If you came here about the Genesis Emulator running on the PS Vita, you're on the wrong page. What you're looking for is this article
, blame engadget for the wrong link :)
PSP Genesis competition 2011, presented by npt
PSP Homebrew contest with 4750$ worth of prizes to win!
The Genesis competition 2011 is over, and Winners are being progressively announced as our sponsors
finalize their votes. Follow the results here!
PSP Genesis competition rules
This is a homebrew programming competition for the PSP.
- Your entry must be a PSP Homebrew. It can be a game, an application,
a plugin, ... anything's fine as long as it is a PSP binary.
LUA or other scripting languages are fine as long as your EBOOT runs "standalone". Wallpapers, Themes, Flash games, portals, PC utilities
(even if they are in direct relation to the PSP) are out of this competition.*
You can submit your homebrew until may 29th, 2011 (included). You are allowed to submit
your homebrew whenever you want, and update it until the deadline.
To submit your homebrew, post a new topic in this forum. Your topic should include the name of the homebrew, the
name of the author(s), and a link to download the homebrew. One of the mods on the forum will let you know if your entry is accepted
- Anyone is allowed to submit as many entries as they want. You can
work in teams, but we will need a single contact person for the
- The homebrew must be made by you. Updates of somebody else's homebrew will be accepted ONLY
if you prove that you got authorization from the original creator(s) to enter this contest.
Please do not simply take someone's source and add your name to it. We will find out and it's just not cool. Keep it clean.
- The homebrew must be entirely new, or a significant update (or mod) of
your existing homebrew. We might refuse "updates" or "mods" if we
think they do not bring much new features to your homebrew.
- You are allowed to submit your homebrew to other sites/competitions as long as you submitted it to the PSP Genesis competition first.
If you posted your homebrew on another website before submitting it
to this competition, the entry won't be accepted
Your homebrew must display one of the competition splash screens
provided below. If your homebrew can not technically use a splash screen (such as some plugins), you will be asked to provide the splash screen in the homebrew archive, and add the following
in your README.txt file:
- This Homebrew is an entry for the PSP Genesis competition 2011, sponsored by npt, psp-hacks.com, pspgen.com, pspslimhacks.com, exophase.com, pspcustomfirmware.com, daxhordes.org, gamegaz.jp, xtreamlua.com and wololo.net
- Do not submit illegal content! In particular, it is your responsibility to make sure that you have the necessary authorization to distribute the graphics, musics, etc... included in your homebrew. We don't have the manpower to do this verification ourselves.
- This is our first time organizing such a large scale event, we don't expect these rules to be perfect, but we will do our best to answer your questions
Judges and prizes
The cumulative value of all prizes in this competition is 4750$**. This
makes it the biggest competition in the history of the PSP
- This homebrew contest is in free form, there is no specific theme or
category for the judgement.
the Official judges for the competition are Wololo, Davee, Hellcat, and Lampworker, who have all been involved in the PSP scene for several years.
These judges will determine the best entries together, and award the following prizes to the winners:
1st Prize: 1900$ (1000$ from npt + 500$ from psp-hacks.com + 100$ from pspslimhacks.com + 100$ from exophase.com + 100$ from pspcustomfirmware.com + 100$ from gamegaz.jp, see details below) + a psp-hacks t-shirt
2nd Prize: 750$ (450$ from npt + 300$ from psp-hacks.com, see details below) + a psp-hacks t-shirt
3rd Prize: 400$ (200$ from npt + 200$ from psp-hacks.com, see details below) + a psp-hacks t-shirt
In parallel to the official judgement, we will organize an "audience
vote". We will open a poll on /talk, and any member of the forum /talk
can vote for the "audience's choice". The winner of the audience's
choice will receive 100$
On top of the awesome prizes awarded by npt, many sponsors are contributing to this
competition, and kindly offer additional prizes:
psp-hacks.com add 500$ to the first prize winner (this value is already taken into account in the 1st prize above),
300$ to the second prize winner (this value is already taken into account in the 2nd prize above), and 200$ to the third prize winner (this value is already taken into account in the 3rd prize above)
psp-hacks.com add a psp-hack t-shirt for the 3 winners (price already included above)
psp-hacks.com: a PSPgo to the winner of the single, best homebrew as voted by the PSP-Hacks forum members. Additionally, psp-hacks member Jish adds 50$ to this prize. Register there and vote for your favorite homebrew!
pspgen.com offer respectively 500$, 300$, and 200$ to the 1st,2nd,and 3rd best homebrews, as voted by the members of their website (details will be announced on pspgen.com)
pspslimhacks.com add 100$ to the first prize winner (this value is already taken into account in the 1st prize above).
pspslimhacks reserve the right to change this and offer the 100$ to another homebrew if they see fit
DaXHordes.org, a spanish scener comunity, offers 100$ for the best homebrew, as voted by the members of their forums at http://daxhordes.org/forum. Register there and vote for your favorite entry!
exophase.com add 100$ to the first prize winner (this value is already taken into account in the 1st prize above).
pspcustomfirmware.com add 100$ to the first prize winner (this value is already taken into account in the 1st prize above).
gamegaz.jp add 100$ to the first prize winner (this value is already taken into account in the 1st prize above).
xtreamlua.com offers 100$ for the best homebrew, as voted by the members of their forums
wololo.net: 100$ (paypal or amazon gift card) to Wololo's favorite
open source entry. HBL compatible is definitely a plus! Yay user mode!
Would you like to become a sponsor for this contest? It's still time! Check out our Sponsors page!
- For cash prizes, unless specified otherwise (depending on the sponsor), you will be required to have a paypal account.
If you don't have a paypal account, we might be able to suggest alternate solutions on a case per case basis (such as Amazon gift cards in some countries).
- Each sponsor is responsible for keeping their promises and send the prizes. Especially, Sponsors involved in this competition cannot be held responsible for other sponsor's behavior.
- The prizes displayed on this page are announced in good faith, and as we type this page we believe the values are accurate. However if we find an error, we will correct the page and let everyone know immediately
Splash screens to use in your homebrewImportant Note! As we get new sponsors, the splash screen will be subject to changes. The one below is just a temporary one. Please
code accordingly, we will ask you to update your homebrew and put the latest splash screen once it's finalized!
Your homebrew must display one of the following images when people run it on their PSP ("splash screen").
See the rules above if your homebrew cannot technically display a splash screen.