Half-Byte Loader

What is it?

If you have firmware 6.60 or below, you might want to install a Custom Firmware rather than HBL.
This page is the official Download page for Half-Byte Loader. If you have questions please check the FAQ. For the latest news about Half Byte Loader, check the HBL Category on this blog.
Half-Byte Loader (HBL) is an open source Homebrew Loader for the Sony PSP. It allows to play fan-made games on any PSP up to firmware 6.39. HBL allows to run emulators for the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo 64, Sega Megadrive, NES, Super NES… and many other applications.

Downloads

The Version of HBL you need to download depends on the firmware of your PSP, and is independent of the model (it works on all models, 1000, 2000, 3000, and PSP Go). Click on the firmware installed on your PSP to be redirected to the appropriate download page:

Additional downloads

If you’re looking for good homebrews that run on your PSP, don’t look any further, those are 15 games and utilities that will keep you entertained for hundreds of hours.

How to use

Check the README.txt file in the zip file :)

More Info

HBL is a work in progress and sometimes it might fail to load your favorite homebrew. However we believe it is harmless for your PSP and I personally test my work on several PSPs before releasing it. We are also confident that this program cannot “brick” your psp and it will not void your Sony Warranty.

HBL is open source, the compiled versions I provide are a compiled version of the sources available freely here

Need Help?

If you have questions/issues please go to the official forums

Want to Help?

HBL is a work in progress and we need your help. Bug reports, test reports, and code patches are welcome. I also accept donations if you want to support my releases.

1. xspalter’s avatar

ähm kenn mich mit mediafire nich so aus wie komm ich den da in deinen web ordner und wo kann ich denn hier im forum nach nem umd shrink tut suchen

1. xspalter’s avatar

hm ich muss bei mediafire angemeldet sein mein computer zeigt nähmlich ab “oops this page is broken”

1. toBsucht’s avatar

nein musst du nicht. Come to the hbl-forum i write with u in private.

1. xspalter’s avatar

ja komm wenn ichs schaff in nächsten tagen zu wololo.net/forum mein user name ist dann XSpalter

2. xspalter’s avatar

gibts nicht irgendeine Möglichkeit eine große iso auf fake_np zu starten

1. xspalter’s avatar

bin jetz im forum wie kann ich dir schreiben

1. Arkitakama’s avatar

Du Hast teh noms? I can half-speak German as well.

2. toBsucht’s avatar

hab deine eingestellte topic gesehen. Bitte frage in passenden topics. Du findest mich mit der Suchfunktion neber login /out. Oder ein post von mir besuchen und das Zeichen PM unter meinem Bild anklicken.
        Ps: Hab dir schon was geschrieben!

3. Alexandros’s avatar

Guys! seriously, you have done a wonderful job here. Hbl works great. Of course I’m still waiting for a fix for the 6.37 patch, but, anyway I’ll enjoy this!

Thanks!

4. Sebastian’s avatar

thus HBL run on OFW 6.37?

1. Alexandros’s avatar

5. ltsonic’s avatar

thanks im enjoying these nights playing counter strike, but why when i select my network connection on online it says error check WLAN switch. its on and it still dont work. so i just play with bots.

6. Roberto1’s avatar

man no asks questions these days?

7. pilipinas’s avatar

i think, the hen users move to the wololo.net/talk

8. yellow’s avatar

permanent hen for 6.20tn-D check dash hacks.com

1. toBsucht’s avatar

yes since yesterday but brick risk ^^ if someone wanna try have a look into Wololos forum

2. psp champion’s avatar

im verson 6.38 i have a psp 3000 i dont no how to get chicken hen r2 because they dont work they say corrupted all of my hombrews plz comment.

this doesn´t work use halfbyte loader hbl113 (signed) or signed hb´s

9. Matterio’s avatar

ahahahaha i dedicated this about a year ago to wololo’ s project, then i was with 6.20 tn-a, -b thanks to all, now i dowgraded to 5.03, & with soft-mod i have full CFW 5.00 m33-6 with popsloader, & cwcheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’ t wanna nothing else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THX TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Here’ s the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmtoZ0gatzA

10. David’s avatar

PSP’s ISOs are ok in HBL or just homebrews?

1. toBsucht’s avatar

david this question is ask 1000 times try iso-to-eboot and run them with ofw or use fake np.exe(version 1 for ofw6.20) i have already posted some links here.

11. AnonX3’s avatar

Is there any way to get a way to cheat on a PSP 6.37? Or some homebrew app that’ll do it, cause CWCheat won’t work because its a plug-in apparently ):

1. toBsucht’s avatar

maybe savegame cheat or the classic ingame cheats. No cheat homebrew for 6.37 till now as far as i know.

