Monkey Island Set

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.
darkmatter

Monkey Island Set

Post by darkmatter »

Seems like a good way to start my posting here. Oh and by the way, a massive thank you to the creator of Wagic, I rarely get a chance to play TCGs, so even if it is against Ai I enjoy it. My local card shop (and tourny place) shut down a while ago, so I was restricted playing Magic and Yugioh, obviously Tag Force gets my Yugioh gaming time :p

But yeah, I feel that a Monkey Island Set would be a great addition to Wagic, it is a concept rather than anything set in stone, which I will be properly starting on tonight. However I would like it to be balanced, so thats why I think I should design the set before actually creating any of the cards.

Although I will have a proper look into it later, I am going to post a list of characters here - if any one wants to post ideas - introduce themselves to me - laugh at my pitiful ideas (:p) - tell me there is already a MI set, or whatever, I'd be glad to here from you :).

So heres a few less obvious ones I think could be a laugh (obviously it will expand, Lands can be locations, artifacts, could be pick-up items, etc.)

Murray (skull)
Lechimp
Voodoo Lady

- I have my tea, sorry for the short finish, Ill actually have a list in 30 mins!!!
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Monkey Island Set

Post by wololo »

There are lots of cool locations in Monkey Island that can be used as lands.
and the characters...I wish Wagic had Planeswalkers, it would be cool to fight with Lechuck as a planeswalker (black obviously :D )
darkmatter

Post by darkmatter »

I am fairly busy currently, but here is my first ever attempt at a card (they will improve/ be updated!)

If anyone has ideas for flavor texts, cards themselves or whatever, say them and id I use them you'll be credited in either a readme file with the completed collection or on the card itself..
darkmatter

Post by darkmatter »

Here are a couple of others. Some of the pictures are rubbish, most are unfinished, and I'm not sure if "the death starfish" is possible with Wagic, but this will be it for today:
I like this one the most, but would be extremely tricky for me to code, I'd imagine. Even if it were possible...

Crappy picture, but I think the monkeys "leadership" qualities are expressed in Captain Lechimp here.

Everyones favorite talking skull, Murray! I didn't really know what I could do with a talking skull, but I decided he can never die, and as such I made him a cheap invincible wall... Anyone got any ideas for the best sub-character of the series, let me know! Apologises for the picture again, Im gonna be doing my own screenshots and edit them for the full pictures, these are very rushed.
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

If I were you, I will try first to find a lot of cool picture and then begin to create cards on them...

Try deviantart, you will find a lot of cool stuff that can be used like:

or even:

That you could put on a nice background..

Also some nice pics here:

http://vip.telltalegames.com/files/monk ... pts060109/
http://www.worldofmi.com/features/fan/a ... mageid=158
http://www.worldofmi.com/features/fan/a ... w_from=100
http://media.multiplayer.it/images/2009 ... pc.img.jpg

Also you could make a logo with the big M of the monkey island logo...

Grüssi

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
darkmatter

Post by darkmatter »

brilliant idea, thanks!
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

I do some artwork in my freetime. I did some Monkey Island stuff, too. Ask me, if you need anything :).

yoda01

Post by yoda01 »

@kaioshin, the last image looks like Liam Neeson, awesome job!
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

yep, your artwork is amazing.
dang, I think I'm ok as a programmer, but when I see the drawing skills of some people out there, I'm always amazed.
Anyone could code with enough training, but art? That requires a gift.
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

:lol: :lol: Thanks! Everybody seems to react the same way on this picture: "Looks like Liam Neeson!" ... kinda funny :)