Fan tweaked graphics

Graphics and Themes you created go here.
Please read the Image Theme Guide, FAQ, & Index before posting in this forum.
u0127907

Fan tweaked graphics

Post by u0127907 »

*UPDATE- I cleaned up the menuicons.png and now they are looking great and most importantly ROUND!! Also stretched the back the additional 10 pixels so it should fit the entire background on the game screen.

I wasn't feeling a lot of the art in the game so I decided to open the files up and tweak with them to the extent that I am able. I am a big fan of Warcraft and as a result have taken a lot from that game. The player avatar as well as the computer avatars have all been replaced with various Warcraft avatars you would see when visiting the World of Warcraft forums. I think you'll all like them. I think they add a lot to the atmosphere of the game.

I also changed the logo from Wagic to the original Magic the Gathering logo but then also added the World of Warcraft logo in there too just because it looks cool. Also got rid of the hanging W because, it just didn't go well with the new title.

I changed the shop background and background seen during the actual game with art taken off of Deviantart.com (which is an excellent site B.T.W). I also changed the frame surrounding the game board from a tabletop to a dungeon-esque wall.

The phasebar has been redone with Warcraft icons (still a work in progress) and I finally changed the icons of the mana from the kanji included with this most recent download to again, Warcraft art. Looks OK on the titlescreen but, looks great during the game, under the character pictures.

I tried to add some new music but, game wouldn't load. Looks like the bitrate was too high? How do I change that?

Take a peek, keep what you want and let me know what you think.

Thanks to the original compilers of this awesome Homebrew and as a disclaimer if I have used any images with copyright laws or whatever through using these files it was done without the knowledge or consent of wololo.net. (I thought I would add that in just to sound professional)
-Enjoy!
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by u0127907 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Fan tweaked graphics

Post by wololo »

Thanks, I'm gonna try these, I'd love to see more graphical mods !
Regarding the mp3s : try to remove any id3v2 tag they might have
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I think the menu/mana icons should be improved a little bit with more transparency (to be "rounder"), and the back.jpg should be 10 pixels wider, but other than that it's great. I especially love the changes ingame!
Here are a few screenshots for people who are interested. We definitely need more mods like this one!

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I'll consider having a "theme switcher" in the options if more people share nice mods like this one, and if that's the case, I'll try to have an easy way to put several themes in the game directory, without overwriting the previous ones.
http://wololo.net/wagic/2008/12/17/a-ve ... creenshot/
Szei

Post by Szei »

Nice theme. I like what you did with the playing field and the card shop. Personally, I prefer the original title screen though. Hm, if I want to play Magic, I'm not sure why I'd want a World of Warcraft logo on the main menu. Anyway, thanks for the theme.

I'm not sure why wololo included a distorted card back image with his new version. If you want to get a non-distorted image, I included it in this post.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]