[Custom Set] Slayers [dropped]

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
Onitenshi

Re: [Custom Set] Slayers [Update: 23.01.2010]

Post by Onitenshi »

Sentinalblade wrote:When i put the set onto my memory stick, and edit my options.txt to unlock it, it says that set SLS has zero cards in it.

i noticed all your cards have a low ID range --- 9992 and such

Zendikar uses 178135+. which means your cards most likely overlap cards already present.
Strange. I checked the gatherer before I start creating the set and it showed no result with these IDs. I try to check this again and when I'm able to confirm an overlap, I will change the IDs
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sentinalblade

Post by Sentinalblade »

Well, that part was only an assumption.

Its just odd that the entire set has 0 cards in it, but several other custom sets work perfectly...so im not doing anything wrong, i dont think. lol
Onitenshi

Post by Onitenshi »

Checked IDs -> gatherer says they are free + ID overlap shouldn't cause such a bug
tried unlocking the set on my psp with the option-file -> works (it's an older revision, but I don't think that's the problem)
arcaneous

Post by arcaneous »

i had this exact problem. what had happened was two custom sets were using the same numbers. so it didn't matter if gatherer said it was okay. the numbers were still being used by another custom set. the only remedy was to rename all the card ids and pics.
from the wiki http://wololo.net/miki/index.php/Wagic/CardCode:

For your own sets, try to choose an id range that no other sets use. Official sets use ids between 1 and about 250,000, so for your own sets, we suggest using values between 1,000,000 (one million) and 2,000,000,000 (two billion).

sadly people like using the same number sets like 999xx, 9999xx, even wheel of time set uses, 7777xxx and shippuden set uses 777xxx, those were close.
Sentinalblade

Post by Sentinalblade »

Yea, i realized that was the problem

Thanks for the examples and solutions(though, i don't think i will be renaming all those cards)

The MSE template is great for auto-naming them and stuff...but i remember reading it only supported up to 5 or 6 numbers...though that doesnt seem right. anyone care to clarify?
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

If all cards use the same number of digits, then renumbering them is as easy as loading the _cards.dat file in a text editor and replacing "id=" with "id=2407" (or whatever numerical range you prefer) in the whole document. Less than a minute of work. :) Renaming the images can probably be done with a single command from the DOS shell.

It's a bit more complicated when you have cards with varying numbers of digits (the commands will work, but the cards will end up in a different numerical range since the replace commands won't insert preceding zeroes where necessary).
Sentinalblade

Post by Sentinalblade »

Well, with 96 cards, i don't look forward to picking out the id= line in each card. i would be bound to miss quite a few. I have already proven that when testing out cards in SoR
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

That's why I suggested an operation that doesn't need to pick out any lines. Just using "Replace all" once should work. :)
arcaneous

Post by arcaneous »

Onitenshi, i don't know why my brain did this but i didn't realize you had changed your pics as well. so i was about to post all these errors that would've been wrong b/c i had the old set of pics, so you probably want to post on the first message that the pics have changed w/ the new card.dat. great set by the way i love slayers.
Onitenshi

Post by Onitenshi »

arcaneous wrote:so you probably want to post on the first message that the pics have changed w/ the new card.dat
I have changed the pics every time I have updated the _cards.dat (or added some), I thought that was obvious.

I'm glad you like the set, this was the last update btw, cuz I have lost the mse set file