Purple Screen of Despair

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
wololo
Site Admin

Purple Screen of Despair

Post by wololo »

If you get a weird purple screen when you start Wagic, please Discuss issues and solutions here.
The Wagic team is working hard to solve this bug for next release, sorry for the inconvenience :oops:
NyghtcrawleR

Re: Purple Screen of Despair

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

The main one for me was I had it persisting and the only way I got rid of it was to change firmware completely. I was on 5.00 M33-6 and it would never work on it for me, so I reinstalled 5.00 M33-4 and no problems. I even tried reupgrading to M33-6 and same deal so 5.00 M33-4 for me.
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
Allstillwell

Post by Allstillwell »

i also get the purple screen it also has like a split screen with 2 images of the main page in purple.

Ok i just updated from 5.00 m33- 5.00 m33-4 and it works.
leungclj

Post by leungclj »

w00t? I have 100% purple screen too? :cry: :cry: :cry:
running 5.00 m-33-6 too... may be that is the problem... :?

edit: the last good revision was r1192 (for me) that produce no purple screen
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

The game should start fine most of the time (my tests yesterday gave a purple screen one out of 10 times), there is no direct relation to the firmware as far as I know (I'm on Gen and I sometimes get the purple screen).
In the package there is an other file called alternate.PBP. you can try to swap it with EBOOT.PBP and see if it solves the issue for you.
leungclj wrote: edit: the last good revision was r1192 (for me) that produce no purple screen
Unrelated, the purple screen issue appeared way before that and you were just very lucky I think ;)
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

leungclj wrote:w00t? I have 100% purple screen too? :cry: :cry: :cry:
running 5.00 m-33-6 too... may be that is the problem... :?

edit: the last good revision was r1192 (for me) that produce no purple screen
I would try reinstalling 5.00 M33-4. Worked for me and Allstillwell so worth the shot.
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
leungclj

Post by leungclj »

wololo wrote:The game should start fine most of the time (my tests yesterday gave a purple screen one out of 10 times), there is no direct relation to the firmware as far as I know (I'm on Gen and I sometimes get the purple screen).
In the package there is an other file called alternate.PBP. you can try to swap it with EBOOT.PBP and see if it solves the issue for you.
leungclj wrote: edit: the last good revision was r1192 (for me) that produce no purple screen
Unrelated, the purple screen issue appeared way before that and you were just very lucky I think ;)
are you sure? because at r1192, i never had a single purple, as soon as i tried r1195, 100% purple, back to r1192, never purple....
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Well the purple screen is really coming and going without any "logical" (at least noticable) reason.
I had the same kind of reflex as you all (thinking maybe it had something to do with some "saved file" within my WTH folder I just changed anything within the game in PSD mode and got rid of the bug in all my attempt)... but in reality it would be just enough to restart wagic to get rid of the PSD, and if not (already happened to me once) you can still try to go through Irshell, or do an Hard-reset... or even just copying anything to your memory stick... that would do the trick, don't ask me why that does not make any sens... but that was more or less the same with the crash at start-up that was coming and going...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
leungclj

Post by leungclj »

well... i am using the alteboot.pbp now.... it works (but, whats the difference?)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

leungclj wrote:well... i am using the alteboot.pbp now.... it works (but, whats the difference?)
The alternate eboot should be way faster as it compiled with optimizations. So if it works for you, keep it :) . In my tests it actually increased the risk of Purple screen though.