Half-Byte Loader

What is it?

If you have firmware 6.60 or below, you might want to install a Custom Firmware rather than HBL.
This page is the official Download page for Half-Byte Loader. If you have questions please check the FAQ. For the latest news about Half Byte Loader, check the HBL Category on this blog.
Half-Byte Loader (HBL) is an open source Homebrew Loader for the Sony PSP. It allows to play fan-made games on any PSP up to firmware 6.39. HBL allows to run emulators for the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo 64, Sega Megadrive, NES, Super NES… and many other applications.

Downloads

The Version of HBL you need to download depends on the firmware of your PSP, and is independent of the model (it works on all models, 1000, 2000, 3000, and PSP Go). Click on the firmware installed on your PSP to be redirected to the appropriate download page:

Additional downloads

If you’re looking for good homebrews that run on your PSP, don’t look any further, those are 15 games and utilities that will keep you entertained for hundreds of hours.

How to use

Check the README.txt file in the zip file :)

More Info

HBL is a work in progress and sometimes it might fail to load your favorite homebrew. However we believe it is harmless for your PSP and I personally test my work on several PSPs before releasing it. We are also confident that this program cannot “brick” your psp and it will not void your Sony Warranty.

HBL is open source, the compiled versions I provide are a compiled version of the sources available freely here

Need Help?

If you have questions/issues please go to the official forums

Want to Help?

HBL is a work in progress and we need your help. Bug reports, test reports, and code patches are welcome. I also accept donations if you want to support my releases.

1. noob’s avatar

how can i uninstall 6.20 pro b5 running on my psp go, i would like to turn it back to tn hen e.. thnx…

1. 指纹’s avatar

U need to run PRO UPDATE again,and then follow the tips.It will lead u to uninstall the pro.
      If u have installed the perma patch,then u should run PRO PERMA in the first place to uninstall the patch. then PRO UPDATE

1. Jj’s avatar

My psp go 6.39 won’t turn on.It won’t connect via USB so what do I do?…..
        Pz I really want to get back into gaming on my device! :)

1. Ivo’s avatar

Probably.. it BRICKED…

2. MHazell’s avatar

You had to have bricked it. You’re going to have to send it off to Sony for them to fix it.

2. vjkjh’s avatar

its been a long time since the ofw 6.37 was released or atleast it feels that way and i was wondering why isnt hen out already

could you guys atleast give us a release date?

1. toBsucht’s avatar

Most likely the dev.´s wait till Sony patch the 6.37 and up ;) exploit. Maybe a littel longer or never :( .. surely not some1 do it in the future as long as it isn´t released do not update.

@noob make sure you know what you do or brick :P how to uninstall prob is a long answer. Backup the vshorg.prx and vshmain.prx! Ihope you got it already.

2. jack105’s avatar

same here. I hope they will create a HEN for 6.37 ofw for psp-2000 series. or at least Hellcat’s recovery flasher that will able the psp to downgrade to any firmware…

3. 指纹’s avatar

No one gives u a release date.Know what,it had been a year and half or more than that since OFW over 5.03 released then HEN comes out by TN.Its not so easy to make a HEN,cuz we need kneral exploit be found.

3. noob’s avatar

@toBsucht how can i fake my firmware?im using 6.20 pro b5 on my go, and ive my friend gave me an psn game of patapon 3, it says i have to update to 6.30 to play it,

1. toBsucht’s avatar

It seems like my comment with links is moderated^:(^ use the option fake version and place a faked 6.3x txt in the plugins floder. If got a file @ my mediafire.com/tobsucht floder with 6.xx – 9.99 ver.txt (tn hb´s/plugin) or try ver.-txt-installer out of the tn app floder.

4. toBsucht’s avatar

idk how to use version.txt in pro hen. With tn-d u have to place the txt file in seplugins and enabel it in vsh meu (fake ver.txt). Here are some:6.20-6.39 and 9.99 version fake text.rar http://www.mediafire.com/?puk4p2ntziaobza
    or try Version.txt Installer http://www.mediafire.com/?7270n99woj8bnpo
    to get more info how to turn back to none permantent (downgrade) go here:

5. jack105’s avatar

can’t wait for the updates for HEN 6.37 OFW psp 2000 series or HRF to downgrade firmware..how sad…

6. goldkillerv’s avatar

check this site out for psp topics and updates on firmwares on every type of psp. it is very good..even i tried it out.

also register in the forums to talk to the staff and other members on psp!

7. noob’s avatar

hey is it ok the new downgrader of mr davee? can i downgrade my psp go 5g model 6.37 to 6.20 or 6.35?