1. AnonX3’s avatar

How about iCheat? It looks like a homebrew app, but it just keeps going into a black screen whenever I try loading it with HBL…

1. toBsucht’s avatar

icheat is a homebrew installer 4 cfw. To use cheat homebrews u need the option to run prx(seplugins-floder). Normaly u can cheat in a game if u got the skills or a good web search. Good luck.
          I prefer normal gameplay; only cheat for some fx or if i cann´t pass a part/level. ? U know u can download savegame!

12. toBsucht’s avatar

xsplater? where are u / wo bist du

13. Woh’s avatar

my psp 2006 v3 is fully bricked because update 6.35 failed
    how to fix it?

14. lala land’s avatar

^ Use pandora battery or make one out of your own battery

15. goldkillerv’s avatar

hi guys!! its me again!! i finished making lots of updates for my GK-GEN (A) and (B). m gonna publish them to a site. m making my own site at the moment. i ‘ll publish it there. so enjoy!!!
    don’t forget to visit my site!!!

16. pilipinas’s avatar

the newslide for psp go doesnt work for me?and the aloader?i follow the instructions, im kinda noob?

17. Beni’s avatar

When I run the save data of Patapon2 and then to press “RTrigger” then my psp 3007 (V5.51) was power off…..

following I use the files.
    patapon2.zip –> Patapon2 Demo
    hbl-r109-patapon2-wololo.zip
    UCUS98732_DATA02.zip

1. toBsucht’s avatar

use signed hbl rev 113. try cfw 6XXInstaller http://www.mediafire.com/?3qghwd6inmr4thx
      Update you psp offline to 6.20 and use tn-d or 6.35 cfw do not update higher than 6.35. Go to http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=146

18. goku’s avatar

HI GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION, THE HEN D IS GONE A BE THE LAST ONE FOR PSP 6.20 OR MAYBE GONE A EXIST RELEASE (HEN – E) WHIT NEW THINGS…

19. goldkillerv’s avatar

hi guys!!! try da GK GEN-A and B on my website!!!

keep visiting it for more updates.
    ty!!!

20. pilipinas’s avatar

afrothunder-can u post an tutorial video on how to activate your newslide for go? thnx and more power.

21. pilipinas’s avatar

excuse me, can i upgrade an cfw 5.50 to 6.20 tn hen? on psp phat

1. toBsucht’s avatar

do not update a cfw update the ofw or maybe brick.
      To actice plugin view TOceans tutorial in the forum this slide plugin is for go user not for fat. Your post is off topic “hbl” bb

22. Roberto1’s avatar

why are my comments moderated and why is my picture diffrent again?

1. toBsucht’s avatar

Rob if you write/reply to often you get moderated.
      Your pic change if u use other email adress or computer.

@RhodzZ make a ofw6.35 update then run signed hen

1. Roberto1’s avatar

nope same email and computer my gateway laptop I think its cuz I didnt go on and post for a while

2. toBsucht’s avatar

Sorry idk.
        I saw your entry(topic´s). I cann´t write you a pm :´( . Maybe tipi viewer contain a skript to load swf. files. There are also some other prs hb that can load swf file. Don´t stop :)
        Oo rob 2 times with same pic and name ;) cu

^^ my pic never change.. other ip/pc´s .. “new”-pic @ forum

1. Roberto1’s avatar

allright ill chech thanks

1. Roberto1’s avatar

nope that runs as a portal your browser natturaly takes flash well thanks anyway

23. RhodzZ’s avatar

how to upgrade CFW 5.50 prome-4 to CFW 6.35 HEN….

24. kolby’s avatar

Hey WOLOLO HOW DO YOU CLEAR RAM, I KNOW YOU DO IT IN HBL, BUT I WANT TO PUT IT IN MY PROGRAM!!!!!! PLEASE HELP.

