Bugs SVN

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Zethfox

Re: Bugs SVN

Post by Zethfox » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:34 am

make clean.....

you are recieving that error because you have random junk from a previous build precompiled and its messing with your current build...
to make clean you simply type "make clean" hit enter, then type "make"...tada compiler error gone.

goojamin

Post by goojamin » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks again for the help, I had done a make clean before each attempted compile and it was still bombing out for me.

This morning I reinstalled the pspsdk, and re-downloaded the svn and compiling is back to normal. Next time I see an error like this I will try that first :D

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:21 pm

i completely understand, i often complain that some changes made by one of our team tends to break my compilations so hard that im forced to redownload the whole source...i dont think DJ believes me when i say it, atleast heres some proof that im not the one person this happens to :P

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:30 pm

Zeth, this one is not a bug in our code, but in the compiler. It is unrelated to any change we made, just bad luck depending on the position of the bits on the machine, and the moon ;)

Post by 840126 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:58 am

I've met this problem several times, and I found a way can solve this problem temporary. Just find the file which has error and this some editor to change its format: if it is Windows format change it to Linux format, if it is Linux format change it to Windows format, then compile again. It works on my PC.
You can find the latest Eboot of Wagic in following links:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6s9y671f0sjd5
or
http://www.mediafire.com/wth

mrbigs

Post by mrbigs » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:48 am

I get this error while trying to build rev3451 in Linux Ubuntu 10.10:

In file included from src/../include/GameApp.h:15,
from src/CardEffect.cpp:1:
src/../include/WResourceManager.h: In member function ‘bool WCache<cacheItem, cacheActual>::RequiresOldItemCleanup()’:
src/../include/WResourceManager.h:151: error: there are no arguments to ‘LOG’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘LOG’ must be available
src/../include/WResourceManager.h:151: note: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
make: *** [objs/CardEffect.o] Error 1

EDIT: I found out that WResourceManager.h actually does not include JLogger.h, including it solved the problem. Someone should correct svn... However, after a clean build without errors, I get a segmentation fault whenever I try to start wagic. Everything was fine until rev 3442... Any help?

MootPoint

Post by MootPoint » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:18 am

probably fixed in r3458.

mrbigs

Post by mrbigs » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:56 pm

As of rev3473 the game still doesn't start on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. I made a clean build without any issue, but wagic crashes immediately when I try to run it because of a segmentation fault. Any other Linux user with the same issue?

masaru20100

Post by masaru20100 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:52 am

mrbigs wrote:As of rev3473 the game still doesn't start on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. I made a clean build without any issue, but wagic crashes immediately when I try to run it because of a segmentation fault. Any other Linux user with the same issue?
I have the same problem with revision 3472. I had the problem before too, I still have a binary of revision 3442 that doesn’t crash. I’ll give a shot at newest revision (3488 as I just updated).

I also had to fix some issues because of g++ complanings. As I’m no pro in C++, I thought my fixes could be the source of the problem.

Concerning MTGAbility.cpp, error is

Code: Select all

src/MTGAbility.cpp: In member function ‘int MTGAbility::parseCastRestrictions(MTGCardInstance*, Player*, std::string, std::string)’:
src/MTGAbility.cpp:73:24: erreur: converting to non-pointer type ‘size_t’ from NULL [-Werror=conversion-null]
My fix (in diff format)

Index: src/MTGAbility.cpp
===================================================================
--- src/MTGAbility.cpp	(révision 3488)
+++ src/MTGAbility.cpp	(copie de travail)
@@ -70,7 +70,7 @@
                 return 0;
         }
         size_t typeRelated = restriction[i].find("typemin:");
-        size_t check = NULL;
+        size_t check = -1;
         if(typeRelated != string::npos)
         {
             bool less = false;
Next one is

src/ActionStack.cpp: In member function ‘int ActionStack::getActionElementFromCard(MTGCardInstance*)’:
src/ActionStack.cpp:788:8: erreur: converting to non-pointer type ‘int’ from NULL [-Werror=conversion-null]
My fix is

