New Wagic Mod - Parasite Eve II Demo

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
neogokufire

New Wagic Mod - Parasite Eve II Demo

Post by neogokufire »

Hey all....

Anyone remember parasite eve 2 for the playstation? Great game. I recently started playing it again on my psp. So i got thinking, this would make a great wagic set / mod. After much creating, modifying, testing, etc. Here is my demo release.. Demo because it only includes 38 cards out of 115 that I have worked up so far. The rest haven't undergone thorough testing. So heres how it works...

You play as Aya Brea, alongside a cast of co-workers, acquaintances, maybe even friends. Using your Parasitic Energy, Guns, and smarts, you have to eliminate the N.M.C. threat (Mutated creatures out for blood!).

I have created a starter deck for you to help ease some of the frustration. Plenty of room for improvement! There are 3 AI decks for you to play against. Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulties.

There are some key differences between this game, and Wagic...

1)Terminology, you will see some new terminology, most of it is explained in parenthesis. Anything that is the same as Magic, should act the same way.

2)All creatures you control have defender. No spells will target enemy life. The goal isn't to deplete the opponents life force, the goal is to defeat all the creatures until there are none left (Force them to run out of cards.). The harder the deck, the more cards in it!

3)Because of #2, these games will take longer to play (assuming you win.)

4)N.M.C.s & N.M.C. abilities you will face, however these should not be added to your deck. (There's nothing stopping you, it just wouldn't be a fair game then.) Please refrain from purchasing them from the shop / adding them to your library. Of course if you want to play the "Bad Guy" in two-player mode, feel free.

5)Guns, Guns, Guns. These are essential, your main method of destroying creatures before they eat you alive. Guns act as enchantments, Ammo enchants the guns. To fire a gun, pay the cost (Tap the gun, and/or pay mana), take aim (Highlight the creature you want to shoot) it will turn red. Then click on the ammunition you want to use. Most guns have ammo choices, 1, 2, & 3, be sure to select the correct choice before you aim (you can always cancel however). Certain creatures can only equip certain weapons, and ammo is gun specific (5.56mm for Rifles, 9mm XXX for Pistols.)

6)Card # limitations. With the exception of Ammo (stated on the cards themselves), the limit for each card should be 4 in a deck. Once again, nothing stopping you, but that's how it will be the most balanced.

7)Legendary - all of the player's characters are legendary, meaning they can only have 1 out on play at any time. Keep this in mind when deck building. (If you try to cast 2 of the same, both will die :-( )

6)Any problems, questions, concerns, feel free to post here and I will attempt to address! I have tested it thoroughly, but with constant changes, there may be a few bugs. I can't guarantee that it will work at all, but it works for me on PSP Phat, and the eboot hasn't been modified, except to change the graphics, so if WTH 0.7.1 works for you, this should.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, this release is not compatible with your other cards / sets. Graphics have been changed (Thanks to psxdb.com & Nyghtcrawler for eboot help & magic gfx pack). A new music track was added. (Don't forget to delete these if your game crashes). Does not & should not include any other sets.
I recommend you install as a separate location. It's only about 15MB!

Full Pack, includes WTH 0.7.1 (Modified) - http://www.divshare.com/download/7774058-488

Directions for installation:

Unzip, put the WTH-PE2 DEMO folder in X:\PSP\GAME\ where X: is the drive of your psp. Make sure when the folder is opened you see Res & Eboot.psp; otherwise you have an extra folder you will need to remove for it to show up in your XMB.

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

EDIT: Corrected download link.
neogokufire

Re: New Wagic Mod - Parasite Eve II Demo

Post by neogokufire »

Play testing for Full set has started. Currently at 112 cards...

Any feedback would be appreciated.
mschmitz

Post by mschmitz »

neogokufire wrote:Play testing for Full set has started. Currently at 112 cards...

Any feedback would be appreciated.
As much as i am for people coming up with creative ideas i am completely against ridiculously stupid cards with insane effects for near no cost. :roll:
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Hi, Just a few comments I feel that need to be said.
I think its already a given that the cards made here were not meant for normal wagic use, more of an expansion of wagic instead of a set added to it.
I wonder is there any way to set such that your creatures can't attack the opponent, such as coding a moat that affects all creatures on your side.
Either that or making a new card function that way and have it be gotten into the opponent's hand and cast on the first turn.
You could set difficulty by handling some of the monsters like lands, which the computer gets to play an extra before the game starts when difficulty is set in options.Kind of like handle them like artifact that are also lands, but in this case a few creatures that are also lands.
There's also the option of expanding on that theme, say have the monsters give rewards when they go to the graveyard like target opponent draws a card or gains a life etc. That way you can include even monster amounts of cards and still be as survivable, even to the point of rewards having their payload decreased should higher difficulties be selected.
Or how about coding a card to change the background used to signify change in areas, most likely played by the enemy, so maybe handle them like enchantments. like moving to the sewer or park areas, with plus and minus effects to each area.
Isn't there a way to make it such that a set is never unlocked, like make it cost a huge amount of points before the set opens? I remember having my random play type get locked for a very long time when I installed the FF7 mod. Why not do that then add just the basic charc cards in the collection, the monster cards being only on the "deck sets" that you play against since the computer does not need to have the card unlocked to use it in a deck.

Lastly could this be uploaded to http://www.megaupload.com, I seem to have a problem getting the file to download from that provider. Either that or yousendit.com is also good.
thanks.