Wagic PSP release August 2019

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
Vitty85

Re: Wagic PSP release August 2019

Post by Vitty85 »

cha0z_ wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:15 am
Vitty85 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:49 am
cha0z_ wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:24 am
Tested and it's better. If I draw a land card, it's previewed and after I click somewhere it shows "move" option - I press it and the card is put into my hand as expected. If the card is no land, it's not previewed however and I directly see "move/cancel" and the card is previewed after I pick one of those and then always goes to the graveyard. So basically I can't choose to put it in my hand.

Also something I tested more: Borrowed Hostility (red instant), even with one mana spend it acts like 4 mana spend (two effects). So basically I spend one mana and can gain first strike/+3 or +3/+3 on two creatures/single creatures, i.e. give me choice where to put the second one.
if you press Cancel, card goes back to library, you don't have to put always in graveyard. Also even the counter 1/1 is working now.

I guess explores ability is working fine now.

Remember, with explores if card is not a land you cannot put into your hand, you can just decide to put back into library or put into Graveyard!!

See you soon.

P. S.
I will take a look for Borrowed Hostility.
For me pressing cancel send the card into the graveyard (or in other words, no matter what I press the card is going straight into the graveyard) and also it's not previewed so I can't tell if I want it into the graveyard or my hand. Will retest, but I tried all variants, including pressing cancel.
I just tried again and for me, when pressing cancel it says put back to library and then the card it's not going on graveyard, btw i tried a fix for Borrowed Hostility, so you can try both again and let me know:

https://mega.nz/#!ve4V0RjB!fcRKsMME_opn ... zb5pcd90iU

See you soon.
cha0z_

Post by cha0z_ »

Vitty85 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 am
Vitty85 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:49 am

if you press Cancel, card goes back to library, you don't have to put always in graveyard. Also even the counter 1/1 is working now.

I guess explores ability is working fine now.

Remember, with explores if card is not a land you cannot put into your hand, you can just decide to put back into library or put into Graveyard!!

See you soon.

P. S.
I will take a look for Borrowed Hostility.
For me pressing cancel send the card into the graveyard (or in other words, no matter what I press the card is going straight into the graveyard) and also it's not previewed so I can't tell if I want it into the graveyard or my hand. Will retest, but I tried all variants, including pressing cancel.
I just tried again and for me, when pressing cancel it says put back to library and then the card it's not going on graveyard, btw i tried a fix for Borrowed Hostility, so you can try both again and let me know:

See you soon.
Hi there! Tested and borrowed hostility still gives bonus +3 perk after the first choice for one mana spend on the card.

Indeed it goes to library if I press cancel! The only question that remains is if it is possible to preview the card before you choose move/cancel so you can benefit from the choice? Right now the card is shown after the choice is made. Not a biggie if it's hard to implement - now it works better than before you start working on it.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

cha0z_ wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:30 pm

See you soon.
Hi there! Tested and borrowed hostility still gives bonus +3 perk after the first choice for one mana spend on the card.

Indeed it goes to library if I press cancel! The only question that remains is if it is possible to preview the card before you choose move/cancel so you can benefit from the choice? Right now the card is shown after the choice is made. Not a biggie if it's hard to implement - now it works better than before you start working on it.
Hi,

For Explores i guess i did my best, i don't think there is a way to improve it just using the primitive codes... I will take a look one time more but i cannot promise anything about it.

For Borrowed Hostility i'm afraid the Excalation ability is not correctly supported in the game ATM, infact a lot of cards with Excalation text are in usupported.txt file, while just 3 cards are in the borderline.txt file, so i guess there not a lot of chances to make them work properly so soon.

I will post later something if i can try a new fix, see you soon.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

See you soon.

Hi,

I guess i solved even the Escalate for borrowed hostility with this code:

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Borrowed Hostility
target=creature
other={3}{R} name(Escalate)
auto=if paid(alternative) then 3/0 ueot
auto=if paid(alternative) then target(creature) first strike ueot
auto=ifnot paid(alternative) then choice name(Target creature gets +3/+0) 3/0 ueot
auto=ifnot paid(alternative) then choice name(Target creature gets first strike) first strike ueot
text=Escalate {3} (Pay this cost for each mode chosen beyond the first.) -- Choose one or both — -- • Target creature gets +3/+0 until end of turn. -- • Target creature gains first strike until end of turn.
mana={R}
type=Instant
[/card]
Basically if you pay just {R} you can choose only one option for one target creature. Instead, if you pay the Escalation cost (so {3}+{R}) you are able to choose firstly a creature to give +3/+0 and then you can choose the same creature (or even another one) to give also first strike.

Let me know if it's all ok, you can find the new core file here: https://mega.nz/#!ve4V0RjB!fcRKsMME_opn ... zb5pcd90iU

See you soon.
cha0z_

Post by cha0z_ »

Vitty85 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:34 pm

See you soon.

