Wagic Card Backs

Graphics and Themes you created go here.
Please read the Image Theme Guide, FAQ, & Index before posting in this forum.
Jeck

Wagic Card Backs

Post by Jeck »

These are the card backs I just slapped together for my personal use. PSD files are available by request (send me a PM)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

To install (as if you don't know :P), just save one set of the above files as "back.jpg" and "back_thumb.jpg" into your res/sets directory

—Jeck
Last edited by Jeck on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Wagic Card Backs

Post by wololo »

Edit: below was my comment for the initial version of the cards, which are not the ones above:
This looks gorgeous, although as I told you in PM, maybe a bit too close to the original design for us to put in the default version?
I think the elements you put are good, but the layout is too close to the orignal MTG theme.

Here are a few random suggestions that could help change this, in case you are considering adding this to the default Wagic release (which I would love).
Not all these changes have to be made I guess, so pick the ones you like.

- replace the background ellipse with another geometric shape
- Don't put the mana icons in circle, maybe align them, or something
- The magic cards background was made to look like a book. This one does too..maybe there are ways to get a bit away from that
- change the overall positions of elements ? Mana icons on top, title in the middle, maybe ?
- change the font for a completely different one (I know it's not exactly the MTG one, but it feels very close to it) ?

Other suggestions are welcome, but right now it feels to me that with such a design I would run into trouble with WotC :cry:
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

This is great work!

I personally really like the first card back! Is it possible to add one of them to the official release?
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Dr.Solomat, I think the first one is too dangerous in terms of "copyright" issues.
I would love to add the second one to the official release though
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

I think you're right.
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
gdspsp

Post by gdspsp »

wololo and co.,

i would suggest a limited time poll for voting on the card back because i like the bottom far right. but i also can see it is way easy to replace the image oneself.

awesome work
Saiki

Post by Saiki »

why not have the option by default?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Saiki wrote:why not have the option by default?
Well, I can include all of these images (except the first one) in the default package, and let people choose, but if you're of an easy way to change ingame, I'm currently too busy to do that
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

started a vote:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=549

I didn't include the first one, which is too close to WotC's design IMO