Coat of Arms

Discute about general card coding keyword, ask questions and get answer about the mechanism, about the guideline, the direction we want to go...etc...
timmermac

Coat of Arms

Post by timmermac »

It seems to me that Coat of Arms should be a fairly easy code. It's just Sliver Legion for multiple creature types.

This is Sliver Legion:

Code: Select all

name=Sliver Legion
auto=lord(sliver) foreach(other sliver|battlefield) 1/1
text=All Sliver creatures get +1/+1 for each other Sliver on the battlefield.
mana={W}{U}{B}{R}{G}
type=Legendary Creature
subtype=Sliver
power=7
toughness=7
Wouldn't replacing "lord(sliver) foreach(other sliver|battlefield)" with "lord(eachcreaturetype) foreach(other samecreaturetype|battlefield) 1/1"or something similar have the desired effect?
Zethfox

Re: Coat of Arms

Post by Zethfox »

it's far more complex then that, visit gatherer and read the rulings on coat or arms....you will understand why it's not in yet :)
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

I have an idea but I didn't test it( i don't know if its the correct syntax).

anyway if we give all creature that gives 1/1 to other creatures that shares a type with it,
we can get a similar effect.

auto=lord(creature|battlefield) transforms((,newability[lord(other creature[share!types!]|battlefield) 1/1]))
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

this has been discussed in the past, also the rulings state that a creature that shares multiple types should only get the bonus once.
there are 255+ subtypes in mtg...doing a lord for each would bring the game to a crawl after the 3rd one is played.
and using shares!type! would have a similar effect.
we will have it one day, there are just other card pools on my priority list right now.
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

Did we ever get this fix.