HBL Help...

This forum is locked, but kept for archiving purpose. If you want to discuss Half-Byte Loader or PSP homebrews, we now recommend our sister forum http://wololo.net/talk
Forum rules
Do not post requests/bug reports regarding versions of the HBL that you didn't download from wololo.net, I do not offer support for other people's versions, thanks!
gothx

HBL Help...

Post by gothx »

Sorry to post this here...but was wondering how to add the revisions to the half byte loader? I have the current one you can download which is r41. So was wondering how to add the new ones? Or is there a download that I can get or find? I think the latest is r63. Please help. That would be awesome. Thanks in advance. :)
gothx

Re: HBL Help...

Post by gothx »

I figured out how to add the and compile it....but for some reason when i run r63 it just automatically goes to the XMB...why is this?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

you need to copy the latest config files as well.
Check the DBGLOG, I'm sure it says something about a number of imports being incorrect.
That's usually because you didn't copy the latest config files.

More rarely, it's because the "make" did a mistake. in that case, "make clean" then "make" again
gothx

Post by gothx »

I figured it out :) thanks. And I just recently got HomersRin 3.3 FINAL (GBC Emulator) to run on PSPGo 6.20. I converted the 1.50 Eboots to 1.0 using PSPbrew 0.91. Just a suggestion to future use. Going to try more converting of 1.50 hombrew to 1.0 and see what happens :)
KF1

Post by KF1 »

WTH (Yellow letters, upper left corner)

Okay, I am just noting an error message in red letters for hbl-r65-wololo:

"Unable to open GAME folder (syscall issue?) ->Using a cached version of the folder's contents"

I click 'X', the screen goes off and the PSP shuts off...

EDIT: I removed duplicate hbl-r65-wololo files from my MP_Root folder in my PSP and got WTH to load to the Primitives Loading screen through ZEN before it crashed. On the immediate follow up load for WTH it never made it past the HBL yellow WTH screen.

IIRC you said it crashed about 10x before it worked for you...
Last edited by KF1 on Mon May 03, 2010 3:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Well basically when you get the "red letters" message in the menu, you can be sure that Wagic, and Emulators won't run correctly. When you get that red message in the menu, only very simple homebrews will work. Any homebrew that needs to list the files in a folder (such as Wagic and emulators) will fail.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Time for me to call it a night... What's a test sceIread anyway?

I haven't got past the Loading Primitives: ZEN screen yet, LOL.

I'm sure the next release of HBL and or WTH will be better for me.

Thank you Wolo and company ;)
stoker421

Post by stoker421 »

like tosay thanks again for a awsome program and just letting you know i can get wth to load everytime but it never gets past the loading sets screen get stuck on last set im on 6.20 pspgo rev65 with your newest save game file i took the mp3 fills out and still same thing o well just wait for ver 12
jpsallum

Post by jpsallum »

i have the rev 63 and i can get to the menu of choosing homebrews 100% of the times. i wanted to know if the rev 65 gets to the menu 100% of times too and what things have improved from the rev 63 to the rev 65?
also i wanted to know if anyone has accomplished to run any GBA emulator using the Half Byte Loader.

Thank you
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »