Could someone please code some cards I made?

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
taj1994

Could someone please code some cards I made?

Post by taj1994 »

I am currently working an a Halo-themed set in Mse. I have no experience with putting cards into wagic, but I would like to see how my cards would work in a real game (Wagic is close enough). If someone could do it, it would be greatly appreciated. It is currently 40 finished cards (not including basic lands), and I will post them for anybody willing to do it (I could also e-mail them in a text file if you want, just PM me your e-mail).
"The greatest harm can result from the best intentions" - Wizard's 2nd Rule
"Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie" - Wizard's 5th Rule
"Life is the future, not the past" - Wizard's 7th Rule
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Could someone please code some cards I made?

Post by wololo »

few people will be willing to work on a set they didn't create by themselves, or that is not official. It might help if you post a public link to images/rule text of your cards. I also recommend that you try to create the set by yourself, and ask for help when you get blocked. That's probably the easiest way to see this done :)
taj1994

Post by taj1994 »

Here is the set so far (I am open to suggestions for colour and cost change from what's here):

Second "Covenant Brute Captain" is actually "Covenant Brute Cheiftain." Its type is "Legendary Creature - Jiralhanae Cheiftain," and has:

"If Covenant Brute Chieftain is equipped, it has trample and gets +1/+1 for each equipment attached to it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a rank counter from Brute Chieftain. When there are no rank counters on Brute Chieftain transform it."

It is actually the back side of the first one, and could be changed to a flip card if transform is not yet supported. Some of these cards still need images. There are also 14 unfinished cards, 3 promo cards, and 5 basic lands in addition to these.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by taj1994 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie" - Wizard's 5th Rule
taj1994

Post by taj1994 »

Here is the MSE set file (no pictures):

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

taj1994

Post by taj1994 »

Here are all of the images for all the cards (both finished and unfinished):

http://www.mediafire.com/?e88vcrn5sq92n7u (finished)
http://www.mediafire.com/?7al1voyl2nahbxm (unfinished)

Some of the "finished" cards may need rewording and/or some changes to their abilities
Tepomaster

Post by Tepomaster »

Hi, i check your cards... well, i start the encode this weekend...
taj1994

Post by taj1994 »

Thanks. If you have any suggestions for changes and/or re-wording of abilities, just let me know what you think
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Nice!

Shouldn't the legendary creatures be Planeswalker style though? UNSC, Covenant and Flood could benefit from Emblems.

Spartan Laser: maybe make it exiled from the game after 5 uses; the -2 penalty is too steep as it prohibits the use of soldier/Grunt tokens from benefiting from the weapon.

I like the use of level up and transform abilities. Perhaps the other races could benefit from something similar. Jackals and Shroud for instance as a level up. Flood transform instead of sacrifice another Flood, etc.

As an aside to WTH, I never understood why in Halo games you weren't allowed to play the Flood, the Brutes or other non-Elite races. I can imagine some Xbox gamer Could turn a Grunt into a formidable killing machine.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Flood should use exile creature in opponants graveyard rather than sacrifice another flood to get an effect/token creature in play. Flood use the bodies of their enemies so that makes more sense to me.

Battle Rifle should not give a defense bonus it's not armor plating. The Chaingun on the Warthog would provide a defense bonus because it has armor plates attached to it.

Get rid of the -toughness penalties for weapons unless the weapon is race specific AND super powerful. We never saw master chief or any elite hurt themselves using an energy sword.

I like the idea of the power armors being sacrificed to save the wearer.
taj1994

Post by taj1994 »

Spartan Laser: maybe make it exiled from the game after 5 uses; the -2 penalty is too steep as it prohibits the use of soldier/Grunt tokens from benefiting from the weapon.
The Spartan Laser can pretty much only be used by Spartans, Elites, and very strong humans (the UNSC Marine after it hits rank 7+, and you can't ever give it to marines in any of the games. Pretty much only other players and the rest of your squad in Halo 3: ODST), so that's why I did that. I guess Brutes would also be able to, but they never use human weapons in the games (or the books as far as I know).
Flood should use exile creature in opponants graveyard rather than sacrifice another flood to get an effect/token creature in play. Flood use the bodies of their enemies so that makes more sense to me.
That's a good idea, but the Pure Forms aren't made from the bodies of enemies, they are called "Pure" for a reason.
The Chaingun on the Warthog would provide a defense bonus because it has armor plates attached to it.
The Heavy Machine Gun isn't from the Warthog, it's just the regular Machine Gun Turret.
Get rid of the -toughness penalties for weapons unless the weapon is race specific AND super powerful. We never saw master chief or any elite hurt themselves using an energy sword.
For the sword and the hammer, the drop in toughness is because you lose some of your defensive abilities while using them (you need to get right up close to actually use them, unlike something like the shotgun, which still damages at slightly longer ranges).