Just some small info about this program.
First you need .NET framework 3.5 (Already installed with Windows Vista /7)
It should also work on MAC OSX & LInux with Mono (Not tested)
normal usage should be to type mono MTGRenamer.exe
This app works a little differently than most I saw, and they are a lot. Just whipped this out for my personal use, but though I could share it with you.
It's primary use is to copy files you already have from one source to another without renaming or re downloading again.
They are already a couple of apps that do this, but I found them slow or were putting them in the wrong folders or were incomplete.
This app is different from most because it will look for cards in it's database and try to find the file on you computer and if it doesn't find them will download them from MagicCards.info.
The notable different is also that it will create the thumbnails (for Wagic (60 large) and zip them up, after that it will delete the loose files it the Wagic Folders.
So if you don't have a certain set just select it and it will download the missing cards.
This only works with .full cards and English Right now.
This file comes with a Database (GathererDownloaderDB.xml) this file is up to date up to the latest set (Premium Deck Serie3s : Graveborn) this file was created with the help of Gatherer Downloader (find it here http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3371 or http://ark42.com/mtg/).
It was tweaked a little bit to include the card Number for the earlier sets that didn't have them, these numbers come from the site MagicCards.info and are important to download cards.
You can use The Gatherer Downloader to download new sets info etc or to only load a part of the DB. By default the program will Load the GathererDownloaderDB.xml on startup, but you can load a different file by clicking on Load DB.
The other file is "Sets.txt", this one is also very important because it tells the app where to copy the cards. Again this is an almost exact copy of the Sets List from Gatherer Downloader, I have only tweaked it a bit.
It is a CSV file with up to 6 fields.
1 - Categories (For Magic Album)
2 - Wagic Set ID (This was changed from the Gatherer Downloader list, to match the right Wagic Codes)
3 - The Set names from the Gatherer (as it appears EXACTLY on the gatherer website, like iin the DB)
4 - [Optional] Magic Workstation Set ID, (if different from the Wagic one)
5 - [Optional] A Alternate set name (Without illegal character, used only for Magic Album)
6 - [Optional] The MagicCards.info Set id (used only if it is different from the Workstation one, this is my addition and should not be used in Gatherer Downloader)
Both these files need to be up to date if you ever want to add additional sets.
This is very much a work in progress so be careful.
- Fixed a problem with some Forge Cards not being read
- Added the Forge Format to the Deck Convertor (*.dck) files.
No set information is written, because forge will crash if the chosen set/card is not implemented in forge. But it does read them.
- If there is no Name metadata in the deck it will use the name of the file instead.
- In the Deck Editor, when right-clicking a basic land it only shows Zendikar full art land (previously it only showed the 10 most recent)
- Updated an incorrect Workstation Code & spelling mistake (From the Vault: Realms).
- Fixed a lot of bugs and improvements with Tokens.
- Fixed a problem where Planechase 2012 cards where not put inside the right folder of Magic Album.
- Removed some special character that prevented cards from being recognized by their respective program. (ö, é)
- Fixed some database problem with flip and side cards
- Updated database up to Gatecrash.
- Added the MTGO format to the Deck Convertor. (*.txt files)
- Removed obnoxious Menu to Load Deck Editor and instead put 2 radio buttons for the Image Location.
- Did some UI changes. Added some icons in the Convertor and cleaned up the interface a lot.
- Right-clicking a card in the Deck Editor will always show alternate names/Sets, before it was only when a card was not in the DB.
- Saving as the same type is now permitted.
- The Input & Output Dir will now be remembered in a portable ini file.
- The selected deck folder will now be remembered and auto load.
- Added Izzet vs. Golgari to the Database (The Wagic Code maybe wrong I have extrapolated it from the past sets)
- Updated an incorrect Workstation Code (Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth)
- Updated Database up to From the Vault: Realms
- Fixed Database for Flip Card images not being named correctly in Magic Album (I don't think Workstation support double-sided cards)
- Fixed Problem where Flip / Double cards where not Loaded correctly inside the Deck Viewer
- Added Support for Emblem being treated like Tokens.
- Updated Database for Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth & Avacyn Restored
- Fixed Sets.txt downloading wrong pics for Mirrodin.
- Added a Deck Viewer / Converter and it is very much a Beta Version (It can Read/output files from MWS, Apprentice & Wagic)
- Added Cards from Dark Ascension in the Database.
- Made a small tweak for some Tokens.
- Fixed Ravnica missing info in Sets.txt
- Faster performance when Processing Tokens, when not all the sets are selected (300ms vs 10000ms with only 1 Set)
- Added a checkbox that will change the way the tool works, it will set the Real name of the set inside of the _cards.dat files.
Just make sure that you select the set or sets that you want to edit and that the destination you choose is your "sets" folder and the type is set to Wagic
- Added support for Tokens. For Wagic it will find if a Token is needed and create a "t" version of the file.
- Found a problem where flip cards would not be downloaded from MagicCards.info (Link below is updated)
Also here is the Source Code available. Please give credit if you use this code. Mostly send your updates so everyone can benefit form them.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88362140/MTG%20Renamer%20%26%20Downloader%20v1.2-Source%20Code.zip 3.5 MB
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88362140/MTG%20Renamer%20%26%20Downloader%20v1.2.1.zip 3.1 MB
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88362140/MTG%20Renamer%20%26%20Downloader%20v1.2.1.rar 1.5 MB