Shop - Suggestions & Ideas

All about the shop and the way of improving it
Psyringe

Re: Shop - Suggestions & Ideas

Post by Psyringe »

Infyra wrote:Since its only possible to buy boosters of bigger sets, would it be an option to somehow include complete blocks in them?
That's am interesting idea imho, and a good solution to the problem. I don't think it'd be easy to implement though, since the game currently has no concept of blocks at all. The game doesn't know that INV, PLS and APC are connected, it treats each set as a single and totally separate entity. So your suggestion would require a framework that currently isn't there (although it probably will be implemented at some time). Another thing to consider is that we'd be programming a feature that wouldn't be part of the "ideal" game (since the ideal game would have >80 cards in every set), so programming such a workaround (as good as it is!) doesn't bring us closer to the "ideal" product. We'd be programming a feature that we'd then make obsolete by further development (i.e. continually adding cards to each set). Usually the devs have decided to spend their time on features that won't automatically obsolete themselves.

Btw, if someone wants to add it, a slightly easier way to do it might be to specify one "fallback" set for each set, from which cards are chosen if the set itself has less than 80 cards. If every set falls back to its respective base set (i.e. PLS->INV and APC->INV), then we already have >80 cards for every set. We'd also have to decide what to do when the fallback set hasn't been unlocked yet (but we could fall back to the start set - currently 10E - in this case).

All in all, as I said, an interesting idea, but it might be just a bit too much trouble for a feature that would eventually get obsoleted.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

how about people just do it themselves by merging the 3 _cards.dat into one ? Sounds easier to me and less disruptive to the game right now. Sure, it's not automated...
furiousone

Post by furiousone »

I have two suggestions for the shop:

1) A lot of times I find some really cool card I want to buy, but I just have like 50-100 credits too little to buy it, so I'm suggesting to keep the shops content after you exit it. That way you can go play a few games, earn enough credit come back to the shop and buy that card.
2) Allow shop to be limited by the color and set. It would still keep it quite random, but at least if you are building a single color deck or a deck with the specific set in mind, it would make it a little bit easier.

Thanks for the hard work guys!
Yeshua

Post by Yeshua »

I personally love the current shop image.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

you have to thank jhotun for it, check his portfolio: http://jhotun.com/
I'm still impressed by the talent of the people who contribute to this little project :oops:
Yeshua

Post by Yeshua »

Is he still working on this project?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

yes, he's currently working on a new version of the main menu
Yeshua

Post by Yeshua »

Which means we will have to re-do themes...
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

No, we'll try to keep some compatibility.
furiousone

Post by furiousone »

This is kind of off-topic, but I just wanted to share my excitement with you guys. I was just browsing the shop with some 1250 or so credits thinking of buying myself a booster and a couple of cards when I came across a Midnight Banshee! I bought a couple of these immediately :) Yay! Now I can make my black deck a lot better. Now, if I ever come across Crumbling Ashes it would be super cool :) However, looks like its not currently implemented, but its on a todo list. I guess I'll just wait or maybe figure out if it's possible to code it myself.