Bugs 0.16.0: please post your bug reports here

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
wololo
Site Admin

Bugs 0.16.0: please post your bug reports here

Post by wololo »

Hi Wagic users, please post bug reports for Wagic 0.16.0 in this topic, thanks :)

Important note
If you're having performance issues, please try the tips in the link below before reporting a bug.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3138
Icehornet

Re: Bugs 0.16.0: please post your bug reports here

Post by Icehornet »

When opponent have 7 seven lands, it dont cost {6} less to cast.
name=Avatar of Fury
abilities=flying
auto={R}:1/0
otherrestriction=type(land|opponentbattlefield)~morethan~7
other={R}{R}
text=If an opponent controls seven or more lands, Avatar of Fury costs {6} less to cast. -- Flying -- {R}: Avatar of Fury gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
mana={6}{R}{R}
type=Creature
subtype=Avatar
power=6
toughness=6

And when I cast Channel the Suns to add all 5 color mana but I cant use them to cast Bringer of green dawn. I dont test that if I use land to produce mana to cast it yet. Other bug I found that I can use Skullclamp to equip opponent's creature to kill it and draw two cards
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

fixed in the svn, thanks for the reports.
Icehornet

Post by Icehornet »

Can I just replace the mtg.txt file from the svn to wagic 0.16.0 to make it work or I need to complie a new one?

And there will be 0.16.1 after this or you will jump directly to 0.17.0?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Icehornet wrote:Can I just replace the mtg.txt file from the svn to wagic 0.16.0 to make it work or I need to complie a new one?
It should be fine to replace for now, we didn't change the way abilities work since the release.
And there will be 0.16.1 after this or you will jump directly to 0.17.0?
we release a x.x.1 when major bugs are found in x.x.0. This didn't happen this time, so most likely there won't be a 0.16.1
I usually do a change of minor when new abilities are added to mtg.txt (basically, when the cards from the current version do not work in the previous version), which so far happened for every release.
bigpeters

Post by bigpeters »

My lands are listing "Add x to mana pool" twice, so I have to press circle twice to actually tap them. Just installed .16 fresh for windows, not sure what might be causing it.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

bigpeters wrote:My lands are listing "Add x to mana pool" twice, so I have to press circle twice to actually tap them. Just installed .16 fresh for windows, not sure what might be causing it.
The most likely cause is that you installed it over a previous installation, or you copied cards/ etc... that were not in the initial download.
Can you confirm this?
If that's the case, be sure to install Wagic 0.16 in a fresh location, and to not add anything else. Test from here, make sure it works, then progressively add back your personal content.
bigpeters

Post by bigpeters »

I love your dedication to this project. I did copy my card images over from the previous version by copying the set folders and overwriting them in 0.16. Re-installing did take care of this. I assume it's the overwriting of the cards.dat file that is causing the problem, and I should be fine moving the zip file with the images over?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

bigpeters wrote: I assume it's the overwriting of the cards.dat file that is causing the problem, and I should be fine moving the zip file with the images over?
Yes, and Yes :)
Especially, the set/primitives/*.txt files need to be the ones from 0.16 :)

Edit: for the technical explanation:
Lands used to have an ability "Tap to add mana" attached to them, in 0.15.
We changed this rule into a "global" rule that says "all mountains have: Tap: add 1 red mana", etc... and we removed the ability from the lands.
This new rule allows us to simply code cards such as "evil presence", we don't have to remove the mana ability from a land and add a new ability, as changing is type cares of it thanks to the global rule.

if you copied the cards from 0.15 into 0.16, you basically have both the card ability and the global rule taking effect in game, hence the 2 abilities.
salamandar

Post by salamandar »

for the word "abilities" : there is a missing "i", so he hasn't flying because of that

[card]
name=Maelstrom Djinn
abil~i~ties=flying
facedown={3}
autofacedown={2}{u}:morph
autofaceup=vanishing:2
text=Flying -- Morph {2}{U} (You may cast this face down as a 2/2 creature for {3}. Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.) -- When Maelstrom Djinn is turned face up, put two time counters on it and it gains vanishing. (At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.)
mana={7}{U}
type=Creature
subtype=Djinn
power=5
toughness=6
[/card]

Thank you for your work :)
"Rien n'est vrai, tout est permis" - Ainsi Parlait Zarathoustra - Friedrich Nietzsche