Custom AI decks UPDATED 2013/08/27

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.
jeremy

Re: Custom decks (Player & AI) UPDATED 2009/10/01

Post by jeremy »

[The extension 7z has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

as per requested, I put it in a 7zip type file tho, 63 different avatar pictures, this board doesn't allow more then 250 kb upload.
as for the discussion with Psyringe , yeah i agree 1 last thing before we move it to a new thread, is "Indestructibility" aura working? We could have it not be able to targeted all-together with shroud even to the player, function with that aura and have it auto tap per turn with an effect like goblin assault so that it autotaps per turn, taking the decision out of the players hand. Not sure how the code works for targets, but if the counters were non attack/life, would stuff like honor of the pure still affect it.

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

head over to this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48 to get the collection tool if you want to save time n get to try out this deck faster.
ok theres some edit and fixes to do before you play this deck, if you haven't fixed the 2 cards already that is.
I'm suprised 2nd sunrise of mirrodin block isn't coded in but maybe its the lands return to play issue, this needs further testing.
for now heres a deck that works with the addition of 1 power 9 card. It works fine without, but is so much cooler with it in. ( in the sense that instead of sacrificing it to ironworks, its better to sacrifice it to itself n get the extra mana.

add black lotus to a set, be it RV and place an unused number for its ID, then change all the 999999 IDs I used to that ID

5DN Krark-Clan Ironworks(before you have to tap to sacrifice)
change the auto line to
auto={S(artifact|myBattlefield)}:Add:{2}

Exo City of Traitors(before no mana was added when activated.)
change the auto line to
auto=@movedTo(land|mybattlefield):bury
auto={T}:Add {2}

okay now to the decklist.
4 black lotus -- change to sol ring/grim monolith/mana vault if your uncomfortable using this. Or do that change then take 1 copy out n add another blaze/ironworks in
1 blaze -- finisher I found that feedback bolt works just as well and makes ironworks not as important due to the high amounts of artifacts the deck uses.
4 chromatic sphere -- cantrip
4 chromatic star -- cantrip but interestingly enough, still draws if sacrificed to ironworks.
4 darkwater egg --cantrip
1 Filigree Angel --massive lifegain
1 Krark-clan ironworks -- keycard, add more if you feel insecure or if you think it'll get exiled
4 Lotus Petal -- helps a little at first then becomes 2 free mana when used with ironworks.
4 Mossfire Egg --cantrip
4 Open the vaults -- gets better with every use, slower version of 2nd sunrise without the land returning to play
2 Reminisce -- incase your key card either got discarded or you think you'll deck yourself soon, in that case 2 copies can be cycled indefintely.
4 Roar of Reclamation --like Open the vault but more expensive by 1 mana
1 Salvage Slasher --well incase you want to swing at them big, combines a semi howl from beyond buff due to the way this deck works.
1 Scrapheap --life gain if cast early to delay quick burn/stompy decks
4 Skycloud Egg --cantrip
4 Terrarion --cantrip n draws a card when sacrificed to ironworks
4 Tolarian Academy -- starts generating insane amounts of mana once open the vaults is cast
4 Urza's Factory -- in case you need a delay, pumps out 2/2 chump blockers that can block n get sacrificed for 2 mana while blocking.
4 Academy Ruins -- replace with ancient tomb if you feel the need for more acceleration, especially if you remove black lotus, for now I use it to restack the used lotus till I can get a copy of open the vault should I need to cycle some cards.

