New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Suggestions and Ideas to improve the in-game deck editor
Post Reply
belux
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:34 am

New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by belux » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:49 am

Currently, wagic has a huge amount of cards, so browsing the collection in order to build a deck is becoming troublesome. :?
In the next release I'd like an advanced browsing system :idea: based on type and/or mana cost, like:

- land (already present)
- artifact (already present)
- black (already present)
- blue (already present)
- green (already present)
- red (already present)
- white (already present)

then each color should have a submenù filter based on the card type (ex for black):

- (black) creature
- (black) aura
- (black) sorcery
- (black) instant
- (black) equipment

finally, all the previous lists, should have a mana cost filter:

1 mana
- (black - sorcery) B
- (black - sorcery) XB

2 mana
- (black - sorcery) 1B
- (black - sorcery) BB

3 mana
- (black - sorcery) 2B
- (black - sorcery) 1BB
- (black - sorcery) BBB

4 mana
- (black - sorcery) 3B
- (black - sorcery) 2BB
- (black - sorcery) 1BBB
- (black - sorcery) BBBB
...
etc

obviously if a menù and/or a submenù has 0 cards in total, it should not be dysplayed.

what do you think about it? :mrgreen:
It's complicated programming it? :?:

nobody
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:27 am

Re: New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by nobody » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:39 pm

I agree, you should also be able to sort the current list by card type/casting cost/rarity/power/toughness instead of being forced to sort them by name.

wololo
Site Admin
Posts: 3727
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42 am
Location: Japan

Re: New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by wololo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:39 am

nobody wrote:you should also be able to sort the current list by card type/casting cost/rarity/power/toughness instead of being forced to sort them by name.
this is probably not doable in an acceptable CPU time

orine
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 4:36 am

Re: New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by orine » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:58 am

wololo wrote:
nobody wrote:you should also be able to sort the current list by card type/casting cost/rarity/power/toughness instead of being forced to sort them by name.
this is probably not doable in an acceptable CPU time
This is actually doable even for PSP.

For a private mod, I'm working on yet another collection browser (deck editor), which has a classical 2d catalog-style look and sorting capability. There are choices of doing sort by Name, Color, Quantity, Rarity, Type, Power, Toughness, ManaCost, and ID. My code works well (at least sorting), and all sorting procedures for all available cards (my WTH has 2189 cards) can be done in a moment. PSP is fast enough.

This mod is not finished yet, but I'd like to contribute my code asap. (i'm not an official coder of the WTH project)

belux
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:34 am

Re: New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by belux » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:32 am

orine wrote:
wololo wrote:
nobody wrote:you should also be able to sort the current list by card type/casting cost/rarity/power/toughness instead of being forced to sort them by name.
this is probably not doable in an acceptable CPU time
This is actually doable even for PSP.

For a private mod, I'm working on yet another collection browser (deck editor), which has a classical 2d catalog-style look and sorting capability. There are choices of doing sort by Name, Color, Quantity, Rarity, Type, Power, Toughness, ManaCost, and ID. My code works well (at least sorting), and all sorting procedures for all available cards (my WTH has 2189 cards) can be done in a moment. PSP is fast enough.

This mod is not finished yet, but I'd like to contribute my code asap. (i'm not an official coder of the WTH project)
cool, I'm really looking for it! :mrgreen:

abrasax
Posts: 976
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:46 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by abrasax » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:54 am

This mod is not finished yet, but I'd like to contribute my code asap. (i'm not an official coder of the WTH project)
You should !

Just ask wololo...

Your addition were great !!! The sleep modus is soooo cool, we cannot thank you enough for this one...

Hope to see you mod ASAP...

Grü.

L.
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder

DrLitebur
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:35 am

Re: New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by DrLitebur » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:22 pm

I'd be happy with just the sub-type filter (sourcery, instant, creatures, etc). It would make this a lot easier to filter and sort through. Not that I am complaining. The game is a lot of fun. I think it is one of the most used games on my PSP.

belux
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:34 am

Re: New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by belux » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:03 pm

DrLitebur wrote:I'd be happy with just the sub-type filter (sourcery, instant, creatures, etc). It would make this a lot easier to filter and sort through. Not that I am complaining. The game is a lot of fun. I think it is one of the most used games on my PSP.
No one here is complaining :)
I really think that "wagic" is the greatest homebreew every made on psp, but "the more hungry you are, the more hungry you become", and we (magic players) are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery hungry. :mrgreen:
Always thanks to wololo and the other coders!

Darth Agnon
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:00 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: New Advanced Browsing Card System?

Post by Darth Agnon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:55 pm

It would be nice to have a search by name function added to Wagic, as today, my Wagic has somewhere in the region of 10,000 cards, and finding specific cards is a bit of a pain.

Also, idea for a new deck editor browsing system: rather than display every card, with full artwork, in rows, which leads to lag and slow browsing (especially with artwork added and on the PSP), an alternate display method should be available (toggle in options), which displays cards in a grid, with the thumbnail artwork (will reduce lag, as well as fit more cards on screen, for faster browsing). At the top of the screen, there must be a little space to display the currently highlighted card's name. Clicking/pressing O/tapping on a card thumbnail can load the full artwork (NB full artwork for any card must Not be loaded, until such a request is sent, to avoid PSP ram limit problems) Other than that, the browsing system can be pretty much the same.

It would be great to see something like this, maybe in Wagic 0.2 (!).
Image
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66181
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/

Post Reply