Return to Ravnica 253/274

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
Tacoghandi

Re: Return to Ravnica 253/274

Post by Tacoghandi »

Cleaned up Faerie Impostor's code as there is not supposed to be any choice.

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Faerie Impostor
abilities=flying
auto=if type(other creature|mybattlefield)~morethan~0 then moveto(ownerhand) notatarget(other creature|mybattlefield) else sacrifice all(this)
text=Flying. -- When Faerie Imposter enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you return another creature you control to its owner's hand.
mana={U}
type=Creature
subtype=Faerie Rogue
power=2
toughness=1
[/card]
This seems to be a better code for Gatecreeper Vine but I am not sure.

[card]
name=Gatecreeper Vine
abilities=defender
auto=may name(Fetch a Land) moveto(myhand) notatarget(basic,gate|mylibrary)
text=Defender. -- When Gatecreeper Vine enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card or a Gate card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. 
mana={1}{G}
type=Creature
subtype=Plant
power=0
toughness=2
[/card]
Gobbling Ooze should cost {4}{G} not {1}{G}

Fixed some typos and becomes Type on Golgari Keyrune

[card]
name=Golgari Keyrune
auto={T}:add{B}
auto={T}:add{G}
auto={B}{G}:becomes(Creature Insect,2/2,deathtouch,black,green) ueot
text={T}:Add {B} or {G} to your mana pool. -- {B}{G}: Golgari Keyrune becomes a 2/2 black and green Insect artifact creature with deathtouch, until end of turn.
mana={3}
type=Artifact
[/card]
Here is a properly working Grove of the Guardian code

[card]
name=Grove of the Guardian
auto={T}:add{1}
auto=aslongas(creature[-tapped]|mybattlefield) {3}{G}{W}{T}{T(creature[-tapped]|mybattlefield)}{T(creature[-tapped]|mybattlefield)}{S}:token(Elemental,Creature Elemental,8/8,white,green,vigilance) controller
text={T}: Add{1} to your mana pool. --{3}{G}{W}, Tap two untapped creatures you control, Sacrifice Grove of the Guardian: Put an 8/8 green and white Elemental Creature token with vigilance on to the battlefield.mana={U}
type=Land
[/card]
Here is a properly Populating Growing Ranks

[card]
name=Growing Ranks
auto=@each my upkeep restriction{type(creature[token]|mybattlefield)~morethan~0}:clone notatarget(creature[token]|mybattlefield)
text=Enchantment. -- At the beginning of your upkeep, populate. (Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of a creature token you control.)
mana={2}{GW}{GW}
type=Enchantment
[/card]
Removed Havoc Festival as it is too big of a workaround and has bugs. There is a bug with the life code not triggering the right amount when a large number of sources deal damage or when there are power and toughness buffing enchantments on the field. Also the card will still trigger all life and lifeloss based triggers.
Last edited by Tacoghandi on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

Removed Grave Betrayal for now as I can not code it. I am pretty sure it is codable but I can not figure it out. Any help on a working version would be appreciated.

kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

I have this code but its working partially. It cannot transform to zombie and black color. If you can add the color change and making it a zombie then its great.

[card]
name=Grave Betrayal
auto=@movedTo(creature|graveyard) from(opponentbattlefield):all(trigger) transforms((,newability[phaseaction[endofturn once] moveto(opponentbattlefield)],newability[phaseaction[endofturn once] counter(1/1.1)]))
text=Whenever a creature you don't control dies, return it to the battlefield under your control with an additional +1/+1 counter on it at the beginning of the next end step. That creature is a black Zombie in addition to its other colors and types.
mana={5}{B}{B}
type=Enchantment
[/card]
Tacoghandi wrote:Removed Grave Betrayal for now as I can not code it. I am pretty sure it is codable but I can not figure it out. Any help on a working version would be appreciated.

