Battle for Zendikar

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
Bas

Re: Battle for Zendikar

Post by Bas »

Actually using 0.19.0 atm with 0.19.2 core Sets (more cards, fixed some manually for myself to work with my version) and sets from the forums plus these weird scry cards I was coding.

Anything above is slow(er) in deck construction, roughly 33% by scrolling, and some later version even don't support images there anymore or seem to enlarge them from the thumbnails file (which looks extremely blurry then). IIRC cards work fine (the images) in normal play or shop mode there.

I think that's it.
Maybe we should add some kind of webchat (webirc?) to the forums so people can communicate with each other faster and easier?
Thoughts on this? Should be made pretty visible on the forums (below the header somewhere) and maybe also accessible by other clients (IRC again?).
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

i dont mess with deck editor so i wouldnt be able to tell you. if it was up to me the whole menu at start, and deck editor would be completely redone.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

To be honest, I'm really having a hard time to use the deck editor on Android. That's why I made Import deck options on Android.
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

Zethfox wrote:bas we need to get you a psp build that will use the most current rev. the amount of unique cards being added is 853.....thats massive in MTG terms. is there a reason you use 18.6 over most current? is it lack of a psp build for most current that keeps you from updating?

and im only upset becuase think of it like this, I took wagic from 2k cards to 9k+ uniques, single handly coded support to remove the 1k workarounds from the original 2k. in essence, I pretty much coded the entire ability support for wagic. recoded 80% of the ai.

now fast forward, a random person comes along, never seen wagic. they down load it and notice soi is not there so they ask on the forums.....they are then given the primitves for soi that are floating around with those *** joke cards.....they build a deck...first match they die for no reason at all(joke card), second match they crash (incorrectly coded cost), 3rd match they play an angel that is only supposed to put a token in play but instead +3/+3 all creatures puts a token and give trample to everything.

that person will uninstall wagic claiming the ability support is complete garbage, the game is trashy and crashes, and the engine does whatever it want (angel giving random **** out).....

well, who coded all the ability support.....ZETHFOX, man that guy must be complete trash.

SEE why im mad?
agreed
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
Bas

Post by Bas »

Who is coding deck editor then atm?
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

no one :/
I might play around with it here next, using card displays instead of static loading card displays seem to handle many many cards WAY better than our current system for deck editor does.
and the current filter system is is serious need of help.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

currently testing reveal and scry, it's hard to test them all... kinship, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Tezzeret, Ad Nauseum... Man this code is massive...
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

kevlahnota wrote:currently testing reveal and scry, it's hard to test them all... kinship, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Tezzeret, Ad Nauseum... Man this code is massive...

:) no need to test all, just build a couple decks using t2 standard, and have fun. The last 3 sets contain many uses of the new abilities support. While (, madness extension, multiple versions of revealing and scry. It really was the perfect sets to finally bring reveal to wagic.

I still need to teach the ai how to do it tho, might be rough since i have a feeling it wont know whats best to scry to top or bottom, or what card ro pick during a reveal event. Ill see what i can do. If atleast i can teach it commune with nature and other similar more basic version, ill be happy.
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

I don't usually test out new stuff but this seems pretty big.

Sounds like a lot of people have been waiting for this so I might have to make up a new deck.

Great job guys.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

i got maybe 17 more cards to code, then im passing it to kev, once kev gives his thumbs up, it will be avilible for everyone. this is a HUGE update, close to 900 unique cards being added. 300-400 of which contain revealing, scry, hermit druid, type effects.