Can some people try the windows version ?

Everything that does not fall in the other categories
sfk

Re: Can some people try the windows version ?

Post by sfk »

Im having the same problem. I have the latest version, 0.8.1 and windows vista. I installed the Visual++ package but it still crashes with the same error message, "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail." for me as well.

Both of your links to the Visual++ packages point to the same thing. Are they supposed to be to two different things?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

sfk wrote: Both of your links to the Visual++ packages point to the same thing. Are they supposed to be to two different things?
Yes, definitely. One is the Redistribuable Package for Visual studio 2005, the other one is just a security pack for the first one.
Anderxale

Post by Anderxale »

LOVE LOVE LOVE the psp version! MAN THIS ROCKS!
I moved to South America and sold my cards to a friend! This is a GREAT substitute!

I have an issue with the Windows version however...
I have Windows 7 64 bit fully updated
I have installed the Visual++ package recommended on the windows installer

My issue is this. I double click the .exe and nothing happens! hehehe...
What do you think is wrong?
I tried the mouse and the non-mouse version WTH0.14.1 for Windows

Thanks for any help!

EDIT> I was having some issues non Wagic related... when I restarted it worked fine! Sorry if you spent any time on this.
ewokxz

Post by ewokxz »

Hi,

Im a new user for the WAGIC on the PC. I used to have it in my PSP and had a blast with it... logged in more time with the game than any other PSP releases that found its way in my unit. That was a full half a year ago before i sold my PSP. Now I just installed the latest version on my new PC running XP (had one in my old PC), but I get this message popping out.

I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) and later the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) but still the same result.

I tried installing it then to my Laptop running Win7 but still the same result.

CAN SOMEBODY from the community help?
Please....
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

ewokkz, repost this in technical section in a new thread, this thread is dated Oct 12, 2009...which means no one that can help will look at it.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ewokxz wrote: I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) and later the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) but still the same result.
Based on what I can read from another project where people are encountering the same issues ( http://code.google.com/p/nulldc/issues/detail?id=63 ) , it seems you have incompatible versions of the DLLs. Most likely your computer is using either the old 2005 redistribuable (try to uninstall that if possible), or you have an incorrect version of the 2010 redistribualbe (64 bits instead of 32 bits, or vice versa)

Try to install the 2010 redistribuables again to see if this helps.

chosen comments from the nulldc bug tracker:
make sure you download the 32 bit version even if you have a 64 bit computer. i made this mistake, and installing the 32 bit fixed that problem.

You must have VC++ 2010 runtime installed. Then, if you have msvcp100.dll or msvcr100.dll in your (wagic) directory, you must remove those files to avoid the procedure entry point error.
Hope this helps