instructions.
not much to do in your opening turns, cast a few artifacts, do some drawing, the deck doesn't zoom off till you hit a Tolarian/ironworks combo. I'd say wait till turn 5 to go off all at once and draw for that Tolarian then. Best cast scenario has 2 blacklotus in hand with a tolarian and some cantrips and 1 open the vaults, with you drawing into a few catnips then ironworks. In that case turn 3 kill is viable. The only thing is this deck isn't consistent n totally depends on luck, but is dang cool when it goes off as you can literally gain a fist full of life and do a hundred damage all in 1 turn. Once it goes off you also draw your whole deck. I'm sure more tweaking can be done, any changes you guys suggest sure are welcome.
Hope you have fun literally bullying the computer.
Rgds Jer
oh and some additional tips vs its more difficult matchups.
vs sligh/burn/weenie decks try n go off as soon as turn 3-4, the additional lifegain should hold them at bay for enough time till you can draw your deck
vs control/drawgo hold back some mana in case they counter open the vaults, that and hold onto Reminisce as if you have lots of mana and they counter your 20 damage fireball, you can cast open the vaults again leaving blaze/feedback bolt in graveyard, then remi n do a single cantrip to draw it to fire another time at them.
vs discard/mill cast as much as you can, your trying to keep your hand empty so their shooting "blanks", milling decks actually help you, as once you get enough mana for open the vaults n draw it, they suddenly eat a gameover blaze to the face that turn.
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Came up with this while messing around with a B/W token deck.

AI deck with avatar provided
deck list
3 Disenchant
2 Glorious Anthem
4 Honor of the pure
4 Kinsbaile Cavalier
4 Knight of the medowgrain
4 Leonin Skyhunter
4 Lionheart Maverick
4 Sigiled Paladin
3 Swords to Plowshares
2 Thistledown Liege
4 White Knight
4 Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers
20 Plains
If the com gets a good draw, you'll be in for a surprise as early as the 4th turn, and if you don't have an answer, you die on the 5th turn.
Simple enough creature based deck so the com shouldn't have any problems handling it.
rgds- Jer
oh n while messing with BW tokens I noticed bitter blossom didn't take 1 life per upkeep.
auto=@each my upkeep:life-1 controller
should have an : added after life.
auto=@each my upkeep:life:-1 controller
Too bad the computer can't seem to handle it properly yet, was playing around with a token generating Skittering deck to go around the drawback of skirge n horror. That and soul warden to get around bitter blossom's life drain.
till next time,
rgds Jer
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

jeremy wrote: 2 Glorious Anthem
4 Honor of the pure
4 Kinsbaile Cavalier
4 Knight of the medowgrain
(...)
That's *so* close to a white knight deck I've been working on this week, that my deck will look like plagiarism when I release it. ;) I left the Lionhead Maverick out (fearing that the AI might cripple its ability to summon creatures for the Maverick's rather expensive ability, which thenmight even get wasted if the AI thinks it still isn't strong enough to attack), and I have Skyhunter Patrols insted of the Sigiled Paladin (the AI doesn't understand "Exalted" very well, and I wanted a bit more air defense).

In any case, this is definitely the kind of deck that the AI currently likes to play. Good work! :)
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I actually tested it out a few times with my control n some times with my burn deck.
Lost to it if I don't hit my land drop every turn =(
that turn 4 double strike usually kills if I can't answer for it.
and Psyringe: the more the merrier.
I was playing around with 2 more decks if you wanna latch on, just that they're not as suitable for AI.
Basically it centers around lots and lots of tokens and control, with sacrificial effects to use all these to card advantage, like slinging them or drawing cards, etc
Spectral Procession, raise the alarm, bitter blossom, dragon fodder,rise of the hobgoblin, goblin assault with soul warden to gain massive life.
any ideas Psyringe?
-jer

Here's the file I was working with before thinking of adding Red to it. Do you think playing it as a 3 color deck would cripple the AI decision making process?
perhaps sacrifice tokens to Nantuko Husk or Scarland Thrinax? too bad the com is kinda iffy when using sacrificing hijinks.
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

@Psyringe
hmm perhaps its due to not being able to answer for the double strike lord aura of Kinsbaile Cavalier which costs 3{w}, since the pump for lionheart needs 4{w} in order to function. As for exalted, I included it in for the odd turns that it casts n attacks first, I tried capashen knight but it kept pumping it.(same with kjeldoran knight) well in general I was trying to avoid having any outlet for the com pump wise on turn 3 n 4 so they'd cast glorious anthem and Kinsbaile respectively. Perhaps take him out for Youthful knight instead?
or perhaps more taking them out for more sky defence like skyhunter Skirmisher and prowler.
Heres the deck where I took sigiled out for skyhunter prowler instead.