KF1

Post by KF1 »

This code for Grave Betrayal works:

[card]
name=Grave Betrayal
auto=@each endofturn:moveto(mybattlefield) target(creature|opponentgraveyard)
auto=@movedTo(creature|mybattlefield) from(opponentgraveyard):all(trigger[to])transforms((Zombie,black,newability[counter(1/1)])) forever
text=Whenever a creature you don't control dies, return it to the battlefield under your control with an additional +1/+1 counter on it at the beginning of the next end step. That creature is a black Zombie in addition to its other colors and types.
mana={5}{B}{B}
type=Enchantment
[/card]
I just played a game where the AI had one Grave Betrayal in play as well as two Bad Moon enchantments and used Dark Banishing on my WHITE Blade Splicer 1/1. The Blade Splicer went to my graveyard. At the next end step the Blade Splicer came into play on the AI's battlefield as a 4/4 (+1 for Zombie effect, +2 for the fact it is now black and two Bad Moons are in play) with the 3/3 Golem.

So did I miss something?
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

KF1 if you read Grave Betrayal's card text you will see that that does not work according to the rules of the card. You are moving any target creature from your opponents graveyard instead of only ones that would trigger. And all creatures that enter the field from the graveyard whether by this card or not would become zombies and get teh bonuses. This is wrong. Also you are only moving creatures out of your oppoents graveyard. By the rules of the card if your opponent controls one of your creatures and it dies it will come back to you at end of turn as a zombie and 1/1 counter

I have tried all I can think of to make that work and nothing. Oh well. Perhaps someone will figure out the working code. I could do it with a token workaround but that is not something i am interested in right now. If people want the token workaround i will post it after I am done going through this set.

Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

Fixed Hellhole Flailer to now powerstrike target player.

[card]
name=Hellhole Flailer
auto=may name(Unleash) counter(1/1,1)
auto=this(counter{1/1.1}) cantblock
auto={2}{B}{R}{S}:dynamicability<!powerstrike!> target(player)
text=Unleash (You may have this creature enter the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it. It can't block as long as it has a +1/+1 counter on it.) -- {2}{B}{R} , Sacrifice Hellhole Flailer: Hellhole Flailer deals damage equal to its power to target player.
mana={1}{B}{R}
type=Creature
subtype=Ogre Warrior
power=3
toughness=2
[/card]
Horncaller's Chant now populates correctly

[card]
name=Horncaller's Chant
auto=token(Rhino,Creature Rhino,4/4,green,trample)
auto=aslongas(creature[token]|mybattlefield) clone notatarget(creature[token]|mybattlefield)
text=Put a 4/4 green Rhino creature token with trample onto the battlefield, then populate.
mana={7}{G}
type=Sorcery
[/card]
Hypersonic Dragon now gives Sorcery in your graveyard flash as well for purposes of Flashback and retrace style cards.

[card]
name=Hypersonic Dragon
abilities=flying,haste
auto=lord(Sorcery|myhand,mygraveyard) flash forcedalive
text=Flying, haste. -- You may cast sorcery spells as though they had flash.
mana={3}{U}{R}
type=Creature
subtype=Dragon
power=4
toughness=4
[/card]
Working Izzet Keyrune and fixed Typos in text line.

[card]
name=Izzet Keyrune
auto={T}:add{U}
auto={T}:add{R}
auto={U}{R}:becomes(Creature Elemental,2/1,blue,red) ueot
auto=@combatdamaged(player) from(this):may draw:1 && transforms((,newability[target(*|myhand) reject])) forever
text={T}:Add {U} or {R} to your mana pool. -- {U}{R}: Until end of turn, Izzet Keyrune becomes a 2/1 blue and red Elemental artifact creature. -- Whenever Izzet Keyrune deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
mana={3}
type=Artifact
[/card]
This appears to be the way cards like Izzet Staticaster seem to be coded thought i dont think that izzet counts as the one doing the damage though. I tried the other way using the && with non transforming but could not get it to work. This works but i think it is considered a workaround.

[card]
name=Izzet Staticaster
abilities=flash,haste
auto={T}:target(creature) transforms((,newabilty[damage:1],newability[damage:1 all(creature[share!name!]|battlefield)]))
text=Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.) -- Haste {T}: Izzet Staticaster deals 1 damage to target creature and each other creature with the same name as that creature.
mana={1}{U}{R}
type=Creature
subtype=Human Wizard
power=0
toughness=3
[/card]
Fixed Jarad, Golgari Lich Lords second ability.

