Bugs 0.11.1

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
abrasax

Re: Bugs 0.11.1

Post by abrasax »

I am running 5.00 M33-6 after trying GEN D3 and realizing that was not good for Wagic.

I installed 0.11.1 on a new memory card (only game on it) and the image files that were in the card sets forum.

After about two hours of messing around, here are the bugs I found:

1.) NUMEROUS total system lockups for no specific reason. I've dumped one of them and can upload it if needed.
2.) My entire 65 card deck (well all but one or two cards) vanished after buying some 2E cards in the shop (Black Lotus and a couple moxen). The card images were still there but it showed 0 for how many I had. After I exited the deck builder and came back the images were now gone (as were the cards). This has happened twice now both times after going to the shop to buy cards.
3.) Thicket basilisk is being blocked by a War mammoth and Giant Bear. It gave me a choice where to put the damage but I could only seem to put the 2 points of damage on one or the other not one on each. I put both on the mammoth (3/3) and it lived!
4.) All the images for the cards in my deck in the deck builder totally disappeared and then the PSP locked up. This has happened about four times in a couple hours.
5. Elven Riders are supposedly only able to be blocked by fliers and walls. A War Mammoth blocked mine and killed it. I took the Elven Riders out of my deck when I saw that.

So far, this version is way more unstable that the 0.9.6 version that Nightcrawlr did. That one locked up on occasion, but 0.11.1 is locking up way too often.

Any hep would be greatly appreciated as I love this game.
There is definitly something wrong with your installation or with your PSP, I play the game since WTH 0.1.0 and I can assure you that this version has far less lockup than any other prior version.

I know you are supposed to have a clean install, so you should have WTH 0.11.1 showing on the top right of your screen. In addition check that you DID not copy the _cards.dat from any prior version to your sets folder (to be sure you shoudl redownload a clean copy of WTH011.1 and copy the whole set folder to your PSP again, if you have images installed they will not be overwritten, but it will overwrite the _cards.dat and ensure you have the primitive). When you copied the images you should only copy the zip file not the entire folder. + ensure you have the "primitive" folder with the "mtg.txt" somewhere... it look like if your definition of cards is not correct because thicket basilisk should definitly work.

Please ensure you have a clean copy, because the bug you are reporting are unusual !

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
WJMuldowney

Post by WJMuldowney »

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sure that I had a clean install although I did install the images from the cards/sets folder.

It seems like whenever an older card like Black Lotus was purchased the problems got really pronounced.

I'll try another install and then add the images again.

Could a problem be that one of the settings in options was 99% safe?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

WJMuldowney wrote: Could a problem be that one of the settings in options was 99% safe?
no
WJMuldowney

Post by WJMuldowney »

Okay...clean install. deleted EVERYTHING off my memory card, re-downloaded 0.11.1 and the images files in the folder. I was careful to add everything correctly.

After unlocking MANY sets, the PSP gets the blue screen.

I am still losing cards. I had a whole deck (Black Lotus, many card I worked hard to purchase, etc and after purchasing two moxen and a Sol Ring the deck builder again shows most of my deck gone. It allows me to play a deck with only 26 cards (should tell me I don't have 60 cards). I see the card images in my deck but the cards are shaded and the quantity shows zero cards. I reset the game - cards still shaded and not there. I took out the battery and restarted the PSP - cards still not there and still shaded.

I am running 5.00 m33-6 and have the WTH folder in the Game Folder of the PSP. I doubt that's important because the game does run but is clearly problematic. I still hav good luck playing Nightcrawlr's version and that one does give me the blue screen every 20 games or so, but has never lost a card.

I really want to play 0.11.1 as I really love many of the additions made to the game, but right now it's virtually unplayable for me. If anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears. It doesn't take long to wipe it out and reload it, so please let me know if anyone has any things for me to try.

Thanks.

I saw that Elven Riders has a code change that fixes it, but I have no clue how to do that so I won't use that card.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

We do not officially support bug reports for modified versions. Since you added images to your installed version of Wagic, it is considered as a "modified" version. It does not mean we will not help you, but you should not post these errors in the official bug reports thread.

Now, follow theses steps:
1) backup your current installation of Wagic
2) erase your current WTH folder on your memory stick
3) download and install the game from http://wololo.net/wagic/download/
4) play
5) report bugs in this thread

Again, I'm not saying the game is bug free, and I'm not saying you have to play without images, but it is the first step for us to understand what is going wrong.

Secondly, there are two kinds of crashes with Wagic these days: a blue screen, or a "freeze". The freeze is most of the time due to a problem with the Ram getting full, which tends to happen much more if you play with the images. it is a bug in our caching mechanism, but we're having troubles finding it. The only solution I can give you if this happens too often is to play without images. There's an option to activate/deactivate them in the option menu (to avoid deleting them all the time).

