Bugs 0.9.1

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
wololo
Site Admin

Bugs 0.9.1

Post by wololo »

Post bugs for the latest Release here.
For bugs in the SVN, please use http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/list
Also, before posting a bug, please take the time to read this, thanks :)
snaxington

Re: Bugs 0.9.1

Post by snaxington »

I'm having a problem with Intruder Alarm (STH) not stopping creatures from untapping in the untap phase.
the code looks fine though

[card]
text=Creatures don't untap during their controllers' untap steps. Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, untap all creatures.
id=5174
name=Intruder Alarm
rarity=R
mana={2}{U}
auto=lord(creature) doesnotuntap
auto=@movedTo(creature|myBattlefield):untap all(creature)
auto=@movedTo(creature|opponentBattlefield):untap all(creature)
type=Enchantment
[/card]

There is also another rather large problem with the Untap Phase, as I am currently able to cast spells and activate abilities in it.
502.3. No player receives priority during the untap step, so no spells can be cast or resolve and no
abilities can be activated or resolve. Any ability that triggers during this step will be held until the
next time a player would receive priority, which is usually during the upkeep step. (See rule 503,
“Upkeep Step.”)
snaxington

Post by snaxington »

Also the Draw step is currently functioning improperly, drawing a card is stacking when it should not.

504. Draw Step
504.1. First, the active player draws a card. This turn-based action doesn’t use the stack.
504.2. Second, any abilities that trigger at the beginning of the draw step and any other abilities that
have triggered go on the stack.
504.3. Third, the active player gets priority. Players may cast spells and activate abilities.
snaxington

Post by snaxington »

The Cleanup Step is currently giving priority, and allowing spells and abilities to be cast.
Priority should only be granted when there is a triggered effect in the Cleanup Step.

514. Cleanup Step
514.1. First, if the active player’s hand contains more cards than his or her maximum hand size
(normally seven), he or she discards enough cards to reduce his or her hand size to that number.
This turn-based action doesn’t use the stack.
514.2. Second, the following actions happen simultaneously: all damage marked on permanents
(including phased-out permanents) is removed and all “until end of turn” and “this turn” effects end.
This turn-based action doesn’t use the stack.
514.3. Normally, no player receives priority during the cleanup step, so no spells can be cast and no
abilities can be activated. However, this rule is subject to the following exception:
514.3a At this point, the game checks to see if any state-based actions would be performed and/or
any triggered abilities are waiting to be put onto the stack (including those that trigger “at the
beginning of the next cleanup step”). If so, those state-based actions are performed, then those
triggered abilities are put on the stack, then the active player gets priority. Players may cast spells and activate abilities. Once the stack is empty and all players pass in succession, another
cleanup step begins.

Do these problems have to do with how Steps are programmed?

I feel like a jerk for not only being the first to post in the new bugs thread, but also posting three times.
You all worked very hard to give us all an amazing new program to use, and i'm already breaking it.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Hey Snaxington, no problem at all. I prefer people who submit clear bug reports than people who remain silent but quit the game because they found an issue with it ;)
Those are important things, and yes, the way steps are coded, we cannot prevent people from actually casting spells during these steps. However I fail to see how this would actually bring a decisive advantage over the AI, so I'm not too worried about that, although it's definitely something we want to fix in the future.
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

Hypnotic Spectre (RV) doesnt cause player to discard when damage dealt. Have not checked other sets the Spectre is in. Weird since it worked previously...

Not really a bug I guess but assumed it would be implemented in this release, but not being able to cast anything on the ai's end turn is a pain in the neck. Also, which I guess is sort of a bug, is that when the ai is not playing anything during their turn you cant play anything because no interrupts are asked.... This is very disruptive to how the game plays and really hurts a lot of cards and decks when they cant cast spells during the ai turn.
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

NyghtcrawleR wrote: Not really a bug I guess but assumed it would be implemented in this release, but not being able to cast anything on the ai's end turn is a pain in the neck. Also, which I guess is sort of a bug, is that when the ai is not playing anything during their turn you cant play anything because no interrupts are asked.... This is very disruptive to how the game plays and really hurts a lot of cards and decks when they cant cast spells during the ai turn.
somebody actually discovered a hidden option to do that:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=698#p6240

I have to find the name of the option again, I'll get back to you on that if you can't find it by yourself (should be easy to find in a 0.8.1 install)
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

wololo wrote:
NyghtcrawleR wrote: Not really a bug I guess but assumed it would be implemented in this release, but not being able to cast anything on the ai's end turn is a pain in the neck. Also, which I guess is sort of a bug, is that when the ai is not playing anything during their turn you cant play anything because no interrupts are asked.... This is very disruptive to how the game plays and really hurts a lot of cards and decks when they cant cast spells during the ai turn.
somebody actually discovered a hidden option to do that:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=698#p6240

I have to find the name of the option again, I'll get back to you on that if you can't find it by yourself (should be easy to find in a 0.8.1 install)
Thats cool and I'll definitely check it out but I do think its something that should be automatically there for the main release. Obviously its not here now (default or whatever), but I would say that a big mechanic like that for MTG should make it into WTH asap....
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I agree. I need to apologize, because it is something you've been requesting for a long time and I keep on postponing it despite my promises :oops: .
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

i noticed that the official release is somehat faster than the current SVN, just an observation...

also, what is the "alternate.PBP" for?