25. killer0bang’s avatar

I HAVE A ISO LODER AND IT WORKS I FOUND A KENEL EXPLOITE BUT I DONT NO HOW TO UP LODE FILES SO OUTHER PEOPLE CAN DOWNLOAD IT

1. Roberto1’s avatar

mediafire/megaupload and other sites and if your lieing I hope your banned

1. the dude’s avatar

why doe smy psp turn of when i try to run HBL it worked yesterday and not today and i already have delted it and put it back on the psp

26. the dude’s avatar

my psp turns of when i try to run HBL

1. toBsucht’s avatar

the best should be if you delete all files on your ms maybe format it. Then use a fresh downloaded hbl. Most likely a hbl files is corrupt or placed wrong.
      BB dude. Do you use a plugin-floder?! :p)

27. pilipinas’s avatar

excuse me, but is there an step by step tutorial or much better if video tutorial on how to sign games? the illegal games and homebrews thnx :) sorry :)

1. toBsucht’s avatar

i do´t know a video tut but it is really easy if u use EasyPBPRX_1.0.0.3 (english) to sign homebrews only drag&drop the eboot into the programm windows and click “convert” i also got a russian ver. q my medaifire account.
      ++ mediafire.com/toBsucht ++
      Or got to my topic in the forum.. u know :p (homebrew/section).
      To convert iso/cso backups of your umd´s use fake_np ver.9 or iso2eboot.
      To use iso2eboot isn´t heavy^as simple as easypbpprx :D^ but not all (only a few game work). No you-tube video? Damn that´s really easy.. bye

1. Pilipinas’s avatar

toBsucht – thnx :)

28. AzagraMac’s avatar

Confirmed, works HBL rev113 signed Official Firmware 6.38 PSP

Bye

29. DutchGuy’s avatar

Hey there.

Can is use this on my PSP 3000? It’s not modded or hacked or something.
    Could someone post here a link to a tutorial on how to play GBA and N64 trough this?
    Or is that not possible.

Greetings

1. toBsucht’s avatar

Hi DutchGuy, yeah you can run a lot of emulators with your psp and hbl to startup it is easy if you try to run a signed hb. Check your psp ofw(orginal firmware) with pspident0.73. Do not update your ofw.

30. killer0man1’s avatar

i have loads off sined psp games about 40 so if u want any go on my utube channel and inbox me ok i aint lieing btw

31. toBsucht’s avatar

@ killer0man1 http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879 ~166 signed homebrews with links. Do you have some new stuff please reply. Note: I need a name, version or best, a download link to the orginal or signed homebrew. Then i can pick it up if you want to share. Thanks!

32. pilipinas’s avatar

tn E just got released! damn it

33. pilipinas’s avatar

on tn hen e, there is no reset vsh and reset device??

34. killer0man1’s avatar

no im talking about psp isos sined so they work on ofw

1. toBsucht’s avatar

idk if you know you´re pleased to don´t link ilegal here. Stop it.
      If you don´t wanna hurt somebody.

35. asad aslam’s avatar

account 08360027408101

36. bornox’s avatar

porfabor sacar la version 6.38 para la psp

37. bornox’s avatar

Please GET the 6:38 version for the psp

38. bornox’s avatar

Please GET the 6.38 version for the psp

39. asad aslam’s avatar

checking account balance hbl 08360027408101

40. Burito’s avatar

So… will there be an update for those of us who bought a psp with firmware 6.38 soon?

41. toBsucht’s avatar

Burito hbl is reported as working with ofw 6.38

42. pilipinas’s avatar

i downloaded installed the lock pspfolder, and it work but the problem is i cant unlock my music, it cost so much memory on my go, i cant delete it and rename it, what can i do?

1. toBsucht’s avatar

delete the password(file) go to the forum-topic to see how!

1. psp champion’s avatar

im tired of homebrews there not working on my psp 3000 ver6.38 please say something. and i download homebrews directly from psp if anyone knows anything help.

43. toBsucht’s avatar

psp champion go to the link i posted 17.4.
    Place a HomeBrew (signed) = HB @MemoryStick = ms0:/
    / = new floder <<< it has to look like this ms0:/PSP/GAME/xxHBxx/eboot.pbp

also i start a new hbl list (rip<TOcean´s<GO) for more HB´s for your ofw.
    @the forum in the halfbyteloader section

44. psp champion’s avatar

how can i fix the uncategorized in aloader? how can i fix the default path? thnx

1. toBsucht’s avatar

you wrote you use ofw 6.38 so the aloader doesn´t work for. Maybe try signed homebrew sorter. ^^This has nothing to do with hbl champion :P

45. psp champion’s avatar

just pls tell me how to do it, thnx mr.toBsucht

1. toBsucht’s avatar

Sorry Sir! I cann´t help you with this tool i didn´t use it since it is a HomeBrew. ^^and now it is a part of pro hen. Also i did not exactly know what you want. To categorzie hbl HB´s use homebrew-sorter or aother tool is iso-tool ~1977 or up. ^^better ask at a hen topic or best @ the source :)

46. psp loser’s avatar

@toBsucht can you discuss me, which is better tn hen e or 6.20 pro b5? tell me the positive side and negative side of each software..

· 1 · · 64 · 65 · 66 · 67 · 68 ·