Star Wars Theme V1.0 (0.11.1 UPDATED)

Graphics and Themes you created go here.
Please read the Image Theme Guide, FAQ, & Index before posting in this forum.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars Theme V 0.1 - WIP

Post by wololo »

flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

thanks! i'm gonna try make a set for Lord of the Rings (including a theme perhaps) :mrgreen:
by the way, very nice STAR WARS Theme.. may the force be with us all Wagic lovers!
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Someone could go through the trouble of translating some fan made sets into wagic _cards.dat
I will try to do the first one...

by the way here are some more cool SW SFX for your gaming pleasure (9.09MB):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JDJKEZ3O

Here a small description of what the SFX are:
Goblin --> Ewok
Orc --> Jabba laughing
artifact --> R2D2
Creature --> wookie
Imp --> Yoda Laughing
Human --> Dark Vador "Yes My Master"
Instant --> blaster Sound
Soldier --> Luke "Greeting Exalted one"
Wizard --> Darth Vador "What is thy Bidding my Master"
Sorcery --> Light Saber SFX
Mana --> Ligt saber turned-on
plains --> Speeder Sound
Swamp --> Darth Vador Breathing
Mountain --> Pod racing Sound
Legendary --> Darth Vador "you have failed me for the last time"
Island --> Xwing Sound
Forest --> Por Racer Sound
Dwarf --> C6P0 "don't get technical with me"
Giant --> Sebulba "poodoo"
Faerie --> Leia "What ?"
Graveyard --> Darth Vador "Don't Fail me again"
Kithkin --> Ewok Singing
Gnome --> hans Solo "Everything normal Situation under control"
Enchantment --> R2D2 exitment beeping
Deathtouch --> Darth Vador "Don't make me destroy you"

I may need to do some equalizing work, since some sound are very loud... but all in all I've tested it and it's fun to play... the only thing I'm not really entirely happy with are the land sound if someone comes with a good idea for these one...

By the way there is also a WOTC SW card game.. I was trying to translate them into wagic but it take too long... so I let that project on hold for now... and will try to do the first one mentioned by wololo...

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
yoda01

Post by yoda01 »

To me the Graveyard and Legendary sounds need to be swapped around. The "You failed me for the last time" sounds right when you send a couple of permanents to the graveyard. What do ya'll think?
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

yoda01 wrote:To me the Graveyard and Legendary sounds need to be swapped around. The "You failed me for the last time" sounds right when you send a couple of permanents to the graveyard. What do ya'll think?
I agree.
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I think the sounds are a bit too "heavy" in size. I'll have a look tonight, but playing with this theme is a bit painful because of that. We have a few bugs in the SFX playback that might be the cause for the slowness too.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

abrasax: here are the SFX in mono/16 bits. they are 4 times smaller than the original ones, and the difference in quality is worth the result I think (much more files are in cache, so it is much more playable imo)
http://wololo.net/files/wagic/sw.rar
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Well,

I was thinking that the SFX must be in stereo 44Khz.... I converted some of them that were mono 22Khz in order to make them what I thought would be "compatible"... I did the same with the other sfx pack I made .... also if mono is ok then I will let them mono when they already are...

What about the sampling rate ? (just for info )

Anyway thanks for the converting...

regarding the graveyard I'm don't really like the one I made it should be much shorter, especially because it sound horrible if you send more than one creature to graveyard.... But deathtouch is terrible... (don't make me destroy you)... fit perfectly

By the way, it would also be nice to be able to add SFX sound for "specific cards" like "lightning Bolt" .... Imagine what would be the sfx when Darth Vador comes into play (Luke, I'm your father... !!!)... well... I also got a lot of source for SW SFX atm but it's always a difficult exercise to find some nice SFX...

Since I'm currently working on the SW custom set posted you mention i will also add some SFX specifically related to this set "wording" like droid,tusken,jedi,imperial,droid or Force spell....instead of putting some SFX for MTG related card (like faerie,goblin,orc)....

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!

abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Here the new Menutitle with better letter spacing:

[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

or alternatively:

[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

abrasax wrote:Well,

I was thinking that the SFX must be in stereo 44Khz.... I converted some of them that were mono 22Khz in order to make them what I thought would be "compatible"... I did the same with the other sfx pack I made .... also if mono is ok then I will let them mono when they already are...

What about the sampling rate ? (just for info )
So, from my tests:
48kHz doesn't work
44 and 22 are ok

32bits and 16bits sampling seem to both work

Stereo and mono are supported

The header has to be very specific, which is why some people have issues with sample. Anything generated with Audacity seems to work for me.
regarding the graveyard I'm don't really like the one I made it should be much shorter, especially because it sound horrible if you send more than one creature to graveyard.... But deathtouch is terrible... (don't make me destroy you)... fit perfectly
Agreed, the deathtouch SFX is great :D (I'm pretty sure you mean terrific instead of terrible, not 100% sure but I think in English "terrible" always has a negative meaning)
I actually increased the number of deathtouch cards in my current deck because of this SFX :lol:

By the way, it would also be nice to be able to add SFX sound for "specific cards" like "lightning Bolt" .... Imagine what would be the sfx when Darth Vador comes into play (Luke, I'm your father... !!!)..
Nice idea, I'll add that to the code
Since I'm currently working on the SW custom set posted you mention i will also add some SFX specifically related to this set "wording" like droid,tusken,jedi,imperial,droid or Force spell....instead of putting some SFX for MTG related card (like faerie,goblin,orc)....
Great, looking forward to that :)