Campaign rewards

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
FragFather

Campaign rewards

Post by FragFather »

I am trying to find out if it is possible to give a card/deck as a reward in campaign mode.

Basically, I want the player to get a deck early in the story and as they progress, they earn more cards to add to it. However, I want them to be able to choose a card from a few different ones as the reward. For example, the user chooses a deck from the 5 mana colors at the beginning. After winning a few rounds with the deck, they are given a choice of cards, again from the different colors. They choose 1 and it is added to the deck.

If this isn't yet possible, I would like to request it as a feature to be added.

Thanks in advance.

Also, wanted to say, I am very impressed with this game. I have played magic for years and having it on my PSP makes me happy. It's nice to have an opponent that can never say no when I want to play.
Saint

Re: Campaign rewards

Post by Saint »

Well I haven't been to active coding Storymode yet (still creating a storyline at the moment lol) but what I do know is that if you *SPOILER* play the 01. story you get rewarded with the ROE set *SPOILER* so it should be possible to reward a person with a deck or with a card even if it is with a workaround (create a new "Set" with all the cards in it that you unlock/receive) but I doubt you even need to use that.

Like I sayed I'm still in the drawing boards myself so I just skimped thru the campaigns so far but I think it is possible to unlock/receive certain cards as a reward for the battle or a deck for ending a part of the campaign, it should even be possible to "create" a secondary none existing profile (meaning it doesen't show up in your "normal" play mode) that keeps track of cards earned and decks won.

You will have to wait for one of the Dev's just to be sure though but end of it all that is the main goal, creating a fully customizable campaign with credits and in game shops to spend them in, decks won, cards won, items or whatever won (that's a future thing though) just to enhance the gameplay and the replay value of the game.

Well hope that helped a little,
And remember it's open source so if your missing something important just create it yourself or let someone else create it if you can't :).

Greetz,

Saint.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
FragFather

Post by FragFather »

Thanks for the response. However, I was looking more for how I would code giving and using the deck in the story xml. I have looked at other posts and it looks as though this is not yet possible.

If I am wrong, I would be grateful if someone could tell me how it would be done.
Saint

Post by Saint »

FragFather wrote:Thanks for the response. However, I was looking more for how I would code giving and using the deck in the story xml. I have looked at other posts and it looks as though this is not yet possible.

If I am wrong, I would be grateful if someone could tell me how it would be done.
You can let a specific deck be used in a specific duel, just check Abraxas "The Brothers War" campaign, if you extract it you can see what and how he coded things to use specific decks on speciifc moments etc.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

FragFather : I'm working on extended the rewards system, should be in the svn soonish...
Saint: what he's asking is about the reward mechanism, not about what cards you can use or not in the campaigns ;)
Saint

Post by Saint »

wololo wrote:FragFather : I'm working on extended the rewards system, should be in the svn soonish...
Saint: what he's asking is about the reward mechanism, not about what cards you can use or not in the campaigns ;)
Ah my bad lol thought he meant what I explained, sorry :P
rpgabriel

Post by rpgabriel »

I know it could give a real headache if your story is too long, but what about if you create different duels for each option that your player takes?

For example, imagine like making different paths to the final goal of your story, and the player selects the "sets" of extra cards that he wants. Actually, he is not selecting just the sets, but the entire new deck that includes the cards from the set selected (plus the ones from the previous duel).

I am just starting to try and learn more about the mechanics of the campaigns, but I think the design above could be easy to implement, but difficult to tune for a long campaign.

Cheers