MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.7 - WTH 0.13.1

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
abrasax

Re: MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.6

Post by abrasax »

jitsuryoku wrote:Please help where should i put the code for gemstone array to finish chapter 25.

Thanks.
You should open your "RES/SETS/PRIMITIVES/mtg.txt" in a text editor like notepad, find the code for Gemstone array and replace it with the correct one.
enderak wrote:In the first chapter, Back to Basics states that non-basic lands do not untap, yet the plains does not untap when it should. Also, the Caravan says it can only be activated on your opponents upkeep, yet it only lets you use it's ability on your upkeep.

Looking at mtg.txt, these appear to be problems with the card definitions themselves, though.
Well, to be honest when I first designed this challenge I was looking first at card with some "flavor" related to the caravan, when I saw the card "Trade Caravan" I imediatly had the idea of using it for this challenge, I was trying to find a card that will prevent the land to untap...looking at the cards that do so in magic I found "back to basic" but I did not read the card correctly as it only concerned non-basic land, while trade caravan was only for basic land... so I modified the rules to fit the challenge, I should have removed the "back to basic" since it only bring confusion, but the card was very tempting because it fit fully the story theme...

And yes looking at the rules.txt is like cheating... :D... nevertheless this first challenge should be the most easy one...
Zethfox wrote:anyway you can host this on Mediafire or megauploads...i caught a dang spy ware virus from the 3 websites that openned when i clicked the download button for this....NOT GOOD...other then that i will enjoy the brothers war im sure... :) great work
found something:
chapter 1 tocasia-
tocasta:i dig, we are searching for artifacts out here. do you know what it is?t <-----theres a "T" after the question mark.
quick question, the su-chi fight vs the like 10 suchis...that cant be beat can it?
Thanks for the Typo, will be corrected in next release, regarding the download site, I never had any issue with sendspace I use it because it is one of the only one that is PSP compatible (means you can download from your PSP browser)...I added the mirror from superhiro, in the future I will host this also on mediafire in a separate mediafire folder...

Normally you should be able to win against the 10 suchis, but for some unkown reason it did not work for all users... I personally never add any issue with this one... I've added some code to ensure this will be corrected in next release... but I've also added an option to skip this challenge in V1.6 so that should not be an issue.

I have work a little on this campaign during my holliday... I've added bonus screen to the first part. This bonus are only available if you solve the challenge the first time... if you loose and try again you will not get any bonus, I thought this way it will add a "replay" value to the campaign... So I will try to continue the bonus screen until the end of the campaign... the bonus screen offers you cards and small "trivia" either about the challenge/story or the card itself, sometime both... This will be an SVN only release since the new campaign feature are only available for the last SVN version.

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
Saint

Post by Saint »

Remember that if you split factions (at some point in the game it should ask if you want to be an ally of Urza or one of Mishra) you can add a couple extra challenges plus it would up the replay value aswell if you give different bonuses with each faction (idk if you can give single card bonuses but credits + Mishra's factory, mishra's workshop etc, and for the other side Urza's mine, Urza's Power plant and Urza's Tower. If that isen't possible just credits + a set).

Just a suggestion ofcourse but we talked about factions aswell, in the far far future you could even use campaigns like this to get faction points, faction points will let you "Buy" special cards (like special editions etc.) Special decks and so on so on (like instead of giving unlocking alara for instance you do quests and get faction points, after you reach a certain amount of faction points you will get an Alara block deck and the card block unlocks in the shop. Again, just an idea/suggestion.)

Greetz,

Saint.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

can you give a play by play as how you beat the 10 suchis, cause that puzzle racked my brain so hard i almost felt like my brain was going to explode.

and i should mention its funny that its called campaign mode, but this was seriously WAY closer to "puzzle mode" then anything else i could think of...you made up some really great challenges...it must have take you forever.
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Zethfox wrote:can you give a play by play as how you beat the 10 suchis, cause that puzzle racked my brain so hard i almost felt like my brain was going to explode.
[spoiler] (select text to reveal)