[card]
name=Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
auto=foreach(creature|mygraveyard) 1/1
auto=aslongas(other creature|mybattlefield) {1}{B}{G}{S(other creature|mybattlefield)}:life:-storedpower opponent
autograveyard={S(swamp|mybattlefield)}{S(forest|mybattlefield)}:moveTo(myhand) 
text=Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord gets +1/+1 for each creature card in your graveyard. -- {1}{B}{G}, Sacrifice another creature: Each opponent loses life equal to the sacrificed creature's power. -- Sacrifice a Swamp and a Forest: Return Jarad from your graveyard to your hand.
mana={B}{B}{G}{G}
type=Legendary Creature
subtype=Zombie Elf
power=2
toughness=2
[/card]
Fixed Jarad's Orders to properly move cards.

[card]
name=Jarad's Orders
auto=name(Move a Creature to graveyard) notatarget(creature|mylibrary) transforms((,newability[name(Move a creature to hand) notatarget(creature|mylibrary) moveTo(myhand)],newability[moveTo(mygraveyard)])) oneshot
text=Search your library for up to two creature cards and reveal them. Put one into your hand and the other into your graveyard. Then shuffle your library.
mana={2}{B}{G}
type=Sorcery
[/card]
Korozda Guildmage was missing activation cost for token creation.

Launch Party now works as its suppose to though i noticed that cards that have a sac creature cost that can target creatures with their effects are able to target the creature you sac which is not suppose to work that way. I will make a bug report for it. This is technically the way it is suppose to be coded though so...

[card]
name=Launch Party
target=creature
auto=destroy
auto=life:-2 targetcontroller
text=As an additional cost to cast Launch Party, sacrifice a creature. -- Destroy target creature. Its controller loses 2 life.
mana={3}{B}{S(creature|mybattlefield)}
type=Instant
[/card]
Lobber Crew is not a may ability and mana cost is supposed to be {2}{R}
Loxodon Smiter is not codable due to the fact that the game cn not register if it was an opponents effect that made you discard him. So I removed him from mine.

Mana Bloom now works correctly.

[card]
name=Mana Bloom
auto=counter(0/0,X,Charge)
auto={C(0/0,-1,Charge)}:activatechooseacolor add{chosencolor} activatechooseend limit:1
auto=this(counter{0/0,1,charge}<1) transforms((,newability[@each myupkeep:moveto(ownerhand)]))
text=Mana Bloom enters the battlefield with X charge counters on it. -- Remove a charge counter from Mana Bloom: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Activate this ability only once each turn. -- At the beginning of your upkeep, if Mana Bloom has no charge counters on it, return it to its owner's hand.
mana={X}{G}
type=Enchantment
[/card]
Last edited by Tacoghandi on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KF1

Post by KF1 »

Tacoghandi wrote:KF1 if you read Grave Betrayal's card text you will see that that does not work according to the rules of the card. You are moving any target creature from your opponents graveyard instead of only ones that would trigger. And all creatures that enter the field from the graveyard whether by this card or not would become zombies and get teh bonuses. This is wrong. Also you are only moving creatures out of your oppoents graveyard. By the rules of the card if your opponent controls one of your creatures and it dies it will come back to you at end of turn as a zombie and 1/1 counter

I have tried all I can think of to make that work and nothing. Oh well. Perhaps someone will figure out the working code. I could do it with a token workaround but that is not something i am interested in right now. If people want the token workaround i will post it after I am done going through this set.
My favorite part of reading something like this is that by reading it you learn something from it you didn't know before.

If I had to have only ONE card from RTR it would be Grave Betrayal. I do hope it can be fixed soon.

Yet another shining example of the superb attention to detail that goes into each and every approved card code.

Thanks for the continued support.
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

KF1 wrote:
My favorite part of reading something like this is that by reading it you learn something from it you didn't know before.

If I had to have only ONE card from RTR it would be Grave Betrayal. I do hope it can be fixed soon.

Yet another shining example of the superb attention to detail that goes into each and every approved card code.

