Changes from Base
1. Two new sets added (Elves and Dwarves).
2. Some changes to the original sets for balancing.
3. Six new decks added (one for each hero - ai not perfect in new decks...).
a. Now two starting decks as each set contains two heroes and two decks (up from 2 heroes and 1 deck)
4. Images for Human and Orc set (everything on the cards is open source so its distributable).
5. Human campaign that takes you into elven territory to defend against invaders(Beginning of KDED lore).
I. A second campaign taking place at the same time as the first from the orc perspective
II. Images for the Elf and Dwarf sets
III. Additional sets (no more races planned at this time though)
IV. Implement Deck Building/Shop
V. Further balancing with additional playtesting
Original Description of Mod by Wololo
What is it
Knights and Dragons is a little turn based strategy game which borrows gameplay concepts from games such as Warcraft, or Szei's mod (which cannot be found anymore, unfortunately).
You basically have a Castle to defend (represented by your avatar), and for that, you have units that can attack the opponent's castle, and buildings that can create units.
People who played wagic previously won't be surprised by the controls, but the rules are fairly different to what you're used to:
- Colored mana is replaced by 4 resources: gold, wood, meat, and mana
- Units don't have a color, or rather, their color is just a visual indicator of what they do. For example, the Miner provides gold, and its frame color is therefore gold. The woodcutter provides wood, and its color is green. Army units are usually represented in grey, and building are represented in brown, etc...
- There is no real concept of "deck" or deck building. Instead, you choose a hero and their army, but independently of your deck, you can build your army from the ground up, just with the elements on the battlefield. There is no shop or Deck editor.
- resources don't wear out unless you use them
- units that are damaged keep the damage and do not get magically healed at the end of a turn
- "activating" a unit greys it out, it does not "tap" the unit
- Resources are not provided by activating some units, rather, the amount of resource producing units is directly related to the amount of resources you get at the beginning of each turn.
Download LinkHow to install:
rename your existing wagic_res or Res folder into something else, such as "Res_backup" or something. Instead of that folder, put the contents of the zip downloaded above
Then just run Wagic normally.
I had to upload my file to MegaUpload because my slow internet was not letting me upload using the attachment option on the forum.
I'll come back and attach the file directly once I get on a faster connection.
KDED V1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4CUTK3S