Kaladesh

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
Bas

Re: Kaladesh

Post by Bas »

He might also need <upto:1> on his +1, else you can't use it if no creatures are present.

Not happy with energy counters so far. I am wondering; couldn't we create an effect that creates an energy tableau token where counters are put on, only triggering if it doesn't exist already? How were exp counters coded?

Oh yeah, and any clue on how to code working menace? Esp. without "restriction"?

White Gearhulk's coding is also pretty weird, maybe we can figure out something better.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
mrfatbard

Post by mrfatbard »

fix for chandra forgot target(creature) instead of target creature also added a : on the final cuz I forgot

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Chandra, Torch of Defiance
auto=counter(0/0,4,loyalty)
auto={C(0/0,1,Loyalty)}:deplete:1 controller && damage:2 opponent
auto={C(0/0,1,Loyalty)}:add{R}{R}
auto={C(0/0,-3,Loyalty)}:damage:4 target(creature)
auto={C(0/0,-7,Loyalty)}:emblem name(Chandra Emblem) transforms((,newability[@movedto(*|mystack): damage:5 target(creature,player)])) forever dontremove
text=+1: Exile the top card of your library. You may cast that card. If you don't, Chandra, Torch of Defiance deals 2 damage to each opponent. -- +1: Add {R}{R} to your mana pool. -- -3: Chandra, Torch of Defiance deals 4 damage to target creature. -- -7: You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell, this emblem deals 5 damage to target creature or player."
mana={2}{R}{R}
type=Planeswalker
subtype=Chandra
[/card]
I also thought of creating tokens for the energy instead of using counters and you just sac them like clues, in the end I don't remember why I didn't just do that
mrfatbard

Post by mrfatbard »

here is my updated kaladesh primitive with token energy https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpw68cpat4nusls/KLD.txt?dl=0
Bas

Post by Bas »

Got a non-tested trial for energy which looks like this from the logic;
auto=aslongas (or if?) (Energy Tableau|mybf) token (id for Tableau) controller < 1
auto=counters(blabla energy) target (Energy Tableau|mybf)

...etc.
Forums are down atm.

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Bas

Post by Bas »

This example of Glimmer creates an Energy Tableau if nonexistent and puts counters on it (regardless of it was just created or already existing). Please ignore all the other code.

[card]
name=Glimmer of Genius
#Energy Tableau test run!
## Edit: IT WORKS THIS WAY! Now for paying {E} we just need to first check how many E are on all/target Energy Tableauts|myBf and then remove that many.
auto=aslongas(Energy Tableau|mybattlefield) create token(845900) controller <1
auto=counter(0/0,2,energy) all(Energy Tableau|mybattlefield)
auto=deplete:2 controller
text=Scry 2, then draw two cards. You get {E}{E} (two energy counters).
mana={3}{U}
type=Instant
[/card]

So we got a tech here to put E on the BF, just need to create one which removes them (and checks first if existent, see my comments above).
Forums are down atm.

mrfatbard

Post by mrfatbard »

looks cool man, by the way I got a scry code that works every time if you want to use it here it is

//scry 2
auto=deplete:2 controller && transforms((,newability[may moveto(mylibrary) target(<upto:2>*|mygraveyard)])) ueot
Bas

Post by Bas »

Does it also works if the spell itself has a target? That was one issue for me, but I admit I don't exactly know how transforms works.
Forums are down atm.

Bas

Post by Bas »

That Scry-Code doesn't properly work for me (0.19.0, afaik), upto doesn't seem to be fully implented here.

Can I use multiple transforms within each other? For instance, if I want to add a draw-effect?

For energy counters, I got some issues with only allowing an ability if certain amount of counters are present on the board. Any idea regarding this?
Forums are down atm.

wagicmagic28

Post by wagicmagic28 »

The set does not show up for me using KLD can someone just zip me a good high quality WIN version of this ready to go, I know you people can't resist HD when you get bored and if you could send me a download dropbox link with the SET KLD already constructed correctly to go. I did everything like I always do maybe cropping the images messed everything up IDK. If you could please send me your version of KLD in high quality if you can and email/pm me with the link I'd appreciate it. tyvm. :mrgreen:
mrfatbard

Post by mrfatbard »

transforms works kinda like this as far as I know

transforms((type you want it to be (example creature, artifact etc.),subtypes for whatever reason,power/toughness(I am not sure exactly how this works cuz you can also do it with setpower or settoughness, refer to your mtg.txt for examples),  newability[normal ability (like {T}:add{1})]  this is the thing I have started to use the most just because ,newability gives the thing a trigger that will happen after the normal ability triggers )) ueot, uynt, forever dontremove (these are all things you can use to determine how long the transformation lasts)

if you need a thing to transform after it triggers you can do something like this

target(creature) gets something && transforms((,newability[the thing that triggers after the original thing happens])) ueot (so it doesn't stack later)
the target creature will be the thing that transforms from this code because reasons

to scry I have used this code
deplete:1 controller && transforms((,newability[may moveto(mylibrary) target(*|mygraveyard)])) ueot
puts the card into the graveyard first then transforms to achieve the may put ontop of your library, just using && resulted in you moving a card from your graveyard to your library before the scryed card even whent to the graveyard like if it said exchange places with a card in your graveyard and the top of your library

the reason I chose your graveyard is because otherwise you can draw a free card by not putting it back on top of your library, the code is not advanced enough to shuffle the card in your graveyard into your library after the scry so it just goes to your graveyard making grave return just a little better  :?  so the scry code isn't perfect but functional

if the card is an instant or sorcery and you don't specify when the transform ends then if you return it somehow and use it again it would then have the previous trasformation still on it so you would then return two cards to the top of your deck instead of one but would still only put one card in the graveyard

another example is this
draw:1 && transforms((,newability[discard(*|myhand)])) ueot
^first                                    ^second
draw:1 && discard(*|myhand)
^both trigger at the same time

in otherwords the newability is to have an ability that will trigger after the rest of the code string
hope this helped  :lol: