released by Sony), if that’s not already the case. There are versions of Pro CFW that will run on older firmwares, but updating to 6.60 will guarantee the best compatibility for your official games.

To install the 6.60 Firmware, just unzip the archive on your PSP’s memory stick, in the “PSP/GAME” folder (you should end up with an “UPDATE” folder in the PSP/GAME folder, if you do things correctly), then run the update from your PSP menu.

Trouble upgrading? Ask for help on our forums

3. Install Pro CFW

The Pro CFW archive provides several subfolders in the “PSP/GAME” folder. Two of them are interesting for us: the FastRecovery and the PROUPDATE folders. Those two need to be extracted to the PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick.

Assuming you extracted the files correctly, you will see a few new applications in your PSP’s Game menu. The one you will want to run in order to install Pro CFW is “Pro Update”. Just run it.

That’s it. You can erase the “ProUpdate” folder from your PSP, but keep the “FastRecovery” one.

4. DAILY USE

That’s it, I said 3 steps 🙂 Welcome to the world of Custom Firmwares. There’s no additional step required to install the Pro CFW. However, every time you reboot your console, you will have to reactivate ProCFW, which is done by running the Fast Recovery tool from your PSP’s Game menu, and takes literally 5 seconds.

5. Power user

In this section you will find additional tricks/steps if you want to improve or customize your experience with a Custom Firmware on your PSP 3000

Some people think that it is a burden to reactivate the CFW every time they reboot their console. It is important to note that this is needed only if you reboot the console, not if you put it into sleep mode. Most people use the sleep mode 90% of the time without ever realizing it. Trust me, I’ve used several PSPs for years now, running the Fast Recovery tool is not a problem in your daily usage. That being said, it is possible on most models of PSP 3000 to downgrade to Firmware 6.20, and install a permanent CFW on this firmware. Honestly I don’t recommend this, but if you’re interested, go and check on our forums.

1. Therealskip says:

does anyone know if this method works on 3010? it states on the instructions that it is for up to 3009

2. It won’t work for me. I see corrupt data in my memory stick, but I deleted them.

3. kebs says:

Thanks works perfect . psp 3006 using 6.60 PRO-C

4. Arvickz says:

Cannot update 6.60
    “The system software of your PSP system is version 9.90. There is no need to update.

Help please………………

• S says:

Step 1: Take your PSP and hit the SELECT button on the XMB and your VSH menu will appear. Change your USB device to “flash 0” and then hit SELECT again to leave the VSH menu.
      Step 2: Plug in a USB cable and activate USB mode on the PSP and go to your My Computer (windows XP) or Computer (Windows Vista/7) and locate the removable drive for your PSP.
      Step 3: Locate the vsh folder and open it and then inside that folder locate the etc folder and open that and you should see a version.txt
      Step 4: open the version.txt document.
      Step 5: the first set of number should say “9.90” if you are having this problem. Change those numbers to “5.50” and then save and exit the version.txt document.
      Step 6: exit USB mode and go back to the XMB and hit SELECT and change your USB device to Memory Stick (MS) and SELECT to exit and save and your done.

5. David says:

mine shows corrupted data, what did i do wrong?

here are the steps i followed:

1. update my firmware to 6.60
    2. download ‘Pro CFW (latest version)
    3. copy and pasted my .iso file to my /Removable Disk (G:)/PSP/Game
    4. i
    5. i launched ‘Pro update’ and followed the instructions
    6. i launched ‘Pro-C fast recovery’
    7. psp rebooted itself but still, games show as corrupted data

6. Naveen says:

I put off The Zs Sensme mod on my PSP but now it is not turning on after installation. when i turn it on only green light turns on for 7-8 seacond can u help me to repair it????????

7. querobin says:

Hey men! Thank you so much!! U r the man!!

8. Chris says:

Can i use this cfw ony psp 2000?

9. Celeste1893098249 says:

Hey, I followed the steps on a PSP 3003 however, when i put the iso in the memory card PSP/GAME nothing shows up? 🙁

10. Celeste1893098249 says:

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKS NOW WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

11. Steve says:

Hello,
    I have PSP 3000 with 6.60 Pro-b10 CFW. Is there a way to downgrade it to 5.00 OFW and install 5.00-m33 CFW? (Sorry for mistakes, I’m not english)

12. mohit says:

thanks alot…!!!

13. iqbal says:

can any one tell me what goes wrong?
    I have used the 6.60 pro B and it works like a charm until I copy a game “300” after quitting from the game the games in the memory stick cannot be seen…but I stiil have the pro updater but I try launch the cfw it still cannot read my game….has anyone experienced this situation?

14. John says:

Can anyone help me? I have a PSP-3000 and the 6.60 firmware. I’ve tried multiple times to install this CFW but it never works, when I go to the Memory Stick option on the “Game” menu nothing shows up. Would really appreciate some help 🙁

• John says:

Nevermind I already fixed it 😀
      For some reason my PSP didn’t have a GAME folder inside of the PSP folder, it had another PSP folder (inside the PSP folder) with the GAME folder inside, which is where I put the files for installing the CFW. I made a new GAME folder inside the original PSP folder, put the CFW files there and it worked!

15. Dima says:

Guys I have psp2001 I installed cfw. All games works but when I import the game it shows me two files in xmb one is the game one is corrupted data, what’s the problem?

