Quick and Simple way of finding missing images?

Additional Ressources for WTH : new cards, card images & more
ZiRRuSH

Quick and Simple way of finding missing images?

Post by ZiRRuSH »

Got some free time on my hands today and was about to sit down and try and "fix" all the missing images I have in wagic. I've installed the 93/93 sets images from arabax's links. But, I've noticed while playing that some cards are still missing images... was also gonna try adding images for the MBS set thats on the svn and see how it goes. Gives me something to do. Was wondering if anyone knows an easy way of finding what images you're missing (I run the psp version of the game) aside from going through the entire collection looking for the ones missing images, lol. Any help/advice is appreciated : )
abrasax

Re: Quick and Simple way of finding missing images?

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

Well it depend on what image is missing, if its a simple "normal" image from the collection then the most easy way is to go through the "trophy Room" and browse the entire set. If it is a token, it can be more complicated, because it depend on how the token is coded... there is also some cards were token are impossible to add completly.

KF1 has already produced a "massive" update that he sent to me regularly, unfortunately I'm a little bit behind with the scheduled release of the "new" full image pack (including the correction from KF1)... I'm sorry for that. Once released it would be the "most" actual startpoint to search for missing images.

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Hey, ZiRRuSH as abra said you can your missing PSP pictures from the KF1 Unofficial Set Addon post but just in case you find others and you want to get them yourself here are a couple of good sources:

http://magiccards.info/en.html (good place for getting cards in other languages and quick searches)
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/rarities.html (specially good for promo cards and odds)
http://mws.mtgbr.com/Full-01.htm (one of the best places to get HQ 480x680 set images)

I've just sent some sets KF1 was missing in his post and i belive he will update it soon.
ZiRRuSH

Post by ZiRRuSH »

Thank you both for the tips and guidance. As of now, I've mirrored most of the set images off of gatherer which seam perfectly fine for use with the PSP version. I found some nice token images at http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/view ... f=15&t=452 I was gonna take a look at as well. Only real reason I've been trying to accomplish this is to give me something to do out of boredum and to also try and trim up a bit of space. Certain cards seam to lag a bit loading in the deck editor and if its less space and no noticeable quality loss I figure why not? Gonna fiddle with MSE and see about revising certain older cards so the text is easier to read. Aside from that, only other two minor things I'd like to fix up is certain images I have in wagic being cropped a bit off and cutting out either part of the mana cost or power/toughness at the bottom and the missing images I run across. So far, only sets I've thrown togethor are tempest, mbs, stronghold, mirage, and fifth edition. No real order I'm going in... just the sets I use to play back in the day and was bringing back memories when going through the images : )~
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Im glad it helped, the token link is pretty good. Im actually working on tokens and trying to make custom tokens so that each set has unique set of tokens with a decent image quallity, ill post about it as soon as im done but i figure it will take a while :lol: