Bugs SVN

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Bugs SVN

Post by wololo »

yes, it sounds big and you are not the first one to report this. We are investigating
Foreroes

Post by Foreroes »

Ok, thank you :) .
I didn't notice this one was reported.
I'll keep helping you with bug reporting
Foreroes

Post by Foreroes »

Rev 4273 on windows xp.

Classic games seems not to crash any more with last fix. However, momir and hermit modes keep crashing. Crashes are produced immediately when starting the game not at the end of the game. And crashes seems to happen always (not in a random way).

Another bug: high tide keeps working badly. As it was reported before, islands keep adding an extra mana every turn. Besides, when a new island is put on play in the same turn and after high tide was casted, this new island doesn't get the bonus (and it should). Finally if you cast two high tides, their effects are added so islands add 4 mana (I'm not sure if last issue it's a bug or if it's correct according to rules).

I hope it helps.
ph34rbot

Post by ph34rbot »

About those double faced cards from ISD/DKA:

The transfomed side retains the abilities from the previous form.

ie. Unhallowed cathar retains the vigilance from the loyal cathar, but the only ability the Unhallowed cathar should have is that it can't block
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

Foreroes wrote:Rev 4273 on windows xp.

Classic games seems not to crash any more with last fix. However, momir and hermit modes keep crashing. Crashes are produced immediately when starting the game not at the end of the game. And crashes seems to happen always (not in a random way).

Another bug: high tide keeps working badly. As it was reported before, islands keep adding an extra mana every turn. Besides, when a new island is put on play in the same turn and after high tide was casted, this new island doesn't get the bonus (and it should). Finally if you cast two high tides, their effects are added so islands add 4 mana (I'm not sure if last issue it's a bug or if it's correct according to rules).

I hope it helps.
This should have been addressed. Do you still experience the crashes in the latest build?
goojamin

Post by goojamin »

Playing the latest ios beta (2/21) I no longer get crashes with Momir (I haven't tried any of the other modes yet). The background music is still missing in Momir (but plays normally is classic).
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

goojamin wrote:Playing the latest ios beta (2/21) I no longer get crashes with Momir (I haven't tried any of the other modes yet). The background music is still missing in Momir (but plays normally is classic).
I will have another build out this week with the music fixed. What else are you finding missing?
goojamin

Post by goojamin »

Thanks, I never realized how much I liked the background music until it was gone :)

I haven't noticed anything else missing so far. One odd issue I had was with images is they appear to be case sensitive on iOS but were not on the psp. I copied over my images and one set for some reason was named rAV instead of RAV. worked fine on the psp but not ios. Only way I could fix it was to delete and re-install but I think I saw a recent commit that might make adding changed files a little easier.

One other game issue I noticed I posted in this thread, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3479

If I come across anything else I will post here.
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

goojamin wrote:Thanks, I never realized how much I liked the background music until it was gone :)

I haven't noticed anything else missing so far. One odd issue I had was with images is they appear to be case sensitive on iOS but were not on the psp. I copied over my images and one set for some reason was named rAV instead of RAV. worked fine on the psp but not ios. Only way I could fix it was to delete and re-install but I think I saw a recent commit that might make adding changed files a little easier.

One other game issue I noticed I posted in this thread, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3479

If I come across anything else I will post here.
It's best to keep the sets in uppercase. There are platforms (Android, iOS) where case is important. having mixed case names will mess things up. For image filenames themselves, I'd recommend keeping them named by their id numbers. I don't remember if we handle image filenames that aren't numeric, but on the safe side I'd use the numeric ids.

The recent commit you may be referring to is the one I did with updating zip files on iOS. I forgot to allow files to be overwritten if you supply an updated file with the same name. For instance, if you drop a zip file called "image_sets.zip" and have a new updated zip file called "image_sets.zip" you couldn't up until now, just drop it in the Documents folder and have the app recognize it. This latest change will delete the old file and then copy the new file over. Of course you could always just name the update file something like 'image_sets_20120222.zip" so that it takes precendent over the older one. That way your newer zip file only needs to contain the changes between the older version and the newer one. Because the app will read things in alphabetical order, you will need to make sure the new file is named something that will appear lower on the directory listing than the original.

Here's a link to a topic wololo posted about the new file architecture as of 0.170
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3394&p=25737#p24892

As far as the other issue with gameplay goes, I think this is most likely across all platforms and is not iOS specific. I don't remember doing anything regarding how triggered abilities affect gameplay in my changes for the iOS port. Please file a ticket for this and somebody will attend to it. Please make sure the steps to reproduce are as accurate as possible.

Hope this helps!

--Mike
Foreroes

Post by Foreroes »

mnguyen wrote:
Foreroes wrote:Rev 4273 on windows xp.

I hope it helps.
This should have been addressed. Do you still experience the crashes in the latest build?

Well I haven't played wagic in last weeks. However, I've checked last rev on windows PC and crashes keeps happening but only when using card images. Are there specific requisites regarding images? I.D of cards seems to be correct and Res folder is completely clean since I'm using my user folder.
I don't see any problem with images so perhaps it's a tricky bug and it has kept me away from magic for months and although I've posted it tons of times nobody has been able to help me, if it persists my last option is download again all images and check it.
In any case here is some information:
-Images extension is .jpg. I've open some images with Microsoft picture manager and it says:
-For thumbanails: horizontal resolution 72 ppp, vertical resolution 72 ppp, 24 bits.
-For full cards: horizontal resolution 96 ppp, vertical resolution 96 ppp, 24 bits.

Please, although I've already posted this problem it's not my intention to push anybody but perhaps some new Wagic programmer can help or a new player has a similar or the same problem.
Anyway I'll keep investigating.