Custom AI decks UPDATED 2013/08/27

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.
Psyringe

Re: Custom decks (Player & AI) UPDATED 2009/10/01

Post by Psyringe »

jeremy wrote:Pming you after I finish uploading.
Thanks, got it. I'll add your decks to my comparison as soon as I start the next round.
Niegen wrote:Well, I don't mind Magnivore still being into the SVN, however, where are we with the 64 AI decks limit? If the limit is still there, by all mean, keep it out of the SVN for now.
The limit is gone, but we're in "feature lock" mode now, preparing for a (hopefully) upcoming release in a few weeks, as mentioned in wololo's blog. I'll add the Magnivore deck immediately after the next release, when feature lock is lifted.
Niegen wrote:A shame! But what was the result of the Elfball Vs Treefolk match? :)
Let me check ... oh. Elfball won both its "home" (when it was playing first) and "away" (when it was playing second) match against Treefolk!
jeremy

Re: Custom decks (Player & AI) UPDATED 2009/10/01

Post by jeremy »

I'm still experimenting with what cards work well together, and straying away from mass discard/creature kill as Spectral Rack already focuses on that.
What I ended up with was a mix of card advantage, disruption, Tarmogoyf backed by discard for the early game, with an army from Nath during the end game.
Its too bad I couldn't find any instant speed discard, as most games I eventually discarded the AI till 1 card. Anyways theres a mix of card types here to pump Tarmogoyf as early as possible. Coarse the AI wouldn't do this but a neat trick would be to cast Hymn to Tourach on yourself to discard more card types n feed Tarmogoyf for an early beatdown.

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

3 Darksteel Ingot - mana fixer, bonus they can't disenchant this
4 Doom blade - creature kill for larger non black stuff
3 Exercutioner's Capsule - essentially doom blade that adds an artifact to your graveyard
3 Geth's Grimoire - each time they discard, you get to draw a card
4 Hymn to Tourach - discard n sorcery for Tammy goodness
4 Hypnotic Spectre - constantly keeps them at 0 cards if they have no flier available
4 Nath of the Gilt-Leaf - this guy is da bomb, 4/4 for 5 that makes them discard every upkeep n everytime you make them discard with whatever method pumps out 1/1 elf chump blockers, till you amass an army and run all over them.
4 Peppersmoke - tribal n early weenie kill
4 Tarmogoyf - the star of the deck, a 2 mana drop that quickly escalates to a 5/6 fattie beatdown
4 The Rack - hey might as well make them die faster for having an empty hand
3 Weakness - early creature kill and pump tammy
4 Llanowar Wastes - mana fixer
4 Twilight Mire - mana fixer
5 Forest
7 Swamps

Haven't played much late game yet, tho having Geth, Nath, Spectre,Rack and Tarmogoyf out should be pretty scary.
You make them discard on upkeep which acts like a one way howling mine for you, get free weenies for making them toss cards and finally beat them down with 5/6 Tarmogoyfs.
jeremy

Re: Custom AI decks UPDATED 2009/10/01

Post by jeremy »

Here's somewhat of a more challenging AI deck, mostly due to the bug of landfall bonus sticking around after the end of turn.
Includes a bunch of new zendikar cards(and some from older cards like the kamigawa block).
decklist:
4 Akki Raider fetch lands going into graveyard pumps this guy up
4 Arid Mesa fetch land
4 Isamaru, Hound of Konda solid 2/2 for w
4 Jackal Familiar almost like hound but with a little drawback
4 Knights of the Meadowgrain lifegain to help cushion the fetch land pain
4 Lightning Bolt 3 dmg for R yummy
4 Lightning Helix heals you and does 3 dmg too
4 Plated Geopede each land coming into play makes him bigger
4 Scalding Tarn fetch land
4 Steppe Lynx same abilities as geopede but only cost W
4 Swords to Plowshare solid removal, especially for fatties that you can't bolt away
4 Windswept Heath fetch land
6 Mountains
6 Plains
I gathered that this deck would be more suited to the AI as they can't function with dual lands, and basically each land they play will pump the weenies till they think they're big enough to attack with.
-have fun.

I would have liked to add green for a multi colored deck but Knight of the Reliquary's sacrifice search function isn't working right?
(allows you to choose from deck, but unable to come out of deck mode n choose sacrificial land without canceling.)
edit:
Put in 3 Nobilis of War, 3 Tattermunge Maniac, 4 Knight of the Meadowgrain and 3 Elite Vanguard.
seems to help the synergy better and allow for a late game card that would be just enough to end in the next combat phase.
that and added an avatar, n replaced all the basic lands with zendikar types.

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Niegen

Re: Custom AI decks UPDATED 2009/10/01

Post by Niegen »

:lol:
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... aily/td/68

Scroll down to The Not-Quite-Combo Deck

Angelism at its best!
Niegen

Re: Custom AI decks UPDATED 2013/08/27

Post by Niegen »

Updated my "Corruption" deck, see OP for details.
Sounds like a necro, but it isn't :)
rawsugar

Post by rawsugar »

been away for close to three years raising a child. The runt is old enough to be set out in the wilderness now with a few sharp blades to help her survive and I wanted to get back to this game and my project of updating the AI that i had to abandon. So it's great to see that it's already well on its way:)

so what is the status? is there some semiofficial release I can download with decks that have been verified by several people as strong and with hints and toggled difficulty implemented?

I remember having 2 serious issue with my first attempt (basically just converting the easy to pilot decksin my player folder to the AI folder):
1 AI would only attack if total power of its creatures exceeded the total power of players creatures...regardles of number of creatures and lifetotal. Can i use hints to work around this? I know I can make each creature always atack can I write just 1 line making all my creatures do so
2 AI had a lot of trouble figuring out which spells were beneficial and which weren't. is there a fix here?
3 can i teach AI to usually/always use alternative casting costs? like fireblast

on a sidenote: is it true that some of the latest releases aren't included?
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

toggleddifficulty and the other deck tools all work independently, there are about 40 new deck that got added to wagic that use these tools, the only tool unused was toggledificulty itself. the repository is moved to github, not sure if its mentioned anywhere, it autocompiles so there is always a "fresh release" look through the wiki for more info :)
rawsugar

Post by rawsugar »

ahh crepes i remember how long it took me to figure that out last time - hope it goes better this time:P
pankdm

Post by pankdm »

rawsugar wrote:ahh crepes i remember how long it took me to figure that out last time - hope it goes better this time:P
The official announcement of moving to github is here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=65935.
Regarding the semiofficial release: It depends on the platform you want to use.
Latest git commit to master branch of git is fairly stable, so you can always compile it by yourself (if you know how).
Tacoghandi usually makes latest repo builds for windows and psp here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380.
I usually download the latest Android build (and create manually a new core_**.file if needed) from here https://drone.io/github.com/WagicProject/wagic/files.

About the latest sets from wizards: everything implemented before Theros and M14 (which are partly coded by community -- check the corresponding threads) is available in git.