The blue screen crash is extremely rare in WTH 0.11.1. It happens when there's a "standard" bug (segfault) in the code, most of the time this is due to a bug in a very specific card and will happen while playing against an opponent. If this happens often to you, it probably means there's a buggy card in your deck, so if you can find which one it is that would help a lot.

The collection disappearing is a bug that has been reported by many people, so I'm aware it exists. Strangely, I've been playing Wagic for 2 years now and that bug never happened to me. I will open an issue for that, but without being able to reproduce it it will be difficult for me to fix it. For this one, may I ask if your memory stick is an official Sony/Sandisk one, or a fake?

The game allowing youto play with less than 26 cards is not a "bug" per se as we do not do any kind of format enforcement for the time being. It's actually what I would cal a feature, which allows you to play a deck with 10 plains and 10 wrath of gods if that's what you like. These restrictions can be easily applied by yourself without the game enforcing them, however I think a few devs in the team have interest in format enforcement and might be working on this in the future.

is your PSP a Phat? I haven't played with mine in a while (I have a 3000 that I use more), so it is also possible that the memory limitations on the Phat are causing some kind of issue.

Edit: you might want to change your memory stick and try again. Wagic should handle File I/O errors more gracefully, but with the amount of errors you have I'm thinking your memory stick might be the culprit
WJMuldowney

Post by WJMuldowney »

I think you nailed it with the bold typeface!

The card I have is NOT an official card, but I do own one and will try that. Everything else seems to run okay so I'm wondering why Wagic seems to not work well w/ the card.

This is a definite learning experience for me.

I own the Phat PSP but hopefully I can still run WTH with images as I love the game but need the images.

P.S. I have been out of work for 6 months and STILL donated!
WJMuldowney

Post by WJMuldowney »

I started with a new memory card (Sony official).

I noticed when I moved the images this time that whoever did the LEB images also created a Cards.dat file to go with it. I did not use his cards.dat file last time - this time I did. That may have been the issue, or perhaps I'll create one by using it...lol.

I did notice almost all the problems started after I unlocked the LEB set, so I'm thinking that's a possibility.
GleepGlop

Some "bugs" 0.11.1

Post by GleepGlop »

Hello this is my first time reporting bugs: I don't know if all of these qualify as bugs; many are AI issues. I just took note of the first 10 irregularities that I came across. Please let me know if it is useful for me to continue to keep track of irregularities or what kind of irregularities I should keep track of. I have very little programming experience so I can't make any coding suggestions.

1.Computer summons ball lightning and then fails to attack with it even though there was nothing preventing it from doing so and it would have done damage. Computer probably thought to defend because i had 5 creatures out but failed to consider that it was going to lose creature at end of turn.
/ This also happened with a Spark Elemental and it attacked when i had no creatures but then cast another one when i had creatures but they were all tapped and it didnt attack

2.computer casts spells when there is no valid target for them: ie. Damnation even though there are no creatures in play and computer is not being penalized for # of cards in hand.

3. Computer cast Earthquake, suiciding in the process and giving me the victory.

4.When Timetwister is cast Player draws 7 new cards but only the bottom 3 are visible

5.Computer casts Gamble and chose another Gamble card, and generally gambles for things it doesnt need like land.

6.Computer 'wastes' spells ie. Casts lightning bolt on a Serra Angel and then does nothing else, allowing the Angel to recover her HP.

7.Computer plays Izzet Boilerworks and then selects that very same Boilerworks to return to hand to fulfill the requirement on the card

8. Computer had enough direct damage (ie. Lightning bolt) spells to finish me off but chose to pick off some of my creatures instead.

9.Some of the computer's decks are illegal ie. 4 howling mines and multiples of other cards that are restricted (I think, just getting back into magic)

10. Computer cast Vampire's Bite (instant) to buff one of its creatures and then ended its turn, letting the buff wear out, instead of saving the swamps to cast the buff as an instant when i attacked on my turn.
KarloxLoKo

Re: Some "bugs" 0.11.1

Post by KarloxLoKo »

Hi,
9.Some of the computer's decks are illegal ie. 4 howling mines and multiples of other cards that are restricted (I think, just getting back into magic)
:?:

The howling mine never have been banned or restricted in tournaments. ;)
I play this since 1993. :P
Also you can play with 4 black lotus, 4 time walk, etc.. only you can choose use or not the 4 copy of each card.

Sorry for my english, I'm from spain.
Thx.
MPR full collection owner!

Yo no quiero firma.
I Don't want signature.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
KarloxLoKo

Post by KarloxLoKo »

Hi,
I found a bug in the set ALL on Trophy Room.
The first card is Battlegrace Angel from ALA.:?:
I use the lastest SVN version (2020)

Thx
MPR full collection owner!

Yo no quiero firma.
I Don't want signature.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.