1st Official Wagic Deck Competition - TALK

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.

Which deck will win the 1st AI Deck Competition?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:14 am

Rack them all by whismer
11%
Death by gnosis
No votes
SilverBlade by AzureKnight
33%
Corruption by Niegen
No votes
Eviscerator by colarchon
11%
Relentless by Szei
11%
Good Knight by r1c47
33%
EnchantG by whismer
No votes

Total votes: 9

whismer

Re: 1st Official Wagic Deck Competition!

Post by whismer »

I'm in the last phase of testing my deck!!!

he will be ready by saturday!

whismer
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

how do i set ai vs ai on specific decks? can i do that? i'd like to see how my deck performs vs. the current ai decks..
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

flad_nag wrote:how do i set ai vs ai on specific decks? can i do that? i'd like to see how my deck performs vs. the current ai decks..
You have two options:

1. Go to the folder Res/ai/baka. Make a backup of the files deckt1.txt, deck2.txt, and deck3.txt. Then overwrite deck1.txt with your own deck, overwrite deck2.txt with the deck you want your deck to play against, and remove deck3.txt. Then start the gamem click on "Play" and then "Demo". This will start random matches between all AIs, but since you've removed the third AI, the game will only see the first two AI decks. This means you have a 50% chance to see a game between these two decks (and a 50% to see one of the two decks playing against itself).

2. Download my GameStateDuel mod from this thread. This is a source code mod, so in order to use it, you have to replace the original source files with the ones from the mod and then recompile the Wagic executable. This post has instructions for obtaining and compiling the sources (but you know them already ;) ). If everything works, then you'll be able to select the AIs that you want to play against each other. You can also select your deck as first (or second) player, and let the engine randomly select one of the other decks for your opponent. Or you can let your deck play against a "gauntlet", in that case it will play once against each AI deck, from first to last.

Caveat: the code in this mod has grown horribly convoluted (it was about the first code I wrote in C++ and for Wagic), so I wouldn't recommend it for general use. You can always revert the files to the "regular" SVN version by right-clicking on them and choosing "Tortoise SVN -> SVN Revert". Then you can build the official Wagic executable again.
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

thanks! gonna try the 2nd method!
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

hi, i got an error during compilation:
\wagic\ai_tester\projects\mtg\src\aiplayer.cpp(743) : error C2039: 'updateStats' : is not a member of 'AIStats'
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

may i ask where i can see the gauntler option?
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

flad_nag wrote:may i ask where i can see the gauntler option?
It's on the bottom of the list of decks, near "Random" and "Cancel".
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

flad_nag wrote:hi, i got an error during compilation:
\wagic\ai_tester\projects\mtg\src\aiplayer.cpp(743) : error C2039: 'updateStats' : is not a member of 'AIStats'
can you please help me on this?
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

flad_nag wrote:
flad_nag wrote:hi, i got an error during compilation:
can you please help me on this?
Hmm, it seems the files I uploaded (a while ago) aren't compatible anymore with the latest source code. There can't be much of a difference, probably there's just a line or two missing. But I'm not at home and can't fix it from here. You can either wait a couple of hours until I upload updated files, or you can try this: Find the files src/aiplayer.cpp and include/aiplayer.h, right-click on each of them, then choose "SVN Update" in the context menu. Tortoise (I assume you're using it) will then try to update the file you clicked on. Tortoise will then try to merge my version of the file with the most recent version in the SVN repository. If the differences are minimal, then this should work. If not, you'll get a conflict warning in red letters.
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Updated AI Test Mode mod now available here.