Thanks for the continued support.
Thanks. I used to be a Rules Advisor for judging tournaments for a friends store and that knowlegde of game mechanics really help me code the cards correctly. Like i said I can code a token workaround that will work for the card for sure. I'll get it to you when i have tested it

Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

Centaur Healer had an extra space at the end of its name in the primitives preventing it from showing up in game
Mercurial Chemister had an extra space at the end of its name in the primitives preventing it from showing up in game
Minotaur Aggressor had Agressor for subtype instead of Berserker

Workaround...Here is the next Overload Card Mizzium Mortars

[card]
name=Mizzium Mortars
auto=damage:4 target(creature|opponentbattlefield)
kicker={2}{R}{R}
auto=kicker damage:4 all(creature|opponentbattlefield)
auto=kicker protection from(this) all(creature|opponentbattlefield)
text=Mizzium Mortars deals 4 damage to target creature you don't control. -- Overload {3}{R}{R}{R}
mana={1}{R}
type=Sorcery
[/card]
Workaround...Overload card Mizzium Skin

[card]
name=Mizzium Skin
auto=target(creature|mybattlefield) transforms((,newability[0/1 ueot],newability[opponentshroud ueot])) forever
kicker={1}
auto=kicker 0/1 all(creature|mybattlefield) && opponentshroud all(creature|mybattlefield)
auto=kicker protection from(this) all(creature|mybattlefield)
text=Target creature you control gets +0/+1 and gains hexproof until end of turn. -- Overload {1}{U}. (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with 'each.")
mana={U}
type=Instant
[/card]
Removed Nivmagus Elemental for now as I do not think it is possible to exile a spell from the stack

Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius now draws when he damages any player not just opponent.

[card]
name=Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius
abilities=flying
auto=@damaged(player) from(this):draw:1 controller
auto={U}{R}:damage:1 target(creature,player)
text=Flying. -- Whenever Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius deals damage to a player, you may draw a card. -- {U}{R}: Niv-Mizzet deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
mana={2}{U}{U}{R}{R}
type=Legendary Creature
subtype=Dragon
power=5
toughness=5
[/card]
Working Oak Street Innkeeper by using a small workaround.

[card]
name=Oak Street Innkeeper
auto=@each opponent untap:transforms((,newability[lord(creature[tapped]|mybattlefield) opponentshroud])) ueot
text=As long as it's not your turn, tapped creatures you control have hexproof.
mana={2}{G}
type=Creature
subtype=Elf
power=1
toughness=2
[/card]
Ogre Jailbreaker had subtype of Jailbreaker and should be Rogue
Perilous Shadows was only giving 1/1 and not 2/2
Phantom General is not supposed to have flying
Precinct Captain was missing the [/card] in the card.dat file so it was appearing as Psychic Spiral

Added teach(creature) to pursuit of flights jlying ability and fixed a typo in the text line

[card]
name=Pursuit of Flight
target=creature
auto=2/2
auto=teach(creature) {U}:flying ueot
text=Enchant creature. -- Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has "{U}: This creature gains flying until end of turn."
mana={1}{R}
type=Enchantment
subtype=Aura
[/card]

Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

Rakdos Charm third ability now works correctly

[card]
name=Rakdos Charm
auto=choice target(player) moveTo(exile) all(*|targetedpersonsgraveyard)
auto=aslongas(artifact|battlefield) choice destroy target(artifact)
auto=aslongas(creature|battlefield) choice all(creature) transforms((,newability[damage:1 controller])) oneshot
text=Choose one--exile all cards from target player's graveyard; or destroy target artifact; or each creature deals 1 damage to its controller.
mana={B}{R}
type=Instant
[/card]
Rakdos Keyrune is already an artifact so i fixed the becomes line.

[card]
name=Rakdos Keyrune
auto={T}:add{B}
auto={T}:add{R}
auto={B}{R}:becomes(Creature Devil,3/1,first strike,black,red) ueot
text={T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool. -- {B}{R}: Rakdos Keyrune becomes a 3/1 black and red Devil artifact creature with first strike until end of turn.
mana={3}
type=Artifact
[/card]
Workaround...Not sure how to code Rakdos's Return properly without a token workaround. But my roomate loves the card so I coded the workaround right away instead of waiting on it.

[card]
name=Rakdos's Return
target=opponent
auto=damage:X
auto=if type(*|opponenthand)~morethan~X then token(-253574)*X opponent else reject all(*|opponenthand)
text=Rakdos's Return deals X damage to target opponent. That player discards X cards.
mana={X}{B}{R}
type=Sorcery
[/card]
[card]
name=Rakdos Discard
id=-253574
type=nothing
auto=@movedto(this|nonbattlezone):reject notatarget(*|myhand)
auto=moveto(exile) all(this)
[/card]
Last edited by Tacoghandi on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.