16. Stockton says:

Hello, I had a question for the experts on this site, I currently have a PSP 1001 with 6.60 Pro-C firmware, and while on vacation, a maid knocked it on the floor and it won’t read disks anymore, the ISOs and Gameboy games I have downloaded o the memory stick still work, but seeing as I still play UMDs I am going to have to buy a new PSP, so my question is, will the memory stick I currently have that I was using with my PSP 1001 work on a PSP 3001 (or whatever the north american region code is) and still have the working firmware for my ISOs and Gameboy games?
    Thank you for a response, and I apologize for the lengthy question.
    Sincerely,
    Stockton Terlson

17. ScpoSteel says:

So I downloaded the Pro CFW for the PSP 3000, and got everything to work fine. My issue is that the only emulator that is working on there is the NES one. I’ve tried the SNES, Gameboy, and Genesis one from the download page, and they all register as corrupt data. So is there an issue with the emulators themselves, or am I doing something wrong?

18. ScpoSteel says:

Hey guys, I had posted a comment earlier asking about what I was doing wrong, and I figured out where I went wrong. When I downloaded the Emulators and placed them in the respective folder it would read the files as corrupted. For the life of me I couldn’t figure it out. After doing some thinking I figured out where I went wrong. If you use Media GO on your PC or lap top the first thing you need to do is move the file onto the game section of Media Go. This will transfer the data so it can be recognized. After that all you have to do is move the emulator in the game folder and the rest is history.

19. paed808 says:

um, well yeah. i booted up my psp for the first time in forever and while it was charging i clicked fast recovery. (i already installed the cfw, just doing the fast recovery) then my psp 3000 died of low battery.

right now there is no orange charging light and when i take out the battery and charge it, it turns on for 1 second and shuts off.

is it full bricked? :/

• paed808 says:

Edit: I booted up my psp 3001 without the battery and it works, I had to take out the UMD for it to boot up. So now I know it’s the battery.

20. Max says:

How can I have my existing Cintro on 6.60, with this program, if I have Autostart v5.6 which won’t work until I Use Fast Recovery? I’m assuming that if Autostart v5.6 would work once i boot the PSP then the Cintro would work

21. Dy7 says:

I have psp 3004 and i want to hack it ….I have downloaded so many pro updater but none of them worked. I click on pro updater psp restart with psp portable logo and then screen goes blank nothing happens…..

• Jato3124 says:

I have a psp 3001 and the same problem is happening with me can anyone help me out

• Jato3124 says:

I have a psp 3001 and i followed all the syeps correctly but when it said press x to reboot i did but i see the sony logo then it freezes and goes off. Can anyone please help me out

22. Herbert says:

Hi everyone!

Just a short question. I have a PSP 3000 running 5.50 Gen-D3 (did not install it myself) at the moment and I would like to upgrade to 6.XX in order to execute the upcoming exploit on my PSVita.

Can I upgrade to 6.60 OFW as this guide describes without any risks or do I have to “do” anything as I’m currently run a CFW?

Thanks a lot!

23. Yun Hizawa says:

THANKS A LOT! I can’t believe I paid $20 for this two years ago xD

24. Ulrich says:

Hi, I followed the instruction and downloaded the files.
    But when I tried to update it went to a blank screen and says the following:

Sorry. This program doesn’t support your firmware FW(0X06030510)

What went wrong? I double checked just in case I’ve got my PSP version wrong but it isn’t. Mine is a 3008 so it should be the same category as 3000’s right?

Thanks in advance

25. deepak says:

plzzzz help i hav psp 3004 version 5.03 , how to crack permenantly plzzzz help me gyzzzzz

26. deepak says:

plzzzzz help me gyzzzzz

27. Persia Altair says:

Hey guys, I did all the steps mentioned above and It worked properly the only problem is that it doesn’t show my games when I activate it (Let’s say the game is MHP3rd English Patch v.5) when i checked the the game in the folder it clearly shows it there . why doesn’t it show up ? PLZ. HELP

• vregier8 says:

I don’t know if you’re talkin’ ’bout ISOs or Eboots. But if you mean ISOs, you have to put them at the root of the memory stick in a folder called ISO. hope this helped!

28. Chico says:

I f***d up, I went to PRO CFW instead of Pro Update & now my psp’s not responding please help!!

29. Asraf says:

anyone can help me. i have upgrade my psp to version 6.61..i cant play game..anyone can help me downgrade ?plsss.. email me at asrafsalas@gmail.com

30. SkyboundLight says:

I accidentally used fast recovery, while on 6.61 (was trying to use downgrader to get the 6.60 firmware installed and running on the psp) and it went black, power shut off, and it won’t start at all. Really need help ;-;

31. GTALover says:

It seems a little bit out of date, Wololo. OFW 6.61 has already been released and PRO and ME for 6.61.

32. RINZLER says:

hey i followed the steps properly (like i do always) and now i have pro c2 in my psp but i also have this other folder ‘CIPL_FLASHER’ along with the ‘FastRecovery’ & ‘PRO UPDATE’ folder in my PSP/GAMES folder… i deleted the PROUPDATE but what do i do with the CIPL_FLASHER…??? i it safe it run it…??? what happens if i run it…??? Damn curious.. lemme know… AND thanks for this post.. helped me a lot…!!!

• Carson says:

“hey i followed the steps properly (like i do always) ”

No you did not. The tutorial said only copy PROUPDATE and FastRecovery to the game folder.

33. karl says:

Cipl flasher is for 1000 series i guess

34. Samuel says:

When I run the ProUpdate on my psp 3000 it starts and then I get a black screen for quite some time (enternity).
    I’ve done everything according to how to install CFW.
    What is the problem? How can I fix it??

35. Daka256xr says:

This worked for me, thanks!
    PSP Blue 3004 fw6.10

36. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a friend who
    was conducting a little research on this. And he actually bought me lunch because
    I discovered it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this….

Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some
    time to talk about this matter here on your web page.

1. May 22, 2015

[…] PDF File Name: Installing pro cfw on a psp 3000 (psp brite) – wololo.net Source: wololo.net » DOWNLOAD « […]

2. May 25, 2015