8. RedMageCole’s avatar

I hope they come out with Version 6.38. I was stupid enough to update my PSP.. -.-

9. sawyer john’s avatar

does hbr 113 work on psp firmware 6.39 i have over 3000 games (dosbox, snes, scumm, amiga and frotz) and would hate to loose them if i update . i have 6.38 now

10. sawyer john’s avatar

n yes hbr 113 works great on 6.38

11. john sawyer’s avatar

whats everyone out for the holiday, iwant to update n now hbr 113 runs stright from xmb, cool, need answer for firmware 6.39

12. john sawyer’s avatar

hbr113 on ofw 6.39 ??? anyone know

1. tobsucht’s avatar

yes it does with close to zero brick risk .. can you not run the new pro b6 hen for ofw? go here http://wololo.net/talk note you most likely can downgrade your psp now with some1´s downgrader

1. sawyer’s avatar

bless you 4 reply so if hbr 113 works with 6.39 i guess i will update so i can go to psn

1. toBsucht’s avatar

as jack replyed the downgrader is working well and easy.
          To go to psn you can fake version with a hen or simply use pro-b6 for fw6.39 ^^best fw for me 6.20 ;) ^downgrade to a lower ver. maybe brick your psp^

13. jack105’s avatar

Guys, anyone there want to downgrade from 6.37/6.38/6.39 oFW, just visit www,psp-hacks.com, you can now downgrade to 6.20 and have TN HEN and play ISO’s from there, you can go to 5.50 gen cfw’s,

14. noob’s avatar

is there an application in psp go that fully capable of doing the bluetooth system of it, like transfering files, example music from psp transfering via bluetooth to cellphone?? thnx just asking

15. JeeVeS’s avatar

Well, I haven’t been here in ages…since downgrading to 3.71 rather than 5.00 by accident, i’ve attempted to upgrade, but my PSP just give me error 8001005, saying it cannot read my Memory Stick!!!

I know it’s not a fake, and I’ve never had any trouble with it before now. Is there any chance that someone out there could help me? Thanks in advance!

16. sawyer’s avatar

i like hbr 113 because i can run it from game menu with no trouble i dont know what i have 2 do for any other homebrew enabler plus if i down grade then when i buy a new game that requires a high firmware i have the latesest ofw with no trouble , can u understand how i feel ? homebrew is kinda new 2 me and i kinda stumbled on to hbr113. i like it allowing me to put dosbox, scumm, amiga, frotz, n64 (which runs without having to run hbr113), and other homebrews . i dont understand what an iso is or all that

17. sawyer’s avatar

i am not really smart on what iso , beta, and some other lingo means. I like hbr113 cause all i have 2 do is goto game menu and run hbr113 then psp lets all emulators work. dont know if putting other enablers on my psp would confuse me. kinda like if it aint broke dont fix it. funny thing though, my dad has vending co. n made super pacman, donkeykong etc… very smart man with eproms (sp?)

18. GOKU’s avatar

change the ms, and update at 620

19. GOKU’s avatar

try TN hen 6.20 E

20. noob’s avatar

help pls,i have an psn version of final fantasy 8,but i cant see any game save of its version,only for ps1 and ps3 only,how can i convert it to psp save? thnx

1. Shinny’s avatar

you dont… its like i was looking for MGS… no luck only ps3 and ps1 saves… u have to finish it by your self… and whats the point of downloading a save.. the game will be no more interesting…

1. Shinny’s avatar

spam?

1. toBsucht’s avatar

^^thinking the same but without ? :p

1. Shinny’s avatar

hey i remember u and Lorz since Hot Shot Golf exploit =)

21. Shaan’s avatar

Hi Bro

I bought new PSP -3004 Ver 6.35,
    How can i play the downloaded games in the PSP , Naruto, God of war.
    Actually my friend told me that i should crack/Hack to play pirated version games, i usually download from the torrents , Can you pls guide me in detail.

22. Anthony’s avatar

If You Have HBL on Psp Go And You update it will you lose your hacks?

23. Ben vd Heijden’s avatar

Sorry but I am getting completely confused by all this info.

I have PSP 3004 with firmware V 6.37 datecode D1 and I have the feeling after reading info on this site that I can play Iso games on it. However I do not know how to manage; do i Need Half Byte Loader, e2boot, any Homebrew Enabler (HEN) or maybe something else ?
    Can anyone please inform me what I best can do to play my favorite games. like Fifa and Need for Speed . And also what are the risks (apart from warranty void) of doing these changes to the product !

Many thanks in advance

Ben

24. toBucht’s avatar

Ben you have to update to 6.39 ofw (OrginalFireWare) then you can use pro-hen 6.39 (8b) or tn-a 6.39 (may tn-”extended”)°°googel them, they got iso loading options. Close to 0 risk ;)
    Datacode is not really importend anymore for 3004!
    ^^You may can downgrade but littel brick risk, make sure you know what to do if you trying downgrade (best should be some1´s downgrader)!

