AI decks

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.
Zethfox

Re: AI decks

Post by Zethfox »

restriction{opponentendofturnonly} is incorrect restriction{opponentendonly} is the correct way to write that
excessum

Post by excessum »

#HINT:combo hold(Vision Skeins|myhand)^cast(Vision Skeins|myhand)^restriction{opponentendonly}^totalmananeeded({1}{U}) will cause the AI to hold and eventually VIsion Skeins even when it has open mana at the desired phase and no other combos preventing the spell to be cast.

Another thing, the Intruder Alarm mass token spam is now randomly triggering instead of immediately when it becomes available. For example, the AI will spawn 5 to 6 tokens when the hasted spawner is cast, then a few more at each of the opponent's phases, until the maximum tokens are reached eventually. This is very annoying since the player will not know when the AI intends to stop as it uses the spawning/untap as an interrupt action for no real reason. Either restrict this to the time when the spawner is cast, or at opponentendonly where it actually has strategic value.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

#HINT:combo hold(Vision Skeins|myhand)^cast(Vision Skeins|myhand)^restriction{opponentendonly}^totalmananeeded({1}{U})
have you tried it with an until( in it?
excessum

Post by excessum »

The scenarios where I need the endofturn restriction do not require an until() so I never tried that. Is is necessary for it to be included? I have tested a number of hints without until() and using restriction{} and they seem to work fine.

By the way, I have finished the 18 decks which I feel are up to par. Only two decks need the above restriction{} so if you need the decks now, I can forgo the use of those hints and just let the AI use them as it sees fit.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Well the sooner we can get them the better, Im hoping I can get wololo to code freeze and start the beta for wagic 19 early to mid next week. Im sure the decks that need that restriction still far out perform our current batch
excessum

Post by excessum »

Here they are minus the restriction{phase}, all 18 decks: 6 Aggro, 6 Midrange, 4 Combo and 2 Control. Pretty much every non-Aggro deck got a major boost with the combohints and other hints so now the initial hand and cards drawn become significant. The Combo and Control decks are particularly annoying to play against if the player does not know their capabilities so you might want to leave them out for newbie players. The Aggro decks are just fast and killy while the Midrange decks are quite balanced overall.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

this set is in :) keeping em coming!
excessum

Post by excessum »

Need some help debugging this deck. For some unknown reason(s), the AI in this deck breaks down completely. It will randomly refuse to cast the cheap sorceries, cast Farseek and not fetch a land or cast entwined Tooth and Nail and do nothing.

Code: Select all

#NAME:Tooth and Nail
#DESC:Modern G Combo
#HINT:castpriority(enchantment,sorcery,creature,artifact)
#HINT:combo hold(Quicksilver Amulet|myhand)^cast(Quicksilver Amulet|myhand)^restriction{type(Quicksilver Amulet|mybattlefiel)~lessthan~1}^totalmananeeded({4})
#HINT:combo hold(Tooth and Nail|myhand)^cast(Tooth and Nail|myhand)^restriction{type(creature|mybattlefield)~lessthan~4}^totalmananeeded({G}{G}{7})

#7 creature
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn * 1
Blightsteel Colossus * 2
Worldspine Wurm * 4

#4 artifacts
Quicksilver Amulet (M12) * 3
Lightning Greaves * 1

#16 Spells
Farseek * 4
Explore * 4
Cultivate * 4
Tooth and Nail * 4

#8 enchantments
Vernal Bloom (8ED) * 4
Rites of Flourishing * 4

#25 lands
Forest (MRD) * 25
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Amulet|mybattlefiel)
typo here.
ai can't pay "other=" cost with combo becuase it requires a choice, it has to choose "play alternitive" which combo system can't handle yet. it gets locked in a loop trying to play the combo it can't do.
this is a good find, i will need to atleast work on a method to choose the play mode of a card for combos.
excessum

Post by excessum »

I seem to recall the AI being able to cast Tooth and Nail with entwine if it has enough mana. I only specified for the AI to cast that spell with {G}{G}{7} without explicit targets so I assume it will revert to its default programming and cast it which is what happens. I do not think it is even bringing the creature cards from its library to hand so it appears to be a complete flop.

After correcting the typo, the AI bugginess still persists with its inability to cast its spells properly. Removing the combo hint for Tooth and Nail does not resolve this issue. The typo is also present in deck116 that I uploaded earlier but it does not affect that particular deck either.