-jer
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Niegen: I've noticed that "Bad Dreams" and "Magnivore" have not been added to the SVN yet. I'll do that today or tomorrow - I assume that your "bien sur" from this post also covers the decks released afterwards. Give me a shout if I'm wrong. ;)

Btw, I'm doing a preliminary AI comparison right now, and your decks are performing pretty well. Especially Elfball, which is definitely one of the three most powerful decks in Wagic so far. Jihad and Spectral Rack are currently in the top ten as well. The numbers still have a huge margin of error due to the small amount of games they are based on, but it's already showing that these are formidable decks. Thanks again for building them. :)

@Jeremy - I just realized I never answered your two last posts, sorry for that. I'm a bit pressed for time currently. If your questions are still open, please repeat them, I'll do my best to find the time to answer them.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

The PSP is unfortunately suffering from the massive amount of decks that are now available. We need to implement caching sooner than later, the opponent's deck menu is taking too long to appear...
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

wololo wrote:The PSP is unfortunately suffering from the massive amount of decks that are now available. We need to implement caching sooner than later, the opponent's deck menu is taking too long to appear...
Would it help to read in the AI deck names and the stats into an array at program start? The names don't change anyway (unless the user adds or changes files manually), so there's no need to read them in again each time a new AI deckmenu is constructed. The stats don't need to be read in each time either, although they probably should be *saved* after each game,to preserve the data in case of crashes. Implementing this would lose us the ability to swap in new AI deck files while the program is running, but I don't think that's too important.
Niegen

Post by Niegen »

Psyringe wrote:Niegen: I've noticed that "Bad Dreams" and "Magnivore" have not been added to the SVN yet. I'll do that today or tomorrow - I assume that your "bien sur" from this post also covers the decks released afterwards. Give me a shout if I'm wrong. ;)
Yes, no problem, that is the entire purpose of the thread, provide AI decks, so if they are integrated into the SVN, I consider it an honor. I would love to be able to help code too, however, I have too little free time for that (coding c# 8 hours a day for a living already...)
Psyringe wrote:Btw, I'm doing a preliminary AI comparison right now, and your decks are performing pretty well. Especially Elfball, which is definitely one of the three most powerful decks in Wagic so far. Jihad and Spectral Rack are currently in the top ten as well. The numbers still have a huge margin of error due to the small amount of games they are based on, but it's already showing that these are formidable decks. Thanks again for building them. :)
Glad to hear that! That is what I was aiming for: powerful decks that would be hard to beat, even with a finely tuned deck.

Edit: My own take on a Mill deck ("Millage") is different from deck28 from the SVN, you might want to try adding it too, for testing.
dvdira

Post by dvdira »

Hi. Don't know if this post should be here, so I apologize in advance if it shouldn't. In any case, I just wanted to report that under the current system, the AI is not targeting properly, or to be more specific, not using its spells more "wisely". For example, in the spectral rack deck, the AI will cast a "Last Gasp" on a 4/4 creature. The AI also does not block and attack properly or more "wisely". Sometimes, it will refrain from attacking when I am on 2 life, and the AI has 5 creatures against my 3. All it takes is to have at least 1 or 2 creatures with bigger power/toughness on the board, and the AI stops attacking.

These are, of course, in the greater scheme of things very minor issues. It would be nice though if targeting, attacking and blocking decisions can be made better, since the logic involved is really not that complicated. Hope this can be addressed in the future.

I also have a noobish question regarding the avatars. How do I install them properly? I dragged all of the posted avatar pictures and put them into the ai folders, but when I get to the play screen, the default avatar is always the one up. Thanks in advance