1. Shinny’s avatar

sorry toBucht but its official Firm Ware

2. toBucht’s avatar

sorry 4 being so wronge :D

25. Alex’s avatar

yeah, i stupidly updated to 6.60, and now hbl crashes, i would love ether an hbl that runs on 6.60 or a 6.59 downgrader. any links?

1. equis’s avatar

There’s no downgrader (no exploit yet) to 6.60. You should wait.

26. HBL-Required!!’s avatar

Wololo & HBL Team,I cant find a link to 6.60 HBL,only 6.39 and older.Please release a newer version of HBL that works with 6.60.PLEASEE!!!!!!!!!

1. wololo’s avatar

We’re working on it.

1. equis’s avatar

Strange… so, signed HBL doesn’t work on 6.60? They ruined the functions or what? Memory management? I was expecting there were no problems with signed homebrew :?

1. PSPUser’s avatar

There is not a problem with signed homebrew just HBL.On my psp ofw 6.60
          i have Lamecraft,CSPSP,Wagic,NZP and they work perfectly

2. toBsucht’s avatar

back to unsigned hbl with updated nid etc idk? Whatever i´m sure they get it soon!

3. iSWORD’s avatar

Next time someone decides to create a HEN must remove the update button from the XMB! -_-’

27. toBsucht’s avatar

jjs hbl for ofw6.60 only ;) http://wololo.net/talk/download/file.php?id=944
    reported as working homebrews PSPdisp v0.6, Snes9xTYL, ScummVM 1.3.1 and Basilisk II

@iSWORD if you update in hen mode you´ll probatly update the hen ;)

1. Shinny’s avatar

Well i cant be sure on 100% if he will be able to update in nhen mode.. usualy it says that you have the latest firmware installed =D
      About update button.. yeah not a bad idea =D

28. sawyer’s avatar

u guys that make hbl possible r great.

29. Username’s avatar

Would be nice to see this able to run PSX/PS1 conversions

30. CAMILO MORALES’s avatar

BUENOS DIAS TENGO UNAS PREGUNTAS PUES TENGO UNA PSP GO CON VERSION 6.60 Y KIERO JUGAR JUEGOS EN ISO SE PUEDE ESTARE MUY AGRADECIDO CON SUS RESPUESTAS

1. burntroach’s avatar

all system games backups download all u want but please seed an share an only download a backup if u own the orignal an got the orignal put up in a safe spot if u do not have the orignal please delete the games after 24hours an support the game companys if u like the game buy it

31. jack’s avatar

please how to get more games for my psp go ver 6.60, please

32. U_RAW’s avatar

hi im new to psp’s
    so i wanted to know that i just bought a psp 3004 and i update its firmware to 6.60
    and i did not hack my psp but downloaded the TN HOMEBREW ENABELER and it shows on in my psp under the game option in my psp in memory stick and it starts also
    so i wana know will cso games run on my psp or not

33. jake’s avatar

can ues this program to run the PS! v of silent hill i have the the game on my pc in psp eb and the ps1 fill format can you help
    psp dame good program

34. jake’s avatar

ops me-net P.S

35. Paco’s avatar

Is it starting the Homebrew directly from the game, or u can run it from the psp menu?

1. toBsucht’s avatar

If you talk about hbl no it cann´t start a homebrew from the psp-menu =xmb ;). The good thing about hbl is you can use it to start some brews from any floder. If you use tn-hen or pro hen you have to place the brews @ games floder to start them from xmb.

1. Paco’s avatar

i wanted to ask can i update to PRO when the savedata exploit ?

2. Paco’s avatar

i wanted to know can i update my psp to PRO or OFW directly from the save data exploit

1. Shinny’s avatar

Paco… i dont want to be rude but please use CFW for dummies and dont ask that kind of stupid stuff… or use Google and Youtube… and yeah you cant install OFW or CFW (PRO) using a save exploit…

36. Paco’s avatar

I wanted to ask can i update to PRO directly from the save data exploit

37. ninesix’s avatar

what a noob

38. PSPGo-6.39’s avatar

ok PSP Go 6.39 going to black screen, lights flash and then goes off

Extracted files to root and PSP/Games as instructed. But was going the black screen reset thing.
    I then look back in my Root/PSP and find the .h and hbl folder moved into there??
    So moved them back to Root, held the power switch up to power off completely, powered back up and then ran the hbl and it launched ok.

Just thought i’d note to help anyone out :)

39. coolbeach’s avatar

Can i run the game data exploit with the FULL game(from umd)?
    Please answer

1. toBsucht’s avatar

maybe i´m wrong! patapon?

· 1 · · 65 · 66 · 67 · 68 ·