A few usability improvements... and a few questions.

All suggestion to improve/change the Gui used by Wagic.
Zethfox

Re: A few usability improvements... and a few questions.

Post by Zethfox »

bring on the high res replacement fonts, the size difference of the file wont matter, our dev yan just allowed hires fonts in the font handling! yay!
btw the spacing and arrangement has to be exactly the same as the lower res image, maybe use photoshop and move the chars around on them while they over lap so they match.
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

Forget photoshop, just use http://www.lmnopc.com/bitmapfontbuilder/ with whatever font you want:
1) generate let's say a 2048x2048 bitmap (use 2 sets of characters ASCII code (32-159)). Use yellow letter (RGB color 255, 252, 175) and a white (RGB 255, 255, 255) background.
2) save a .bmp
3) save a .dat using "save font width (L+ABC format)
4) open your .bmp in a image editor, set the white background as transparent and save that as a .png
5) now, replace whatever wagic font you want. For example, start with f3.dat and f3.png with your new files.
6) enjoy wagic with high resolution fonts.

This works only starting with r4742.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

thanks Djardin :D

Here's a sample screenshot what it looks like on my laptop, 1366x768 resolution. I'm using 512x512 texture for fonts generated by bitmapfontbuilder.

Djardin wrote:Forget photoshop, just use http://www.lmnopc.com/bitmapfontbuilder/ with whatever font you want:
1) generate let's say a 2048x2048 bitmap (use 2 sets of characters ASCII code (32-159)). Use yellow letter (RGB color 255, 252, 175) and a white (RGB 255, 255, 255) background.
2) save a .bmp
3) save a .dat using "save font width (L+ABC format)
4) open your .bmp in a image editor, set the white background as transparent and save that as a .png
5) now, replace whatever wagic font you want. For example, start with f3.dat and f3.png with your new files.
6) enjoy wagic with high resolution fonts.

This works only starting with r4742.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

@Djardin

Do you know the details to generate simon.jpg and simon.dat?, I tried using the method for f3.jpg and f3.dat but it seems there are missing spaces for the font.
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

You mean it works for f3.dat/png but not for simon.dat/png ?
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

It works but the generated simon.png and simon.dat looks condensed. Below are sample screenshots for f3.png, magic.png and simon.png

simon.png and simon.dat incorrect character spacing.

f3.png and f3.dat 100% works.

magic.png and magic.dat 100% works.
Djardin wrote:You mean it works for f3.dat/png but not for simon.dat/png ?
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

Interesting, what truetype font did you use as input of bitmapfontbuilder ? And did you use the same font for magic.png/dat, f3.png/data and simon.png/dat ?
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

I use the same font for f3.png/dat and simon.png/dat, only the magic.png/dat is different. I use 2 sets of characters ASCII code (32-159) and 512x512 texture. I use L+ABC format for the dat files.

For the fonts I use Belwe and Matrix font. Its great if we can use to second font in magic.png/dat so the primary font (Card Name, etc) uses Matrix font, and for the Card Texts is Plantin font (I think these are the fonts used in modern magic card).
Djardin wrote:Interesting, what truetype font did you use as input of bitmapfontbuilder ? And did you use the same font for magic.png/dat, f3.png/data and simon.png/dat ?
Atriel

Post by Atriel »

I'm working with simon source. Anyway, I wanted to 4x resolution increase, to view it in HD (like other sources), but I can not. Do you know which program generated the simon original? I know that you can generate simon.dat and simon.png with Bitmap Font Builder but the text comes out very close, and not allow tweak.
Atriel
Atriel

Post by Atriel »

I'm trying to implement simon.png and simon.dat the game, but I can not. I modified the resolution of simon.png but fails me simon.dat. Does anyone know how to change it?

This is the simon.png and simon.dat files. Any idea? :( :
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Atriel