couple new subtype based keywords added

Discute about general card coding keyword, ask questions and get answer about the mechanism, about the guideline, the direction we want to go...etc...
Zethfox

couple new subtype based keywords added

Post by Zethfox »

these are added directly to the subtypes of cards....

if a cards "subtype=" contains
leyline = you can start with them in play if you get them in your openning hand by clicking them before you do anything else, you are able to mulligen UNTIL you put a leyline in play, then you will only be allowed to play the leylines.

controllershroud = you cant be the target of spell or abilities your opponent controls.

playershroud = you cant be the target of spells or abilities.

i beleve doc will be adding all codable cards and test later tonight.
enjoy :)

should be close to 30 cards.

PS: the reason i made them subtype based check is the rediculously small amount of code it takes to add them this way and for the amount of times these abilities were used in Magic, i saw no reason in adding 2 pages worth of code to the source, for something that could be done with less then 6 lines of code total for abilities that were so scarcely used and might never be re-cycled in magic again.
pake1

Re: couple new subtype based keywords added

Post by pake1 »

Dude thanks for all the parser/ability additions within the past weeks. YOU ROCK

I'm afraid to update my psp wagic because there might be another ability added within the next day after lol

keep em coming man =)
moxen

Post by moxen »

leylines might be broken after the introduction of mulligan. I'm not sure how it worked back then but it ain't working now. Leyline of anticipation's flash ain't working either. I dun think flash can be used like that. I realised this when I was trying to code Aluren on the flash part. Realised the leylines weren't working when I checked against leyline of anticipation.

I'm running last nights svn.
Only those crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.

Wishlist: Sneak Attack, Through the Breach, Aluren, Serra Avatar, Goblin Piledriver
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

leylines code was BASED on (more like a copy paste) of mulligan...the only thing leyline subtype does is allow the card to be played for free on first turn...if the cards soft code is not working is completely different. thats a probelm with the card code not the hard code support for mulligan/leyline.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Let's be careful with adding code based on types. In the mid term future, I want Wagic to support other games, and types/etc are not supposed to be used as a replacement for abilities. I guess this will be fine for now, but I'd be happier if we moved that into abilities rather than types. (There shouldn't be such a big difference, by the way...)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

i could do that...i made the subtypes based keywords cause they were SUPER fast and easy to do as such, and it was before i understood the enums lists....
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Yes. Actually it'd be great if that was done before the release