How much does AI cheat?

Everything that does not fall in the other categories
Axel2801

How much does AI cheat?

Post by Axel2801 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:01 am

I know it does cheat, although I would really like to understand how and how much.

The reason behind it is that I would like to play on hard difficulty, just because I assume the AI is smarter, but the cheating is just too obvious and this has always been a major letdown, in all pve games I've been playing lately.
Creating a "smart" AI that does not need cheats to be on par is a very challenging task, almost impossible if you consider all the possibilities this game offers, even knowing this I can't seem to enjoy myself when I play a game knowing that the field is not even. Heck, I prefer to handicap myself roleplaying with weird civilization combo to level the field.

Has anyone managed to figure out how the cheating changes/scales at the increasing of the difficulty?
Anyone aware of some mods changing this, or giving us options to tune it to our liking?
Should I just play on normal? If anything past normal is just free resources and such, I might aswell forget hard.

i-am-not-one

Re: How much does AI cheat?

Post by i-am-not-one » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Not sure what you mean by cheat?

The code for hard setting meant that in some cases more difficult cards were used in certain decks.

It has been so long since how the AI works, if I were you I would search for that. It wasn't min-max but some other algorithm I believe

PaulArnett

Re: How much does AI cheat?

Post by PaulArnett » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:38 am

Cheat is really difficult to call. As for me, just a change in the algorithm.