Wagic Card Downloader v0.4

All add-on programm and tools for wagic
abrasax

Re: Wagic Card Downloader v0.2

Post by abrasax »

Please try to download the latest source again and make sure install Python Imaging Library (PIL) before download
PIL was installed... Nevertheless I will redownload the whole package again and try again. I could also post the message from Python IDE if that help you.

Note also that in your "ini" file some set translation are not correct (e.g. HOP = pch for Magiccardsinfo), Not a big deal but though you would like to know.

Thanks,

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
fjcanyue

Post by fjcanyue »

abrasax wrote:
I could also post the message from Python IDE if that help you.

Note also that in your "ini" file some set translation are not correct (e.g. HOP = pch for Magiccardsinfo), Not a big deal but though you would like to know.
I just downloaded the latest source code to my other computer, and it works well. Please post your console log, I'll try to figure it out.

HOP = pch (Planechase) is correct. I checked _cards.dat in HOP, and found it is Planechase set.
fjcanyue

Post by fjcanyue »

Saint wrote:
Curious though, do you need to use the dowloader in windows? Or is it possible to run it thru PSP wifi aswell with a PIL lib? (doubt it but worth to ask :) )
It's a good suggestion. Currently, I just download in windows, and transfer them to my PSP. ;)

I'm not good at PSP development, mabybe I should study how to port it to PSP platform.
Saint

Post by Saint »

fjcanyue wrote:
It's a good suggestion. Currently, I just download in windows, and transfer them to my PSP. ;)

I'm not good at PSP development, mabybe I should study how to port it to PSP platform.
Well if you have feeling for one program language your usually just a few steps away from another :) so it should be possible, might even become a Eboot patch wich adds the option (because obviously Wagic can not contain original art but if someone happens to create a patch wich adds the option that does the trick it just can't be helped can it :P, it could even trigger the card language in the downloader by selecting your game language at first run :) ), might be something for the future though wen the network libs are written and Wagic is able to go online to play, but for now it could be a standalone app that you run wich checks your psp directories and automaticly adds art :)
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

All is working fine, amazing !

I just have a small issue with ROE because although i putted "fr" it downloaded the german card from gatherer .... so if someone want the german ROE i gatherer quality just ask ....

there is a lot of sets that re not available in french from the gatherer (in fact nothing before 2007), could you help me to adapt your code tobe able to download from the french site I previously posted, I can easely download the images with a download manager but they re always not named correcty and it's always time consuming to rename them (even with some script because i need first to make a translation file).

Anyway great program, hope we will see a lot of new foreign language sets...

thanks again for allyour work.

Abra
We need your Help !!!

wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

fjcanyue wrote:
Saint wrote:
Curious though, do you need to use the dowloader in windows? Or is it possible to run it thru PSP wifi aswell with a PIL lib? (doubt it but worth to ask :) )

There's a python library for the PSP and this would be an awesome homebrew !
Saint

Post by Saint »

wololo wrote:
fjcanyue wrote:
Saint wrote:

There's a python library for the PSP and this would be an awesome homebrew !
Sweet that opens a whole new door, it could run as standalone app first and it might be able to get patched into wagic at some point! Awesome, really will save ALOT of work searching the right card packages with every update.
abrasax wrote:Hi,

All is working fine, amazing !

I just have a small issue with ROE because although i putted "fr" it downloaded the german card from gatherer .... so if someone want the german ROE i gatherer quality just ask ....

there is a lot of sets that re not available in french from the gatherer (in fact nothing before 2007), could you help me to adapt your code tobe able to download from the french site I previously posted, I can easely download the images with a download manager but they re always not named correcty and it's always time consuming to rename them (even with some script because i need first to make a translation file).

Anyway great program, hope we will see a lot of new foreign language sets...

thanks again for allyour work.

Abra
Well the program could always use gatherer as main source and another site as a backup source if the card isen't found in the language of choice. Shoulden't be to much hassle. :)
For me its pretty much perfect as it is because I play with English cards lol :P
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

This is awesome! Is there a way to download a just a certain set, without having to download all other sets?

Cheers!
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

This is awesome! Is there a way to download a just a certain set, without having to download all other sets?
Yes, just delete or move all the "set" folder you don't want to download and just let the one you want to download before you use the program...

e.g. you want to download 10E only, remove everything from the Sets folder and then just copy paste the 10E folder in the SETS folder.. that should do the trick.

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!

fjcanyue

Post by fjcanyue »

Saint wrote:
wololo wrote: There's a python library for the PSP and this would be an awesome homebrew !
Sweet that opens a whole new door, it could run as standalone app first and it might be able to get patched into wagic at some point! Awesome, really will save ALOT of work searching the right card packages with every update.
I'm trying to port my script to PSP Stackless Python as a standalone app. :)
Last edited by fjcanyue on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.