1. In your main phase tap two of your cave of koilos to produce {1} & {W} (you should take only 1 damage in the operation)
2. Play divine offering on your cathodion
3. Tap the remaining cave of koilos to produce {1} (you should take no damage)
4. Use the {3} produce by the cathodion + the {1} made by your cave to put the weakstone in play.
5. Wait until the opponent attack, you should end opponent turn with exacly 1 life...
if you pass opponent turn end you win. If it does not work just skip as this has been reporting not to work on PSP but should be fine on PC.
[/spoiler]
Zethfox wrote:and i should mention its funny that its called campaign mode, but this was seriously WAY closer to "puzzle mode" then anything else i could think of...you made up some really great challenges...it must have take you forever.
Well it would be more a campaign if you could use your own deck to beat the real "duel" since it is not the case everything needs to be pretty much pre-designed by the campaign maker....

It did indeed take forever... I was basically working on this one since May as you can see here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1177&start=10#p12454

It's not only puzzle mode there is some duels and some difficult one, especially in chapter 4 against the argothian folks... but maybe you're not so far and will soon discover the real suffering.... :twisted:

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!

flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

i just want to say this is brilliant and awesome!
Th1rte3n

Post by Th1rte3n »

I had a lot of fun playing through this campaign...very addicting! Great job! To be honest it just made me really want to read the novels! :D
cilindr0

Post by cilindr0 »

abrasax wrote:
jitsuryoku wrote:Please help where should i put the code for gemstone array to finish chapter 25.

Thanks.
You should open your "RES/SETS/PRIMITIVES/mtg.txt" in a text editor like notepad, find the code for Gemstone array and replace it with the correct one.

Where is the correct one? I have the same problem with gemstone array x__X''
Anny "RES/SETS/PRIMITIVES/mtg.txt" updated? where can I found it?
Thanks
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi all,

Thanks for all the encouragement, I hope I will be able to post an updated version for WTH 0.13.1 with bonus and all...

Regarding Gemstone Array, the correct code is in the 1st post of this topic Here again:

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Gemstone Array
auto={2}:counter(0/0,1,Charge)
auto={C(0/0,-1,Charge)}:add{W}
auto={C(0/0,-1,Charge)}:add{U}
auto={C(0/0,-1,Charge)}:add{B}
auto={C(0/0,-1,Charge)}:add{R}
auto={C(0/0,-1,Charge)}:add{G}
text={2}: Put a charge counter on Gemstone Array. -- Remove a charge counter from Gemstone Array: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
mana={4}
type=Artifact
[/card]
copy and replace the code for gemstone array that is in your mtg.txt... that's it. (note this is only valid for WTH 0.12.1 not for SVN where the issue already has been corrected).

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!

Nooblet

Post by Nooblet »

The first thing I want to say is thank you for putting together such an enjoyably frustrating challenge. I've just gotten started playing Magic, and this was a very educational experience. I am currently stuck on the final battle between urea and mishra. I can't remember the exact specifics of mana usage, but I'll try to name all the cards I used
1.play a plains card
2.use the book, discard mind over matter
3.use the diagram
4. Use voltaic key on diagram and draw again
5.use psionics blast to kill the 4/4 monster
6. End turn
7. Same old diagram voltaic key combo. Apparently upkeep costs nothing, I assume you coded that
8. Use obelisk of undoing on the stone of might
9. Counter stone rain with the blue counter spell
10. Mana specifics aren't known, but i use gemstone generator to play the hymn and bring phryexian hulk onto the field.
11. End turn, he attacks, I block. Game crashes

I'm using r101, latest version of the campaign, all on the PSP. Is a bug in my way, or am I using the wrong method?
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

All that is much too complex.... I was really mean on this one... as far as I remember (I also tricked by myself sometime) you need to find a way to tap a specific card of your opponent (don't destroy it or you loose, you will also loose if the opponent destroy one of your specific card, to give you a hint in the eventuality it allready happened to you...)... for that you need to secure the Urza's diagram that allow you to draw two card per turn using voltaic key... that's the key to sucess ... so you need to pay the upkeep cost..if you don't the card vanish...so there also something wrong with your version, since this was not available in prior WTH so that's probably why it doesn't work for you... you should update to WTH 0.12.1 this campaign should only work with this version actually...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!