Index: src/ActionStack.cpp
--- src/ActionStack.cpp	(révision 3488)
+++ src/ActionStack.cpp	(copie de travail)
@@ -784,8 +784,8 @@
         {
             return i;
         }
-    }  
-return NULL;
+    }
+return -1;
 }

Interruptible * ActionStack::getNext(Interruptible * previous, int type, int state, int display)
Last is :

In file included from src/AllAbilities.cpp:2:0:
../../projects/mtg/include/AllAbilities.h: In member function ‘virtual int AUnBlocker::isReactingToClick(MTGCardInstance*, ManaCost*)’:
../../projects/mtg/include/AllAbilities.h:1652:126: erreur: transtypage vers un pointeur depuis un entier de taille différente [-Werror=int-to-pointer-cast]
My fix:

Index: include/AllAbilities.h
--- include/AllAbilities.h	(révision 3488)
+++ include/AllAbilities.h	(copie de travail)
@@ -1649,7 +1649,7 @@

int isReactingToClick(MTGCardInstance * _card, ManaCost * mana = NULL)
     {
-        if (_card == target && game->currentlyActing()->game->inPlay->hasCard(source) && (MTGCardInstance *) _card->isTapped())
+        if (_card == target && game->currentlyActing()->game->inPlay->hasCard(source) && _card->isTapped())
         {
             if (game->currentlyActing()->getManaPool()->canAfford(cost))
             {
After those changes, I can compile but I have the crash even in revision 3488:

segmentation fault  ./wagic64.r3488
?20100

goojamin

Post by goojamin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:18 am

Hi,

I just tried to compile r3510 for psp and received the following error. Note this was after a successful make clean and make on jge, and then a make clean on mtg.

