Battle for Zendikar

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
Zethfox

Re: Battle for Zendikar

Post by Zethfox »

kevlahnota wrote:I think its only for colorless attribute so it will not collide with color= on targetchooser.cpp

Code: Select all

if (attribute.find("iscolorless") != string::npos)
                    {
                         attributefound = 1;
                        for (int cid = 1; cid < Constants::NB_Colors; cid++)
                        { 
                            cd->SetExclusionColor(cid);
                        }
                        cd->mode = CardDescriptor::CD_OR;
                    }
Example card: Eye of Ugin. But other attribute don't use "is"...
CD doesnt work that way kev. never has and never should.
furthermore, isattacking, isbasic, island <----no **** this was used for "is a land" it makes it look for islands......
whatever was the cause of that change is whats broken and needs to be corrected itself, [colorless] was used on
[colorless] = card that is not red,green,blue,white,black. color artifact. I'm not understanding what bug it would have amd why if any it couldnt be corrected with a single line of code rather than changing it. second, it was not listed as a change or bug fix.

[card]
name=Dissension in the Ranks
auto=name(why not act of treason?) damage:20 controller
text=Target blocking creature fights another target blocking creature.
mana={3}{R}{R}
type=Instant
[/card]

[card]
name=Geistblast
target=creature,player
auto=damage:2
autograveyard={2}{U}{moveto(exile)}:target(instant,sorcery|myhand) storm ueot
text=Geistblast deals 2 damage to target creature or player. -- {2}{U}, Exile Geistblast from your graveyard: Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
mana={2}{R}
type=Instant
[/card]

cards like the one above.....added to primitives being spread around. "auto=name(why not act of treason?) damage:20 controller" <----is this supposed to be funny? cause its not. and the fight ability is supported, a simple search for that effect in primitives would have come up with the code needed for that card.

auto=lord(eldrazi[colorless]|myhand,mylibrary,mygraveyard,myexile) altercost(colorless,-2)

when the engine reads this line of code.
it reads "lord(" then targetchooser "*" followed by [carddescripter] it reads "colorless" sets excludes on cid. the second part is stored as MTGABILITY for the lord its building, read as altercost, then its string.

at no point at all will the parser confuse colorless with altercost colorless.
for example, lord(creature[red]) altercost(attacking) will do absolutely nothing it will not build any ability for the lord becuase the altercost is parsed as "attacking" which doesnt exist.
im confused when you say collides with color=
if you are talking about "color" in the CD, this is new, and it needs to go BELOW colorless....so the parser has a chance to find colorless FIRST. top to bottom, left to right.

did you find colorless, no ok, did you find color, great!
this is true for any and all parsing, if you look for
string "land"
{
blah
}
string "island"
{
blah
}
you will ALWAYS find land, but if its reversed
string "island"
{
blah
}
string "land"
{
blah
}
it will not find land before checking if it found island.

anyways the color in CD is nested in a check for "shares!" it would never collide.
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

The Eye of Ugin works perfectly. I think you included it here look: https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/c ... 630fdda63f
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

kevlahnota wrote:The Eye of Ugin works perfectly. I think you included it here look: https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/c ... 630fdda63f
Still no excuse, i added or altered over 375k lines of code, its easy to over look that. But my issue is look at the 2 cards i show. There are 38 others coded the same way so far. And i Still have bfz to recheck.

These are effects that already exist. Not typos. But they dont even look at mtg.txt. i dont get it.

How can people spend hours coding token workarounds, but actual cards that are supported, they dont even look twice at mtg.txt. smfh.

Its not that theyre just coded wrong, but included in primitive txt being passed around. Why include that garbage? If its not support dont add it.
Bas

Post by Bas »

No offense, but to me personally a problem was that for some few months (since me starting coding) no one was around to answer my questions regarding that. So I had to figure stuff on my own that kind-of works (Not speaking about BFZ here, just in general for some personal codes). Assuming I wasn't alone, people had to work with what they had, knew and assumed.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

Bas wrote:No offense, but to me personally a problem was that for some few months (since me starting coding) no one was around to answer my questions regarding that. So I had to figure stuff on my own that kind-of works (Not speaking about BFZ here, just in general for some personal codes). Assuming I wasn't alone, people had to work with what they had, knew and assumed.
We have a wiki here: https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/wiki/CardCode for most basic stuff.
Then if you want some advanced coding style then look in the primitives since a lot of "common/duplicate" cards are already coded and tested.

