How do I regenerate Clay Statues?

Everything related to wagic does not fall in other forum. If you don't know where to post, post here. Your topic will be moved to the correct section.
gibbousmoon

How do I regenerate Clay Statues?

Post by gibbousmoon »

They get killed and I can't regenerate them. What am I doing wrong?
wololo
Site Admin

Re: How do I regenerate Clay Statues?

Post by wololo »

It could be two things:
either the card has a bug, or you misunderstand the regenerate rule (something that is extremely frequent for beginners in MTG). you must regenerate *before* the creature gets its damages. For example, you can regenerate the statue before sending it to combat. but once its blocked and getting damages, it's too late.
finndo77

Post by finndo77 »

hey wololo,
that is pretty f'ing stupid, how do you regenerate before you've taken damage?
also, why blow regen mana if (example) you are attacking and the blocker is smaller, but then gets pumped up?
What if you only have 1 mana left and want to "giant growth" (in quotes to encompass all cards of the same type of effect) if I don't need to regen? but I won't know until after my opponent assigns blockers and what they assign and if they cast and buff spells or use any creature abilities.

That needs to be changed to allow for regen during damage phase.

sorry if I *** you off with my bit o attitude there at the beginning, but you have to admit it is pretty stupid to regen before combat even starts...
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I do not make the MTG rules. As far as I know, Wagic follows the rules correctly. If you want to regen inside the combat phase, I believe it is doable as long as you do an interrupt. You just have to regen before combat damages are assigned.
yuyu63

Post by yuyu63 »

actually there is a point wear if you pause the game after the blockers are declared that you can activate the effects of creatures and other permanents.