Just a follow-up if you're still having this issue, as I had run across it myself once I switched to SVN builds.
Like yourself, after I had updated from the official 16.0 PSP release to the latest SVN release, I noticed that some images were no longer displaying though they had been working fine before.
As Zethfox stated, the problem was with the images. More specifically, it was with the archive that the images were stored in.
The solution is to re-zip the non-working/problem archives so that they use zero compression. I went through every card set's .zip file that I had, and true enough, all the non-working ones were using some method of compression and not zero-compression (I use winrar, and the option to do this is called "store")
After unzipping and compressing them all again, everything works fine now.