No offense though...
Zethfox wrote: Still no excuse, i added or altered over 375k lines of code, its easy to over look that. But my issue is look at the 2 cards i show. There are 38 others coded the same way so far. And i Still have bfz to recheck.

These are effects that already exist. Not typos. But they dont even look at mtg.txt. i dont get it.

How can people spend hours coding token workarounds, but actual cards that are supported, they dont even look twice at mtg.txt. smfh.

Its not that theyre just coded wrong, but included in primitive txt being passed around. Why include that garbage? If its not support dont add it.
Yeah, reading wouldn't hurt.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Bas wrote:No offense, but to me personally a problem was that for some few months (since me starting coding) no one was around to answer my questions regarding that. So I had to figure stuff on my own that kind-of works (Not speaking about BFZ here, just in general for some personal codes). Assuming I wasn't alone, people had to work with what they had, knew and assumed.
but bas, there are literally 10,000 examples in mtg.txt located in the primitives folder. a lot of the corrections i made were just CtrlF, copy, paste. basically we already had the exact effect coded in primitives. card coding is not a guessing game. its not something you are going blindly into. it just take reading the primitives.

no worries tho, I'm adding a 850ish card batch to primitives, the custom made or collected cards from ogw, bfz, soi can be deleted after i commit this.
imagine what it was like for me, there was a time when it was just me here. i would add stuff, no one would be around to play with it.
people complained ai was stupid, or too easy. I added a TON of tools coders can use to tell the ai how to play a deck, combohints, toggledifficulty(, castpriority.....but no one was really around to use it, and those that were only cared to play around with token workarounds.
finally when Doc, my personal card coder left the wagic project for good. I also jumped ship. it was too much.

this batch of 850 cards took me longer to code than the support i needed to add for them.
revealing, scry, menace, just to name a few. will be coming very very soon. as in, im done coding, done making the cards, and just merging primitve files at this point.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Can only speak for myself and the scry workarounds I did (+custom code because I have to use an older WTH for PSP), while the wiki page was def. useful, there were (and are) still a lot of questions left unasked, and some keywords from that page had special, not more clearly described restrictions and/or weren't (fully) supported at my version.
Forums are down atm.

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

When I first started playing Wagic 5 years ago I did not know much about coding. Fortunately at that time there were more of the Devs around. Zeth answered many of my questions and pointed me to the right places. I started by coding my own custom sets and did a lot of copy pasting from the mtg.txt and I found out how the more advanced stuff worked by using the wiki. The wiki was not really kept up to date with the new codes and keywords when they came out but it had a bulk, of the information needed. Then it just took time to learn. Since then I started coding sets for people and I stand behind every card I post and put my name on. I do not use workarounds on posts that should be official adds and I will not put a card up that does not work to the best of my knowledge. This is a professionalism that should be maintained for anyone that puts up a primitive that is an official set.

Cards like the ones listed above are ridiculous and I understand why Zeth is upset. I have been gone from Wagic for only a short while due to my hard drive failure and I have not been able to catch up yet from the time I have to work on it, but I have seen that the last few set adds have had many bugs. This may be due to lack of knowledge and I understand that, but when I see things like what Zeth posted I wonder about the future of the game. I will double my efforts in order to get back on track and continue to code sets. I just started a new job though and that has put me farther behind than I intended to be.

Super happy to hear bout scry and reveal finally being added officially. I have complete faith in Zeth and Kev to code some great things.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
Bas

Post by Bas »

Maybe we should add some kind of webchat (webirc?) to the forums so people can communicate with each other faster and easier?
Forums are down atm.

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

bas we need to get you a psp build that will use the most current rev. the amount of unique cards being added is 853.....thats massive in MTG terms. is there a reason you use 18.6 over most current? is it lack of a psp build for most current that keeps you from updating?

and im only upset becuase think of it like this, I took wagic from 2k cards to 9k+ uniques, single handly coded support to remove the 1k workarounds from the original 2k. in essence, I pretty much coded the entire ability support for wagic. recoded 80% of the ai.

now fast forward, a random person comes along, never seen wagic. they down load it and notice soi is not there so they ask on the forums.....they are then given the primitves for soi that are floating around with those *** joke cards.....they build a deck...first match they die for no reason at all(joke card), second match they crash (incorrectly coded cost), 3rd match they play an angel that is only supposed to put a token in play but instead +3/+3 all creatures puts a token and give trample to everything.

that person will uninstall wagic claiming the ability support is complete garbage, the game is trashy and crashes, and the engine does whatever it want (angel giving random **** out).....

well, who coded all the ability support.....ZETHFOX, man that guy must be complete trash.

SEE why im mad?