AI decks

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.
KF1

Re: AI decks

Post by KF1 »

I must say, the AI has been very impressive lately.

I have played several games now on my PSVita and on Windows 7 where on my turn I cast Go For The Throat against a Cloudfin Raptor in an AI test deck.

The AI had an Ashnod's Transmogrant in play and used that on the Cloudfin Raptor in response to my Go For The Throat. Very impressive indeed!

The AI uses Ashnod's Transmogrant offensively too. It will use it on your creatures and then cast Naturalize to eliminate it! So cool!

Keep up the great work!
excessum

Post by excessum »

For the new #HINT:good, the only example I think of is Beacon of Immortality which the AI will cast on the opponent (laughable...). For the wacky cards like Heartless Summoning, the AI will very rarely cast it outside of #combohints so I doubt this will be a good place to use #HINT:good.

I am quite curious about KF1's example though...In my experience, the AI will never ever sacrifice permanents unless it is immediately after it is cast (Mogg Fanatic). Things like Chromatic Star, Khalni Heart Expedition and Shrine of Burning Rage will just sit around forever so I am not sure what triggered the sacrifice decision. Even more baffling is that the AI can use it as an interrupt (opponentturn) AND to obtain the type(artifact) ability for targeted creature. I would have expected it to sacrifice for the +1 counter rather than the type change so this is indeed surprising. Maybe Zethfox can help explain this sequence?
Wan73d

Post by Wan73d »

Hi Excessum,

Thankyou kindly for your work on these decks.
I have recently tried them, and I have been using them to play both as my own deck and vs an AI with these decks. However, I have found that some of them use cards from sets that are not in the current version of wagic. 0.18.6. This has meant that the AI and/or myself would just be continually drawing mana, but rarely any creatures (because they were not in the contained sets).
So then I have to go into the core and put in sets such as return to ravnica or gatecrash etc.
While i'm ok with this, there's I can't be sure that I have put absolutely every set into the core that these decks require. (if i just search for every set currently coded on these forums, then i could probably get all of them, but might miss a couple...maybe......but will never be sure of this unless i thoroughly check your deck compositions, and keep an eye out for the AI or myself drawing too much mana).

Is it true that you have cards from say return to ravnica?
And do you have a list of the expansion sets your decks require for addition to the core folder?

Sorry about the long post. Hope I've described everything ok.
excessum

Post by excessum »

Hi Wan73d, sorry if my decks caused any confusion...it is based on the SVN builds described here https://code.google.com/p/wagic/wiki/Compiling. The current build already contains the two released expansions of Return to Ravnica so those missing cards should appear if you use the SVN builds instead of the current release (0.18.6).
Wan73d

Post by Wan73d »

Hi excessum,

Thanks for that info. I'm slightly noob, but not too noob. I've had a look through that SVN in the file structure to see if there's any part in it that shows the sets included. I couldn't find anything. Do you or anyone else know if there is anywhere in that file structure that indicates the builds included?

I'm using ios (iphone 5) to play this so I'm not sure there is an SVN for ios (?). There certainly isn't a compilation guide on how to compile for ios. So I add additional sets into the core folder of the as-installed files.

Anyway, I've just found that there's no easy way of being sure that I or anyone playing will have all the cards required for yours or even anyone's decks. Would be cool if the game had a way of notifying you. Otherwise you have to manually check yourself. I guess add that to the list of wagic nice to haves lol.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

on pc/linux , bin->res->sets
on android/ios devices , res->sets in the "core" zip.
the cards supported are in sets->primitives->mtg.txt
the cards excessum uses are all supported. although run from the svn build. all ex's decks will be in the next release. so as soon (really soon) as we wrap up a release. they will be included.
Wan73d

Post by Wan73d »

Thanks Zeth,

I understood most of that was the situation already though. I don't think there is an SVN build and compilation guide available for ios, so that's why I basically have to add the sets myself in the core file. I've been adding the major ones such as RTR, but can never be too sure that excessums decks don't draw from smaller expansions I don't have. Such as before I had added any additional sets, all the AI would do would be to draw land, because the sets that deck used werent in my core file.