Hi,

[card]
name=Borrowed Hostility
target=creature
auto=ifnot paid(alternative) then choice name(Target creature gets +3/+0) 3/0 ueot
auto=ifnot paid(alternative) then choice name(Target creature gets first strike) first strike ueot
text=Escalate {3} (Pay this cost for each mode chosen beyond the first.) -- Choose one or both — -- • Target creature gets +3/+0 until end of turn. -- • Target creature gains first strike until end of turn.
mana={R}
type=Instant
[/card]
Basically if you pay just {R} you can choose only one option for one target creature. Instead, if you pay the Escalation cost (so {3}+{R}) you are able to choose firstly a creature to give +3/+0 and then you can choose the same creature (or even another one) to give also first strike.

Let me know if it's all ok, you can find the new core file here: https://mega.nz/#!ve4V0RjB!fcRKsMME_opn ... zb5pcd90iU

See you soon.
Tested and the results:
Spending one mana: now it doesn't offer second effect, so it's either +3 or first strike. First strike is not working tho, tested and double tested.
Spending 4 mana: asks if I want to escalate the card and when I say I want that, I can +3 and then select first strike for another creature.

Overall it's better than before as the card was OP as heck! Only if it's easy would be great if first strike is fixed to work.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

I’m really surprised first strike effect is not working, it’s just same as the other cards....

I will try to check again, thanks for testing.

See you soon.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

cha0z_ wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:13 pm

Hi,

[card]
name=Borrowed Hostility
target=creature
mana={R}
type=Instant
[/card]

See you soon.
Tested and the results:
Spending one mana: now it doesn't offer second effect, so it's either +3 or first strike. First strike is not working tho, tested and double tested.
Spending 4 mana: asks if I want to escalate the card and when I say I want that, I can +3 and then select first strike for another creature.

Overall it's better than before as the card was OP as heck! Only if it's easy would be great if first strike is fixed to work.
Ok, i did one modification and solved (i tested even single choice and even Escalation), now first strike is working fine. Just one trick, after you pay 1 red and choose one creature, to give first strike you have to choose the target again, this is one side effect of the double choice, a bit stupid thing but at least now it's working.

[card]
name=Borrowed Hostility
target=creature
auto=if paid(alternative) then first strike target(creature) ueot
auto=ifnot paid(alternative) then choice name(Target creature gets first strike) first strike target(creature) ueot
mana={R}
type=Instant
[/card]
I even solved the problem of Brazen Buccaneers, now you can see the card before to decide what to do ;)

[card]
name=Brazen Buccaneers
abilities=haste
auto=reveal:1 optionone if type(land|reveal)~lessthan~1 then transforms((,newability[counter(1/1)])) optiononeend optiontwo if type(land|reveal)~morethan~0 then name(move to Hand) target(<1>*|reveal) moveto(myHand) else transforms((,newability[Choice name(back to library) target(<1>*|reveal) moveto(mylibrary)],newability[Choice name(put into Graveyard) target(<1>*|reveal) moveto(myGraveyard)])) optiontwoend revealend limit:1
text=Haste -- When Brazen Buccaneers enters the battlefield, it explores. (Reveal the top card of your library. Put that card into your hand if it's a land. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature, then put the card back or put it into your graveyard.)
mana={3}{R}
type=Creature
subtype=Human Pirate
power=2
toughness=2
[/card]
Let me know if it's working for you too: https://mega.nz/#!OLwmTACL!aWRWXmibENcd ... -cYUx-5ADM

See you soon.
cha0z_

Post by cha0z_ »

Vitty85 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:45 pm
cha0z_ wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:13 pm

Hi,

[card]
name=Borrowed Hostility
target=creature
mana={R}
type=Instant
[/card]

See you soon.
Tested and the results:

Ok, i did one modification and solved (i tested even single choice and even Escalation), now first strike is working fine. Just one trick, after you pay 1 red and choose one creature, to give first strike you have to choose the target again, this is one side effect of the double choice, a bit stupid thing but at least now it's working.

[card]
name=Borrowed Hostility
target=creature
auto=if paid(alternative) then first strike target(creature) ueot
auto=ifnot paid(alternative) then choice name(Target creature gets first strike) first strike target(creature) ueot
mana={R}
type=Instant
[/card]
I even solved the problem of Brazen Buccaneers, now you can see the card before to decide what to do ;)

[card]
name=Brazen Buccaneers
abilities=haste
auto=reveal:1 optionone if type(land|reveal)~lessthan~1 then transforms((,newability[counter(1/1)])) optiononeend optiontwo if type(land|reveal)~morethan~0 then name(move to Hand) target(<1>*|reveal) moveto(myHand) else transforms((,newability[Choice name(back to library) target(<1>*|reveal) moveto(mylibrary)],newability[Choice name(put into Graveyard) target(<1>*|reveal) moveto(myGraveyard)])) optiontwoend revealend limit:1
text=Haste -- When Brazen Buccaneers enters the battlefield, it explores. (Reveal the top card of your library. Put that card into your hand if it's a land. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature, then put the card back or put it into your graveyard.)
mana={3}{R}
type=Creature
subtype=Human Pirate
power=2
toughness=2
[/card]
Let me know if it's working for you too: https://mega.nz/#!OLwmTACL!aWRWXmibENcd ... -cYUx-5ADM

See you soon.
Good jooob! All works great now for both cards! : ))) cheers!
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Perfect, i will update the official version too as soon as possible.

Thanks for your testing, see you soon.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Great jobs, guys! :ugeek:

See you soon.
Any reason you can't code escalate cards with kicker?
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)