Bugs 0.16.0: please post your bug reports here

Do not post feature requests here, please.
Before posting bugs report check the Image Bug reporting help & guidelines
Forum rules
Do not post Features/Improvments request here (i.e : AI being stupid is not a bug, not being able to do a mulligan is not a bug, etc..etc..)
Before posting, please read the Bugs reporting guideline
Daemonfey

Re: Bugs 0.16.0: please post your bug reports here

Post by Daemonfey » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Sorry boss. Just reporting findings. ;)

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:57 pm

no no, nothing to be sorry about at all...just trying to point out why i dislike workarounds...just this month there have been atleast 3 post relating to "why don't we just add blah blah as a workaround"...i stated very strong opinions about why not...and this is exactly one of the reason i mention..
we added a workaround, that is now making it look like a truely supported card is broken...when infact, it is titan that is not truely supported interacting strangely with valakult.....

jeremy

Post by jeremy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:45 pm

people are always going to want whats popular in the current metagame, ie titans and planeswalkers.
But they have got to realize there are other programs out there that support them on the pc.
If you had extra time, it'd be more fun to work on fun stuff like cascade instead. In the long run it's better if you work on the stuff your passionate about.
Would rather have more people supporting it then to have this project fizzle due to people leaving.
It's just too bad we can't attach a more complex Ai onto the program, be a boatload of fun to be able to play stuff like viewtopic.php?f=22&t=839 on the psp.
Keep up the good work and good luck

Daemonfey

Post by Daemonfey » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Seems the Primeval Titan isn't alone.

Valakult triggered damage when the AI put a Mountain down. This happened in both the PSP and Windows version.

studyingsoul

Post by studyingsoul » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Excuse my poor english, I'm french and I'm not easy at typing english.

I thank you all for the good work !
But for each version, there were many bugs (13.0 14.0 15.0), so there were an update in a .1 version (the last one 15.1, which gives me full speed and enormous enjoyment).
But now, with the 16.0 on PSP, Big old bugs are back :(
When I start a new game, the menu is all black, I have to choose long down to see classic or other modes.
When I start a game in classic mode, I can put many lands at once (the same in Momir), but at the end of my turn, my ENTIRE hand is discarded !!! (as well in normal and momir modes).
So I think I'll wait for a (possible) 16.1 version, and return for now on the 15.1.

Thank you !
Stud.

PSP model : Slim 2004
CFW : 5.50 Gen-D3

Shadowfireomega

Post by Shadowfireomega » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 pm

I think something has gone wrong in your installation, try re-installing 16.0.
Wagic: the Homebrew Image Pack Easy Installers

"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, I would never learn anything, and that would be a sad life." -Benjamin Fisher
check out my blog http://shadowfireomega.blogspot.com/

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 pm

studyingsoul wrote:Excuse my poor english, I'm french and I'm not easy at typing english.

I thank you all for the good work !
But for each version, there were many bugs (13.0 14.0 15.0), so there were an update in a .1 version (the last one 15.1, which gives me full speed and enormous enjoyment).
But now, with the 16.0 on PSP, Big old bugs are back :(
When I start a new game, the menu is all black, I have to choose long down to see classic or other modes.
When I start a game in classic mode, I can put many lands at once (the same in Momir), but at the end of my turn, my ENTIRE hand is discarded !!! (as well in normal and momir modes).
So I think I'll wait for a (possible) 16.1 version, and return for now on the 15.1.

Thank you !
Stud.

PSP model : Slim 2004
CFW : 5.50 Gen-D3
As said above, reinstall the game, in a fresh location. In particular, do NOT copy files from your previous version into the new one

jeremy

Post by jeremy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:48 am

Haven't had any problems by only transferring the stuff in the player folder excluding the stats,
and the various zip files of the cards in the sets folder ( used the new cards.dat to avoid any overlapped coding).
Except for the longer load times due to the massive amounts of AI decks, no problems at all.
The initial lag at the deck selection menu goes away once they're mostly considered not "new".
For some strange reason, the glitter circling new decks eat heavily into the processing cache, but it's easily avoided by doing random opponents till most are not considered "new" decks.
hope this helps.

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:48 am

jere,
wololo actually coded a game mod with new abilities that was based on that very game you mentioned...it is SIIIICK...almost impossible to win against the ai in it...i think he posted a link in the mods section, if you get a chance you should try it out....

studyingsoul

Post by studyingsoul » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanx ! It all shiny works !!! GRRRRRRRRRREAT !! Many thanx for your responses shadowfireomega, wololo (hi from Paris) and again many thanx for all the programmers ! :D (excuse for the double post)