Wagic - Game Crash at Startup

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
jeremy

Re: Wagic - Game Crash at Startup

Post by jeremy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:15 am

if it helps you can download the entire install here, thanks.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y6ERVKMZ

Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Well, in my case, Wagic is running under latest GEN without problems, except for lag before the start.
Have you tried clean install and other suggestions from this thread?

jeremy

Post by jeremy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:34 pm

I think it was the amount of sets I put in, after I removed some and checked through the old installs, which worked while in M33, got it working again. I guess GEN is less forgiving coding wise then running on M33 os.
My main problem now is Mogg Sentry, untouched it adds the +2/+2 permanently whenever the opponent plays something be it land or a spell. When I tried to put the same code as giant growth into the card all it did was make it +0/+3 permanently, oddly. Currently its the most broken fatty around, considering that if you put it into play on the first turn, unless your opponent has moat or some equivalent, eventually he won't be able to block it.

sandman423

Post by sandman423 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:32 am

I am on 3.71 M33-4 Firmware Fat PSP and just wondering if anyone has issues with crashing in-game??

I have had crashing issues from the start...

I added Official Sets only and it freezes on startup sometimes, but mostly in-game...Like if I win or lose it sometimes freezes on you were defeated screen also Freezing on Shop also when I am in the shop it just locks up...I deleted Track0 and Track1 but it still locks up.

maxx

Post by maxx » Tue May 18, 2010 6:35 am

Does anyone follow this thread at all?

I haven't had any problems running this on the pc (windows XP sp3/vista/7). But when following the steps for the psp (3000 version 6.20). The game always fails to load. I get the black screen of death..aka psp power off. I attempted to get Tome 2.3.5 running, but it also has the same problems (w/o the patch provided i get the core() exception, with patch, psp power off).

I've tried the few fixes posted. Those being :
1. format memory stick, redo everything from scratch, latest HBL, WTH 0.11.1, patapon2 + save.
2. Remove res/dound/track0,1.mp3
3. IRShell...

but still no dice? Any suggestions?

I'm running the debug HBL if that matters, but the release version produces the same results.. i was going to attempt to run older WTHs to see if i can get something going.. or else its back to the pc.

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Tue May 18, 2010 6:56 am

For issues with Wagic+HBL, please use the HBL dedicated forum: viewforum.php?f=26
This is not the same issue at all ;)

superhiro

Post by superhiro » Tue May 18, 2010 11:09 pm

I already posted this, but it seems it was not noticed: Ranger of Eos does not work anymore. It fails to move the creature in the library to your hand.

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Wed May 19, 2010 12:19 am

superhiro, with the experience you have on this forum, I'm not sure what I can answer to you for posting in such an inappropriate thread ?
Also, you have SVN access, if a card is not working, please open a ticket on the google code page AND write a test. ;)

superhiro

Post by superhiro » Wed May 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Argh, I'm sorry, I misclicked. Happens sometimes on my new widescreen display :/

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:40 pm

sandman423 wrote:I am on 3.71 M33-4 Firmware Fat PSP and just wondering if anyone has issues with crashing in-game??

I have had crashing issues from the start...

I added Official Sets only and it freezes on startup sometimes, but mostly in-game...Like if I win or lose it sometimes freezes on you were defeated screen also Freezing on Shop also when I am in the shop it just locks up...I deleted Track0 and Track1 but it still locks up.
incase anyone is reading this becauase of crashing on startup while running wagic on a phat psp, i have 3 psp...2slims and a fat...same folder on all 3 running the same CFW...my fat wont load....both slims work like a dream...the fat doesnt seem to have enough ram to load the cards with images...if you run without images(which i imagine no one want to do) it will run...

also crashing while loading sets i found happens alot when you have cards in the primitives coded incorrectly if you code them yourself...this will crash the game
card]
name=whatever

or

name=#####<---numbers..

and sometimes

name="something increably long that shouldnt be used as a card title."

just a few things ive come across while coding cards and suddenly getting mistery crashes