_VERSION=371 src/WFont.cpp -o objs/WFont.o
psp-gcc -I../../JGE/include -I../../JGE/include/psp -I../../JGE/include/psp/free
type2 -I../../JGE/src -I../../projects/mtg/include -I../../Boost -I. -IC:/pspsdk
/psp/sdk/include -Wall -W -Werror -Wno-unused -O2 -G0 -DPSPFW3XX -DDEVHOOK -DUSE
_PRECOMPILED_HEADERS=1 -DPSPENV -DPSP -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=371  -L../../JGE/lib/psp
 -L. -LC:/pspsdk/psp/sdk/lib -specs=C:/pspsdk/psp/sdk/lib/prxspecs -Wl,-q,-TC:/p
spsdk/psp/sdk/lib/linkfile.prx -ljge300 -lhgetools -lfreetype -ljpeg -lgif -lpng
 -lz -lm -lmikmod -lpsppower -lpspmpeg -lpspaudiocodec -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio
-lpspmp3 -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsprtc -lstdc++ -lpspfpu  objs/ActionElement.o objs/
ActionLayer.o objs/ActionStack.o objs/AIMomirPlayer.o objs/AIPlayer.o objs/AISta
ts.o objs/AllAbilities.o objs/CardGui.o objs/CardDescriptor.o objs/CardDisplay.o
 objs/CardEffect.o objs/CardPrimitive.o objs/CardSelector.o objs/CardSelectorSin
gleton.o objs/Counters.o objs/Credits.o objs/Damage.o objs/DamagerDamaged.o objs
/DeckDataWrapper.o objs/DeckEditorMenu.o objs/DeckMenu.o objs/DeckMenuItem.o obj
s/DeckMetaData.o objs/DeckStats.o objs/DuelLayers.o objs/Effects.o objs/ExtraCos
t.o objs/GameApp.o objs/GameLauncher.o objs/GameObserver.o objs/GameOptions.o ob
js/GameState.o objs/GameStateAwards.o objs/GameStateDeckViewer.o objs/GameStateD
uel.o objs/DeckManager.o objs/GameStateMenu.o objs/GameStateOptions.o objs/GameS
tateShop.o objs/GameStateStory.o objs/GameStateTransitions.o objs/GuiAvatars.o o
bjs/GuiBackground.o objs/GuiCardsController.o objs/GuiCombat.o objs/GuiFrame.o o
bjs/GuiHand.o objs/GuiLayers.o objs/GuiMana.o objs/GuiPhaseBar.o objs/GuiPlay.o
objs/GuiStatic.o objs/ManaCost.o objs/ManaCostHybrid.o objs/MenuItem.o objs/MTGA
bility.o objs/MTGCardInstance.o objs/MTGCard.o objs/MTGDeck.o objs/MTGDefinition
s.o objs/MTGGamePhase.o objs/MTGGameZones.o objs/MTGPack.o objs/MTGRules.o objs/
Navigator.o objs/OptionItem.o objs/PhaseRing.o objs/Player.o objs/PlayerData.o o
bjs/PlayGuiObjectController.o objs/PlayGuiObject.o objs/PlayRestrictions.o objs/
Pos.o objs/PrecompiledHeader.o objs/PriceList.o objs/ReplacementEffects.o objs/R
ules.o objs/SimpleMenu.o objs/SimpleMenuItem.o objs/SimplePad.o objs/SimplePopup
.o objs/StoryFlow.o objs/StyleManager.o objs/Subtypes.o objs/TargetChooser.o obj
s/TargetsList.o objs/TextScroller.o objs/ThisDescriptor.o objs/Token.o objs/Tran
slate.o objs/TranslateKeys.o objs/Trash.o objs/utils.o objs/WEvent.o objs/WResou
rceManager.o objs/WCachedResource.o objs/WDataSrc.o objs/WGui.o objs/WFilter.o o
bjs/Tasks.o objs/WFont.o C:/pspsdk/psp/sdk/lib/prxexports.o -ljge300 -lhgetools
-lfreetype -ljpeg -lgif -lpng -lz -lm -lmikmod -lpsppower -lpspmpeg -lpspaudioco
dec -lpspaudiolib -lpspaudio -lpspmp3 -lpspgum -lpspgu -lpsprtc -lstdc++ -lpspfp
u -lpspdebug -lpspdisplay -lpspge -lpspctrl -lpspsdk -lc -lpspnet -lpspnet_inet
-lpspnet_apctl -lpspnet_resolver -lpsputility -lpspuser -lpspkernel -o wagic.elf

objs/WGui.o: In function `WGuiCardDistort::Render()':
(.text+0x46e4): undefined reference to `hgeDistortionMesh::Clear(unsigned long,
float)'
(.text+0x47b8): undefined reference to `hgeDistortionMesh::SetColor(int, int, un
signed long)'
(.text+0x47d4): undefined reference to `hgeDistortionMesh::SetColor(int, int, un
signed long)'
(.text+0x47f0): undefined reference to `hgeDistortionMesh::SetColor(int, int, un
signed long)'
(.text+0x480c): undefined reference to `hgeDistortionMesh::SetColor(int, int, un
signed long)'
(.text+0x4950): undefined reference to `hgeDistortionMesh::SetColor(int, int, un
signed long)'
objs/WGui.o:(.text+0x496c): more undefined references to `hgeDistortionMesh::Set
Color(int, int, unsigned long)' follow
../../JGE/lib/psp\libhgetools.a(hgeparticle.o): In function `hgeParticleSystem::
Render()':
(.text+0x220): undefined reference to `JQuad::SetColor(unsigned int)'
../../JGE/lib/psp\libhgetools.a(hgeparticle.o): In function `hgeParticleSystem::
Update(float)':
(.text+0xa70): undefined reference to `fast_cosf'
Update(float)':
(.text+0xa7c): undefined reference to `fast_sinf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [wagic.elf] Error 1

C:\WagTheSource\projects\mtg>