Option to have store sell only singles or only boosters.

All about the shop and the way of improving it
Azul

Option to have store sell only singles or only boosters.

Post by Azul »

I rarely buy boosters when I'm playing Wagic. I usually want only certain cards in order to put a specific deck together. In these cases I would prefer to see more of the shopkeep's singles than his booster packs. Some people might only want to look at his various boosters.
Dimoutzi

Re: Option to have store sell only singles or only boosters.

Post by Dimoutzi »

It would be nice to have a 'shop mode' in the options, because every player has it's own preferences on how the shop SHOULD be. This way everyone will be happy.

- full mode: player can buy any card they want from the sets that are unlocked

- limited mode: player only has access to boosters + basic land cards

- ante mode: shop is closed, the player can only gain cards by defeating opponents. When an opponent is defeated easily the player gets some random common cards, if the player defeats a tough opponent the player might gain some rares, Optionally the player might get a random card from the opponents deck.

- random mode: the player gets to buy cards for cheap, but they are random. 50 credits for a common card, 150 for uncommon, and 500 for a rare etc. This would be almost the same as the ante mod, except you recieve the random cards in the shop instead of directly after a duel.

Maybe even add an option that the player can receive a 60-card starterdeck when a new set is unlocked (1st set of a block), when the player has enough money for it.
Derkit

Post by Derkit »

I personally prefer to play buying only boosters,

I feel that it keeps the game more fun for me...but going through pages and pages of cards to find the one booster pack your looking for is rather irritating once you unlock alot of sets.

I would LOVE for thier to be the options suggested above that would be so great!
Laylong

Post by Laylong »

This may be pushing it, but I would find it useful to only be able to cards from "in print" sets. Maybe it could be added into the trophy menu. You can manually select which sets are allowed to show up. For example, I appreciate older sets, but I don't like nor want to look through anything considered pre 8th edition. So I can select only the newer sets to show up in the shop and not have to weed through old sets.
http://cardboardboxstudios.zzl.org/Projects_Wagic.html
------------------------Main decks-------------------------
[W: Pride of Ajani] [G: 6000 Rings] [WGB: Redeads]
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Laylong wrote:This may be pushing it, but I would find it useful to only be able to cards from "in print" sets. Maybe it could be added into the trophy menu. You can manually select which sets are allowed to show up. For example, I appreciate older sets, but I don't like nor want to look through anything considered pre 8th edition. So I can select only the newer sets to show up in the shop and not have to weed through old sets.
You could remove those sets from your Wagic install entirely by erasing their folders. A few AI decks won't work as expected anymore, though, but that could be fixed long term.