Temple of Wololo

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
Vikta

Temple of Wololo

Post by Vikta »

Ladies, Gentlemen and Plainswalker alike.

I present to you the temple of Wololo (V1), not much of a campaign but rather a place where you can donate your hard earned credits to the great Temple of Wololo, who knows, you may receive a blessing.

Note: Neither I or the Temple of Wololo is responsible for any debts you may accrue from excessively donating.

Simply Unzip into your 'Campaigns' Folder and enjoy.

No combat involved. Just three clicks.

-Background Info.-

I made the temple as a way to unlock extra sets, simple as. I don't enjoy grinding games to unlock those last few sets, nor do I enjoy cheating or going through the training room to do so. This took effort to make, and the potential of debts for new players/profiles (or careless ones) is a nice bonus. No plans to upgrade as of now.

Enjoy!
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Vikta on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zethfox

Re: Temple of Wololo

Post by Zethfox »

hahaha i like it, nice use of the story system, you created like a shop kinda :) good thinking...tho i do recommend maybe increasing the donation amounts...i added ingame bonus systems now that add extra credits to help smooth out the credit curve a bit....so it is fairly easy to earn 1k credits pretty quickly...

about about

instead?
just a suggestion, i really do like this tho...
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Haha, excellent and very original :)
I actually didn't realize you could award negative credits in the story mode...

It is probably possible to exploit this when you don't have any more credits... but it's a great "story" ;)
Vikta

Post by Vikta »

@Zeth
I'm considering modifying the costs into;
1 -> 0 - For a cheap exit
10 -> 50 - for the card
100 -> 500 - for a little wololo.mp3 'easter egg' chant
1000 -> 5000 - for a new set

The card price can go down since you're not likely to get anything of value from it (you can probably sell for profit but it would be boring) and the sets cost would probably be more balanced this way.

@Wo
Thanks, if I refine it feel free to slip it in 0.17 ;)

You can also use type="price" instead of type="credits" for the same effect. And, YES, it is possible to exploit this when you have no credits; but, you will still be charged and when you visit the shop you will have negative credits and be unable to buy anything, hence the debt warning. So whilst you can still unlock the rewards you'll have to work your way out of debt before you can actually buy anything. It sort of balances its self out.

I'll probably do a new version soon since there's bits I want to tweak. Stay tuned.

Update
Tidied up code
New donation scheme using above prices/blessings (no easter egg .mp3)
Alternate backgrounds tried (reverted to original since it looks best)
Release, TBA.

Dialog/suggestions/modifications welcome...
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

just a tip...
if you add music,pictures...make sure they're "free use" or created by you....otherwise we can't ship it with releases....
AzNFrEnZy

Post by AzNFrEnZy »

checking it out now :)
Vikta

Post by Vikta »

New Version Out

Prices Balanced
Dialog tweaked
Code Cleaned
File size down
Background changed*

DOWNLOAD NOW!

*New background should be 100% Wagic shipping compatible since it's already included with wagic (minus the flipping), feel free to double-check though.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

awesome!
Vikta

Post by Vikta »

Considering a V3...

Does anyone know how to display your current credits and does anyone have XML to stop you going overdrawn?
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

i don't know the first thing about xml personally :P sorry i can't be of much help.