Story Mode

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
wololo
Site Admin

Story Mode

Post by wololo »

(Depending on the success of the story mode, we might create a dedicated subforum for it, but for now I'm only creating this topic)

Please ask your questions about Story creation in this topic. If you want to write storie/campaigns for wagic, then don't hesitate to ask questions. There is no documentation for now (except a very basic readme in the campaigns folder), so any question is fine. Please give a try to campaigns writing! Depending on the success of this feature I am entirely ready to add new functionality based on what YOU want to see (please try to stay moderate in your requests though, don't expect Shandalar ...yet ;) )

You can post here if:
1 - You have an idea of a nice campaign and want to implement it using the Wagic Story mode, and

2.a - you tried to implement it but couldn't figure out how it works
OR
2.b - you tried to implement it but currently Wagic is missing this or that feature for your idea to work
flad_nag

Re: Stroy Mode

Post by flad_nag »

i want to continue my LOTR mod and translate it into a story mode (similar perhaps to the LOTR trilogy). However, adding a new set for the mod will conflict w/ the main wagic like --> mod set will be seen in the shop, random game, etc...

Is there a way to at least disable such mod set during normal play. It's like the mod set for the LOTR should only be present during the story mode for that particular LOTR stroy mode?
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Story Mode

Post by wololo »

Ok. That's a very qood request (and I have the same problem with the Star wars mod, which I discontinued because right now it has to ship in a completely different Wagic distribution).
So, we want to be able to "hot swap" mods...

How about the following (not saying I'll do it now, but this is how I see it):
instead of "swapping to the LOTR mod when loading the LOTR campaign", I'm thinking of : "swapping to the LOTR mod" somewhere in the main menu, THEN if you go to the story mode, only the LOTR campaigns would show up.
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

I think that is a good option since modification of the code will be easier than hot swapping within the story mode. thanks for looking into this request.
darkmatter

Post by darkmatter »

Not sure if it is possible, but custom music for the "story" part of storymode would be nice. In the example mission it just uses the menu music - and it would be better if you could customize the music to fit the story (battles & story)
meep.o.matic

Post by meep.o.matic »

How about trying to recriate the actual MTG lore in the stroy mode? And stories could be devided into planes, like ,Dominaria has it's own story, then comes Mirrodin, and so on...
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

How about trying to recriate the actual MTG lore in the stroy mode? And stories could be devided into planes, like ,Dominaria has it's own story, then comes Mirrodin, and so on...
We already discussed internaly about this, this can naturally be "fan-made" but would not be produced by the dev team, as this is clearly copyrighted material.

Nevertheless, that naturally a "great" idea, would be cool if someone on the forum could produce something like this... Could be "plane" based or/and based on the storyline.

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

@Cyb0rgSlay3r : the save function already works the way you describe it, I believe. try to play the tutorial and quit, next time it should star where you ended
mickey_brown

Post by mickey_brown »

Story needs its own board. I'm working on one right now called mirrodin wars.
This is the first chapter (still experimenting):
http://www.4shared.com/file/Dak5qqv_/Mi ... apter.html
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

mickey_brown wrote:Story needs its own board. I'm working on one right now called mirrodin wars.
This is the first chapter (still experimenting):
http://www.4shared.com/file/Dak5qqv_/Mi ... apter.html
Soooooo cool... Can't wait to test it. Great job ! Once you feel confident enough I encourage you to post this in a separate topic.

Thanks !!!!

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder