Kaio's Wagic Artwork thread

Graphics and Themes you created go here.
Please read the Image Theme Guide, FAQ, & Index before posting in this forum.
Dr.Solomat

Re: Kaio's Wagic Artwork thread

Post by Dr.Solomat »

Wow,

even on this level, this looks great! But yes, improve it if you can, want to see what you are able to! ;)
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

:D Haha Doc, congrats for your 666th post!!
Anyway, thanks! I will finish it of course :)
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

What i would like to see are some other older characters like Karn, Nicol Bolas, Urza, etc....
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

I always planned painting Urza, because there are very few artworks of him out there. Maybe he'll be the next one in line ;).
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

im not sure but last i remembered when i went for my fine arts major, if you change a copy righted piece by 33% it is 100% legal. not meaning you can copy paste the art and add to it, but the actual design, such as the markings on jace's face can be altered slightly, and the markings on the cloak. and maybe even add straps or more buttons to the cloak, (chains?) whatever...just so its close enough to be known as jace, but different enough to say its your own parody.
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

That's a good advice, Zeth, thanks. This isn't 100 percent accurate anyway, so I might just be a bit creative with it. :)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

kaioshin wrote: Edit: Oh, and wololo, can I use the Wagic logo, when I release the finished version of this on my deviantart-page? It would be good advertisement, I guess :).
With such drawing skills I'm surprised you even ask the question :)

Regarding integrating official characters with fan-made drawings... that's a good question... I mean, Jace looks like any random Mage... I assume that as long as we don't "name" the characters, it's probably alright, but I would need real legal advice on that.
As Zethfox said, changing it enough so that it doesn't infringe any design patent might be a good thing.

And, I don't need to say it, but: AWESOME :shock:
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

you work has always been truly amazing... You could create a whole theme with such skill, I can already Jace with a flickering hand selling you card in the shop...

By the way, for the next release jeck has been implementing dynamic battlefield, as you made the one from Duels of the Planeswalker related to plains, if you have time and will it would be amazing to see the other background "inspired" from this game...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Dr.Solomat wrote:What i would like to see are some other older characters like Karn, Nicol Bolas, Urza, etc....
I agree with the good doctor. You can never go wrong with having a planeswalking dragon in your portfolio.
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

Okay, so Bolas next? ;)
I'm taking requests, lol.