Final Saga

Graphics and Themes you created go here.
Please read the Image Theme Guide, FAQ, & Index before posting in this forum.
Takieda

Re: Final Saga

Post by Takieda »

Ilya B: I have to admit, this has to be about the most amazing non-coded "user content" made to date. Truly, I'm impressed. I had been messing around with a few other themes, hacking them together, and finally deciding on the MTGO theme, simply because it was the cleanest, and now, though it is default anyway, I have no intention of changing it from this one to anything else.

I just have one small issue(and really, not a big deal): the background on the battlefield. I've made a lot of textures through the years (nothing really fancy), so I've always had a nagging problem with repeated textures. While I know the background isn't exactly a "texture," but more an artistic design, I keep looking at that and thinking, maybe something less repetitious would look better. I tried muxxing one together myself and honestly couldn't make one that fit in the theme better than yours, so I thought I'd ask you, IF you feel like it, do you think you could make another background? If not, no big deal, honestly. I'm in awe of what you've done, but that is about the only thing I can think of that I feel would improve the quality of this otherwise amazing pack.
Ilya B

Post by Ilya B »

I made some updates, here they are:

Eboot images for PSP. 3 variants, choose one (or none :) ). As for me, i prefer 1st variant:
Download here:http://files.myopera.com/Ilya_B/wagic/FSeboot.zip

New trophy images for main theme:
They are not perfect, I`ll try to make them better ASAP. Also added titles for unlocked modes.
Download:http://files.myopera.com/Ilya_B/wagic/F ... Update.zip
(to install unpack to res/graphics folder)

White Shrine theme. This is a "subtheme" of Final Saga. I only changed cardback, battlefield background, top bar and hand bg.
Download:http://files.myopera.com/Ilya_B/wagic/W ... Shrine.zip
Installation: unzip directly to res/themes folder.

I`ll be glad to hear any suggestions, especially about trophy room and EBOOT images (i dont have PSP to test them)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

:o
Impressive as usual!
I want those to be included in next official release.

I'll try on my psp this week to let you know how good it goes, and I'll try to take screenshots :)
for the eboot images, I think I prefer the second one, I love the colors you use.
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

I tested it, it's great.

Some small comments, for the small Eboot images, I would personnaly prefer something with a square and a background, I find the title in transparent png does not render so well on the PSP, but that mainly a matter of taste.

Regarding the trophy, they are wonderfull, I wonder what you want to improve on these one... Just a small note, you could add the "Ok" button in the same font as the bonus/reward messages, is the only currently missing images to complete this package.

I didn't have time to test the alternative theme, but from a first look it looks great... As I already mentioned somewhere I would like to see some customizing option within a given theme, rather than to have to create a new theme each time... but that's music of the future. I suggest for the time being to also add this supplementary theme to the SVN and the next release.

Grüssi

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
rob3d

Post by rob3d »

These look great, I especially like the new card back. The trophies are fantastic as well. Is it possible to upload the card back at 480*680px for use on the PC version?

Awesome work and Thanks.
Ilya B

Post by Ilya B »

I want those to be included in next official release.
Great, waiting for next release :) By the way, i forget to mention the author of Shopkeeper image in main theme. And also some images in res/graphics seem to be unused by wagic: simon2.png, simon_pink.png, spade.png, menucorner.png, BattleIcon.png, DefenderIcon.png.
I find the title in transparent png does not render so well on the PSP, but that mainly a matter of taste.
Try these icons:ImageImage - 1st is transparent with light-blue background (it should have no black fallof on edges), 2nd is nontransparent, just rectangle
Regarding the trophy, they are wonderfull, I wonder what you want to improve on these one...
Probably "random deck" and "difficulty modes" trophy can be different, but this is not so important for this moment...
Is it possible to upload the card back at 480*680px for use on the PC version
Sorry, they was made in PSP resolution, and i dont have larger version.

And another "subtheme" - "Green" (that old default background becomes a bit annoying for me :) )
Download:http://files.myopera.com/Ilya_B/wagic/Green.zip - unzip to "res/themes"

Alternative cardbacks for those who want some tweaks with themes:
ImageImageImageImage - dont forget to rename to "back.jpg" and "back_thumb.jpg"