Anyways, good news, I found sort of what I was after. Here's a link to the list of current sets in the latest SVN. So basically I can just check I've got all those or as close to it as possible in my ios core file.

http://wagic.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/p ... /Res/sets/

And great news on the upcoming new release! Really looking forward to it. I hope the ios build comes out with the others.
This is great stuff.

Anyway, I'll let you guys go back to discussing decks.
Wan73d

Post by Wan73d »

Zethfox,
Actually i've now found that modifying the core file zip myself and replacing hasn't been working.

Please see this thread here for my description if you have any ideas.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29390&p=57242#p57242

And everyone else please carry on with this great thread.
excessum

Post by excessum »

Ok i tried out both #HINT:bad(Beacon of Immortality) and #HINT:good(Beacon of Immortality) and the AI still insists on casting it on the player so am I missing something here? What exactly is the syntax using #combohint for targeting itself (the player)?

For some strange reason, the following line will always fail:

Code: Select all

#HINT:combo hold(Cloudshift|myhand)^until(creature[blah]|mybattlefield)^cast(Cloudshift|myhand) targeting(creature[blah]|mybattlefield)^totalmananeeded({W})
The AI will tap {W} and then nothing happens. If Cloudshift is replaced with Ethereal Armor, the sequence works perfectly so the syntax should be correct.

I assume that combohint does not support multiple targets for spells yet? Using any spells that requires multiple targets such as Ghostly Flicker, regardless of whether zero or one target is specified, will immediately crash the game when the AI attempts the combo. It might be worthwhile to indicate this somewhere like wiki just in case someone stumbles into this issue by accident.

Last but not least, another Goblin deck. This one is largely built around getting Krenko into play to begin his endless swarm of goblin doom. It plays like a combination of my earlier Goblins and Boros Token decks, mixing removal and cheap tokens. The higher end Goldnight Commander and Aurelia allows for cheap combo-like finishes if Krenko is in play.

Code: Select all

#NAME:Krenko's Legion
#DESC:Modern RW Aggro
#HINT:dontattackwith(Krenko, Mob Boss)
#HINT:dontattackwith(Goldnight Commander)
#HINT:dontattackwith(Goblin Chieftain)
#HINT:dontblockwith(creature[-token])
#HINT:combo hold(Flame Slash|myhand)^until(creature[toughness<=4]|opponentbattlefield)^cast(Flame Slash|myhand) targeting(creature[toughness>=3]|opponentbattlefield)^totalmananeeded({R})
#HINT:combo hold(Lightning Helix|myhand)^until(creature[toughness<=3]|opponentbattlefield)^cast(Lightning Helix|myhand) targeting(creature[toughness<=3]|opponentbattlefield)^totalmananeeded({R}{W})
#HINT:combo hold(Legion Loyalist|myhand)^cast(Legion Loyalist|myhand)^restriction{type(Legion Loyalist|mybattlefield)~lessthan~1}~totalmananeeded({R})
#HINT:combo hold(Goblin Chieftain|myhand)^cast(Goblin Chieftain|myhand)^restriction{type(Goblin Chieftain|mybattlefield)~lessthan~1}~totalmananeeded({1}{R}{R})

#18 creatures
#4 1-drops
Legion Loyalist * 4
#6 3-drops
Goblin Chieftain * 4
Goblin King (9ED) * 2
#6 4-drops
Krenko, Mob Boss * 4
Goldnight Commander * 2
#2 6-drops
Aurelia, the Warleader * 2

#16 spells
Krenko's Command * 4
Dragon Fodder * 4
Flame Slash * 4
Lightning Helix * 4

#2 enchantments
Intangible Virtue * 2

#24 lands
Plateau (ME4) * 4
Clifftop Retreat * 4
Mountain (M13) * 10
Plains (AVR) * 6
Wan73d

Post by Wan73d »

Nice deck excessum.
I gave it a go vs this deck while also using it myself. No shame to say it beat me.